Taemin's Apology

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

Once at the dorm, i paused at the door, our housekeeper, Mrs. Kang was standing right there.

Joon was right beside her.  “I figured we might need her” he said and I nodded gratefully.
 

I placed her in the guestroom and left Mrs. Kang to change her. 

 

I walked into the kitchen and was making her a drink.

“Taking care of your ex?” Joon asked and I decided to ignore that.  “Hope Taemin will not mind” he said.
 

“She’s not my ex.  Just a friend.” I replied.  “And Taemin knows.  He’s coming over” I said as I took the drink to the guest room.
 

Mrs. Kang tried to make her sit up while I tried to make her drink.  “It’s good for the hangover, Ji Ara” I said and she finally reluctantly drank it all.
 

However, as soon as she drank all of it, she motioned that she was about to throw up.  In a flash, Joon brought the bucket he had prepared and handed it to be before hurriedly leaving the room.
 

I placed the bucket in front of her and she started to puke.  I held her hair but turned my face the other way.  After all no one like to see someone throw up. 


As I opened my eyes, I saw Taemin walking in, noticing that she was throwing up and in the blink of an eye, he was next to me, holding her hair and gently patting her back.  I slowly got up and walked out the room, closing the door before me.

 

I walked to the kitchen and started to smell lemon, to get rid of the puke smell.  Joon beat me before it.  He leaned against the sink and watched me.  “You hate being there when people throw up” he remarked. 
 

I nodded.  “And yet you were with her” he said.  I gazed at him. 
 

“Where is this going?” I asked him, knowing my voice will stall him.
 

“You still like her” he stated nonetheless.
 

“I do, but as a friend.  Even back then, I did not like her as a woman, but as a friend” I stated. 
 

“Guess we all like her as a friend.  She is so friendly” key walked in on us.  I nodded at him. Of course SHINee members would be here.  The forever strong knit family!
 

Soon enough, Onew and Minho followed and we all sat down for a drink.

 

 

Taemin’s POV

I wiped and she lied back down on bed.  I sat next to her and pulled her hair from her face.  She had her eyes closed.  I wonder if she knows it’s me.
 

She probably does not even want to see me right now.  I sighed, kissed her forehead and stood up to leave when she held my hand.
 

I glanced back and her eyes were still closed. 

“Don’t leave me” she said in a whisper.  I sat down next to her and touched her cheek. She smiled. 


She does know it is me right? It was the first time I ever saw her drunk, and I did not know how she would react.

“You need sleep” I said however, she held on to my arm tighter. “Taeminnie, don’t leave me” she said and I saw her gazing at me.
 

“Mianhe” I whispered and saw her smile.  “I should not have said that”


“I over reacted too” she said.  “I’ll try to be more free” she said and finally went back to sleep.  I smiled at her. 


I was the one who was wrong, asking her to quit, and yet she is ready to make compromises.  How did I ever get this lucky?

 

As soon as I walked out of the room, I saw the hyungs in the kitchen.  They were all engaged in conversation.  Nevertheless as soon as I entered the room, they all stopped and inquired about Ji Ara.
 

“She is fine” I said and sighed.  “Everything is fine”

Onew hyung was the first to stand up.  “We got to be going now.” He said to us and Seungho and Joon hyung nodded.
 

“Thank you for taking care of her for us” Onew hyung said and I felt warm at heart.  They had all accepted Ji Ara as one of our own.  Part of the SHINee family.
 

“I’ll go fetch her” I said and Seungho hyung looked at me. 


“It’s ok, we made up” I said and he nodded.  I walked into the guest room, picked her up and walked to the car.

 

“You smell good” she whispered and I smiled.  “Look forward to tomorrow” I whispered in her ear and put her in the car.  I sighed.  I leaned in to her ear and whispered “When you walked away, you took my whole world with you, I will make sure that never happens”

 

Ji Ara's POV

I woke up with the worst headache ever.  Anna was towering over me. “Are you ok?” She asked.  I nodded and sat up. 

“Good then, cause you need a good lecture!  What the hell were you thinking?” she exploded.  I cringed at the sudden outburst.
 

“I told you, the best way to make Ji Ara learn is to simply not talk to her” Taemin said from behind.  Anna turned and said “You are equally at fault!” she said and for a moment Taemin did look scared.
 

When he heard me chuckle though, he walked to the bedside and sat down.  “Hello beautiful”
 

“No one’s listening!” Anna said frustrated. 
 

“I am here to listen” Jonghyun Oppa said, suddenly appearing at the door. 
 

“You there little lady, got some explaining to do.” He said looking pissed.  “But those eyes make me forget everything” he said on second thought.
 

“How about you promise me something” he went on and I nodded.
 

“Whenever you need a drink, call me and we’ll booze together” he said with a wink.  Anna elbowed him and dragged him out of my bedroom.

 


 

Finally alone, it was quite awkward between me and Taemin again.  After all we HAD made love last night.
 

There was just so much between us, so much  needed to be said. 
 

“Taeminnie I am –“ I was about to say when he cut me off with a kiss. 


“Save it for later.  Right now, I have a surprise for you” he said.  He enquired if I felt better and I nodded.  I brushed and showered and in less than fifteen minutes, we were in the car.

 

“Seriously where are we going?” I asked.
 

“Why did you ran off and got drunk” he asked in a weird voice.
 

“You want to discuss this Now?” I asked, crossly.
 

“Either now, or at your mum’s” he said and that was when I noticed he was driving out of town.
 

“What the “
 

HE chuckled.  “No we aren’t going at your mum’s”
 

“Then where are we going” I asked, annoyed.  There was this goofy smile on his face again.

 

He drove in a big yard and as I got down, I saw a huge, run down house in front of me.” He looked at me and laughed at my expression.
 

“You are right, this will be our house.” He said and I stared at him.
 

“Your choice is… a bit different” I said.  I was sure as hell never going to live in a rundown place like this.
 

He chuckled “We will of course rebuild it” he said.  I looked at him wide eyed. 
 

“Taeminnie, if money is the problem, we can buy a good house together” I said.  He looked at me and snickered again.
 

He slowly walked behind me, covered my eyes and nudged me to walk forward.
 

Once at the back of the house, he slowly opened my eyes and they misted at the view in front of me.
 

It was almost magical.  The backyard was HUGE.  It had trees and bushes of flowers, which actually needed a little bit of t.  But there was a pong with kind of a small waterfall.  It was the biggest yard I ever saw. 


At the far back, there was a huge black cloth covering something.  As I approached it, my heartbeat grew faster, not because of fear, but because I thought I knew what was in there. 
 

I tugged on the string and I could not stop the tears from flowing as I saw the huge boat before me.
 

“You found it” I stated smiling, but tears still streaming down my face. 

 

That was my step dad’s boat, before he died, that was what he sailed on.  For years it had become an obsession to get it back.  And Taemin did.

 

I turned around and hugged Taemin close, for the first time in a decade, I cried.