Feelings

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

The next morning

“Do you think they are still in there?” I asked.  It was my idea to lock them in, so I felt responsible if they broke the door or something.

Jonghyun shook his head.  “I don’t think so.  Taemin won’t do such things.  My guess is Taemin probably just went to sleep, while Ji-Ara never left the pantry” he said as he punched in the code.

As soon as the door unlocked I pushed it open and barged in, ready to wake them up when I just stopped dead in my tracks at the sight in front of me.

Jonghyun followed and bumped into me.  I shushed him and pointed to the sofa.

Both of them were sitting on the couch, Taemin’s hand around Ji Ara’s right shoulder and her head on his right shoulder.  A huge blanket covered them both. They looked so serene and peaceful.

Jonghyun smirked.  “Taemin had a great night” he whispered to me and I elbowed him.

“Come on” I said and proceeded to wake them up.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Taemin’s POV

I felt light tapping on my shoulder and I my eyes flashed open.   I glanced around and saw Ji Ara sleeping on my shoulder and my arms around her.  

 

For a moment there I did not realize what was happening.  As soon as I saw Anna and Jonghyun hyung chuckling in front of me, the penny dropped.
 

I shook Ji Ara and she woke up, groggy eyed, and looking annoyed.  “Damn it, Lee Taemin, let me sleep” she said in a menacing voice and went back to sleep. I chuckled.  

 

For a moment there, I forgot about those two and my whole attention focused only on her.  I gently lifted her head and got up, placed her on the couch and covered her up. 

 

As soon as I turned, I saw the two grinning like 5 year olds and I sighed.  They dragged me forcefully in the kitchen.

 

“So what happened” Jonghyun hyung asked with a knowing look on his face.

I sat at the kitchen counter, yawning and still rubbing my eyes.  “Nothing” I said and they both shared looks.

“Nothing as in you did not let her sleep last night” Jonghyun hyung said and laughed.

I shook my head.  The reality was different. 

“Nah, she is usually angry at anyone who wakes her up in the mornings” Anna said and I nodded.  Typical Ji Ara!

 

“So? That does not mean nothing happened between them” Jonghyun hyung persisted.  I knew if I told them the truth, they would start annoying her into admitting she loves me.

 

I sighed.  “Nothing happened, Jonghyun hyung, I love her, but she does not feel the same.  Please don’t do anything to change her mind” I said and walked to my washroom, leaving behind me a stunned Jonghyun hyung and Anna.



Anna's POV

“I really think we should not push her anymore” I said as soon as Taemin left.

 

“Why not? Taemin loves her and he deserves to get what he wants” Jonghyun said quite forcefully.

 

“Oppa, we did all we could do.  Anything more would just be too much” I tried to make him understand.

 

He sighed and nodded.  “I guess the rest is for them to solve” and I nodded.

 

“I should probably wake up Ji Ara.  We have the screening at 10” I said and got up and walked towards the couch.

 

“Babe! We need to go get ready” I whispered, knowing she hated loud noises when she wakes up.

 

She looked around and realization of all that happened last night finally dawned on her and we got in Jonghyun’s car and he drove us to our hotel.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

At the screening

“And now, let us welcome our guest, the famous actress, Ji Ara” the MC invited me on stage and I walked over, and received a huge applause.

 

They had just showed the MV to the audience and it was well received.  I walked over to Minho, who was standing at the far right.

 

I bowed and greeted the audience.  It was quite different for me to face the Korean audience.  My memories of Korean people were the kids who bullied me at school. 

 

Since then, I had this fear that the Korean population would never accept me, but my fears were wrong and the MV became well appreciated.

_________________________________________________________________________

Celebrating

 “So you planned this all along? An MV to make the rumors about Taemin dating her and Eun Soo die down?” Onew asked Anna at the restaurant.  We were celebrating the success of the MV.

 

She nodded.  “Taemin’s WGM is bringing in good ratings.  The president could not let that down.  And now everyone will think Taemin was greeting his friend and MV guest.  No more scandal” She said and they all nodded.

 

“You sure know how to manage the situation” Jonghyun complemented her and they both blushed a bit. 

 

I sighed.  What was it with people suddenly liking each other?

 

I glanced over at Taemin who was talking to Onew, and felt sad.

 

Taemin’s POV

“Well, let things take its course” Onew hyung advised and I just nodded.  It was painful not to watch her.  I wished I never knew I had feelings for her.  At least then it would have been easy.

 

Unfortunately now I noticed her even more.  I noticed the way her eyes brightened when she smiled, I noticed how she would clench her fists when she would get nervous, or how she’d sneak looks at me when she thought I was not looking. 

 

I sighed.  Being in love sure was hard.  It was even harder when none of my hyungs had actually really loved to provide advice.  Onew hyung just helped me clear my mind from time to time.

 

During the day, with her in the same room as me, the day would seem brighter.  It was crazy, this stupid feeling.  I would feel more energized whenever we were together and when she was not here, I would feel like something is missing, out of place.

My hyungs would always take care of me so i never worried about anything, but i wanted to take care of her.

 

I sighed for the nth time and looked at all our members with Anna and Ji Ara talking and laughing.

 

Finally, our drinks came and Anna proposed a toast.

 

“Here’s to the new MV” she said and we toasted to that.  It was Champagne so we all could drink.  I glanced at Ji Ara, noticing how she would only sip from time to time.

 

“She cannot drink too much” Anna, who was sitting on my other side, whispered in my ears. 

 

She looked at me sympathetically.  I nodded.

 

“Oh and this is also a farewell party” key hyung said and I suddenly realized tomorrow would be Ji Ara’s last day here.

 

I glanced at her and saw her looking at me.  She smiled and I smiled back.  It was still a little bit awkward between us.  I relished her smile; soon, she would not be here.

 

Minho’s POV (That’s a first!!!!)

 

I looked at Taemin and my heart wept at how hard he was trying to be happy.  He might pretend, but we knew how hard it was for him.

 

Finally not being able to take it anymore, I suggested  “Then let’s spend the day together tomorrow” when I saw Taemin’s face brighten up, I winked at him and he nodded.

 

“We’ll make it memorable for both of you” I said and hoped that Taemin will have a chance to change Ji Ara’s mind.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Am not very proud of this chapter >.<
But i can promise you guys the next one will be better.
Somehow i don't quite like Taemin moping over a girl :(

I might change this chapter afterwards, but for now, let's think about how they will spend the next day? Ji Ara's last day? Will she finally admit she likes him?