Confessions??

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

Ji-Ara’s POV

I watched the city lights with tears in my eyes.  This could not be happening.  I really liked Seungho.  But I never realized he could be so mean.  I mean shouting at me just because I stepped on his feet.
 

What hurts most was the fact that he had acted the very way my own father used to act.  The man had left my mother when she was only two. 

However, a two year old can understand things around her and i did.  I would see how badly my dad had treated my mom; insulting her, shouting, fighting all the damn time.  And seungho just did the same.

 

“You look like the old you when you cry” I heard Taemin’s voice and I swiftly dried my tears.  I never cry in front of anyone.

However, I could not bring myself to talk yet.

Taemin stood beside me and put his hands on the rail.  “It’s not worth crying about him” he said quietly.

“I was not crying because of seungho oppa” i managed.
 

“I did not mean Seungho Oppa” he said and I realized he knew about my past.  He was after all my best friend who knew everything about me, a friend whom I could talk to about anything.
 

“Crying over him would only make him win.” He said in a calm voice.
 

“I am just like my mother, aren’t i? I fall for the same kind of guy, who would eventually just hurt me” I said, tears forming again.
 

Taemin sighed and pulled me in an awkward embrace.  We never really hugged.  But he was warm.  It felt weirdly nice.
 

I could hear his heartbeat playing rhythmic sound.  I could feel the heat seep into me and just like that, I felt better.  I smiled into his chest. 

“Thank” I told him.

 

Taemin’s POV

It was not like anything I ever felt.  The pain I experienced seeing her sad expression seemed to vanish as I hugged her.  It was as though she was a balm to my wounds.
 

It felt weirdly nice.  She actually fit perfectly in my arms.  I felt as though I had been craving something for a while and I had just been satisfied.  I shook my head.  What was wrong with me?
 

But her tears were not something I can't handle, ever.  My best friend was the happy-go-lucky girl who was always laughing and making the most of life.  My tomboy friend!  And tears in her eyes felt like the end of the world.
 

“Thanks” I heard her whisper and I smiled.  I felt proud that I was there for her.

I did not want to let her go, but she wiggled out of the embrace.  For a minute the atmosphere was awkward.

“We should get back” she said, as a means to lessen the tension.

“I should go first, make sure he is not there anymore” I stated.  Though it would be rude of me, but I did not want her hurt again.

“Taeminnie” she said, “I am fine.  It was not him that hurt me, but the thought of my dad” I relented and nodded.

“Let’s just go in else the others will be worried” she said and I smiled at her.

 

Ji-Ara’s POV

As soon as we walked inside, everyone stood with a huge banner over them.  “CONGRATULATIONS” it said.  Taemin and I were both clueless.
 

“Why congratulations?” he asked menacingly.  “Cause you hurt her?” he asked a smiling seungho. 
 

“Congratulations because you guys finally realize you love each other” Anna said and I stared at her!
 

“What do you mean love each other?” I asked, incredulous.
 

“How many times have I told you? She is my best friend!  And that’s IT” Taemin said irritably.
 

Seriously! What was with people thinking we were in love! Can’t a girl and a guy be best of friends without anything to do with love?