Anna and Jonghyun's Plan

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

Ji-Ara’s POV

As soon as Key Oppa walked me out of the kitchen, I asked, “Where’s Seungho Oppa?” and key gave me a weird look.  However, before I could ask him why he was giving me that look, someone covered my eyes and whispered in my ear, “Guess who?”
 

I smiled at that voice; none other than Seungho Oppa, such a manly voice.  I turned around and we bowed to each other.

“You look enchanting” he said and I blushed.  He was ravishing himself too dressed in black.
 

“Hi hyung” key oppa greeted him and they bowed to each other.
 

“Hey! Is this a party or what? Where’s the music?” Mir called out and we all chuckled.
 

Soon, Joon oppa put on some music and they started dancing to it.  After sometime, Jonghyun put in some romantic music and without asking, held Anna’s hand and started slow dancing on the makeshift dance floor.
 

As for me and Seungho Oppa, we were sitting on the couch, the only people not dancing.

“How can you be so bad at dancing?” Seungho oppa said as he watched the crowd, looking at them.

“I just am not good at it” I said irritably.  Seungho oppa was just my type of guy, well built, handsome, manly, protective and authoritative.  But him expecting me to be perfect all the time was kind of tiring.
 

But I did understand him and I felt bad.  I was holding him back.
 

I took a sip of my drink and sighed.  As soon as Seungho hyung heard the slow music playing, he got up and asked for my hand.  “At least you can dance to this” he said.
 

I shook my head. Seriously, I get it that they are idols and have mastered dancing, but there are some people who just cant.  I sighed. 
 

Everyone were really enjoying on the dance floor.  Soon, Taemin walked onto the dance floor too, holding Eun-Soo by the hand.  They stood really close and started swaying to the music.
 

I got up and held Seungho’s hand.  “Oppa …” I was going to try and explain when he tossed me against him hard. 
“You just have to follow me” he said and forced me on the dance floor.

 

Soon, there were only three couples, Jonghyun and Anna, Taemin and Eun-Soo and me and Seungho Oppa.  All the others retired to drinks and avoiding us, saying couples were just too lovey dovey.
 

“You don’t even know how wrong you are” I wanted to tell them.  Seungho Oppa was holding me by the waist while my chin rested on his chest, facing right.
 

Directly in my line of vision was Taemin and Eun-Soo who were in a similar pose, actually they were a little bit too close.  Was Eun-Soo always this forward with guys? She seemed shy when I knew her.
 

 I sighed.  Actually, Seungho Oppa was holding me real tight so that I won’t break the embrace.
 

Taemin saw my expression and I could tell he knew I was not comfortable.  However, I gave him a weak smile.  I turned my head so as for him not to see it pained me to dance like this.
 

However, inadvertently, I stepped on Seungho Oppa’s feet and he stopped.  “Jesus Ji-Ara! Can’t you act like a girl for once! How can you be so clumsy and step on my toe?” he said quite loudly.
 

Loud enough to make the other couples stop too.  I refused to look at anyone, for fear of embarrassment at the tears in my eyes and rushed to the balcony. 

 

Taemin’s POV

I stopped as soon as I heard Seungho hyung’s voice.  Actually, I could not enjoy the dance at all.  I was not even aware that Eun-Soo had inched super close to me. 
 

My attention was on Ji-Ara and how miserable she looked.  I could not understand why Seungho hyung would force her to dance when she clearly did not want to.
 

And why would Seungho hyung hold her that close? He was never this forward with any girl before.
 

As soon as I saw Ji-Ara’s sad expression before she fled to the balcony, something inside me snapped.  It was like a million years of pain inflicted on me in those few seconds.
 

I walked to Seungho hyung and the urge to punch him in the face was so strong that I could not even stop myself.  However, Jonghyun hyung placed himself before me and Seungho hyung, while Anna stood beside me.
 

“You should go check if she is okay” she whispered in a worried tone and I realized, what was more important right now was Ji-Ara.

I rushed to the balcony too, not missing the stunned expressions on Key, Onew and Minho hyungs’ faces.


Onew’s POV

What was wrong with Taemin? Was he really going to punch Seungho hyung just now?  When did our innocent maknae become violent?

As soon as he left, I walked to seungho hyung.  Now how would I solve this situation?

There should not be any animosity between the members and we were friends, but somehow Seungho hyung was at fault.  Who shouts at a girl for not being able to dance?

“Congratulations Oppa” Anna said to him.  I frowned at her.

“Isn’t Ji-Ara your best friend or something?” I asked her, quite angry myself now.

Anna just smiled. 

Jonghyun replied for her though.  “It was just acting hyung” he said and by then all the members of SHINee and MBLAQ gathered around to listen.

“You see, Taemin really likes Ji-Ara” Jonghyun explained.  I nodded.  “We know that. They are best friends after all”

Jonghyun shook his head.  “Not liking as a friend.  But as something more”

“No way.  They both stated they did not like each other that way” I countered.

“Then why did Taemin not even realize I was inching closer to him?” Eun-Soo asked, with a smile.

“Or why does Ji-Ara always agree to go on a date or to just be with me only when Taemin and Eun-Soo are together?” Jonghyun asked.

I calmed and sighed. 

“So they have no clue that they like each other?” Mir asked cockily.  As though if it were him, he would have known in a jiffy.  Well, Mir was Mir!

“That’s why we had to do this act” Seungho said with a slow smile.  “I needed to behave badly with Ji-Ara for Taemin to realize he likes her.”

We all nodded.  Well good luck Taemin. We all whispered, looking at the balcony and deciding that this needed real celebration.