Paparazzi

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

****Two days later****

 

I was in the waiting room. Yesterday, there was a picture of me holding Ji-Ara and headlines of us dating.  Of course, this made our president mad.  I was summoned into his office after practice.

 

As soon as I went in, he was on the phone and motioned me to sit down.  I saw the newspapers scattered on his table.

 

“SHINee's Lee Taemin dating two girls in one night.”

 

“Who is the mysterious girl in Lee Taemin’s arms?”

 

“Eun Soo and Lee Taemin a hot couple”

 

“What about Na Eun?”

 

By the time I read them all, president had finished his phone conversation and sat down. 

“Care to explain this?” he asked in a cold tone.  I gulped.

 

“It was a double date with Seungho hyung and Eun Soo and my friend” I stated simply, opting for the truth.
 

Mr. Soo-man shook his head. “Taemin-ah.  I told you so many times, even if you want to date, keep it quiet.”
 

“It was.  We assured ourselves that no paparazzi were there” I insisted.  It was true after all.
 

“Do you know what a blow it was to your WGT ratings?” he questioned.
 

“Na Eun’s manager just called and said we probably should cancel the show” he continued when I did not say anything.
 

“But it’s nothing.  The date meant nothing” I said truthfully.  Eun Soo was a great actress and always looked her gorgeous self, but Key hyung liked her, so she was undatable to be.
 

I looked at him beseechingly, hoping he would understand.  And he visibly softened.  I gave a small smile.
 

“Who was the other girl?” he asked all of a sudden.
 

“My childhood friend” I replied immediately, hoping this would dull any further questions about Ji-Ara.
 

“Ji-Ara” he said and I hated the way her name felt coming from him.  “I heard of that name from somewhere” just right there and then, I noticed that the TV was still on and on mute. 
 

I nearly dropped in my seat when I read the news.  They figured out Ji-Ara was Hollywood actress Sherry! Damn it. 

And I cursed some more when I saw our president’s eyes following mine and a smile playing on his lips.

!