Awards and an Emotional Jonghyun

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

A month later


“Hurry Ji Ara!!!!” Anna shouted from the living room.  I sighed and walked out hurriedly.  Today was the Mnet music awards and SHINee was nominated.
 

I wore a light blue dress with pearl earrings.  I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled.  As soon as I walked out, however, I almost gaped.
 

My manager, my girlfriend was standing there, in a light blue lace dress.  It was very simple really, but it looked amazing.  It hug her curves beautiful. 
 

“Stop staring” she said and I realized I was gaping after all.

“Oh my, Jonghyun is in for some surprise tonight” I said, knowing full well she made this effort because of him.  She blushed some more.

“You think he’ll like it?” she asked and I nodded fervently.

“He’ll totally go crazy over it.” I said and she smiled. 

“Come on, we are going to be late” she said, grabbed my hand and we walked to the car.

 

 

 

No one’s POV


The SHINee members were seated together, with two places free.  A worried Taemin called Ji Ara.

“Chubby! Where are you?” He asked worriedly as soon as she picked up.
 

“Right at the entrance.  We had to stop for gas” came the reply.  Taemin sighed and wrenched his attention back to the group discussion, which was, which female idol or actress looked good tonight.
 

“Victoria unnie!” Key said and Jonghyun smacked him jokingly.  “She’s like a mother to us!” he stated.
 

“So what? Just look at her dress!” he exclaimed, going into fashion diva mode again.
 

“What you think Taemin?” Jonghyun asked and at the expression on Taemin’s face, he added “Don’t even bother.  We all know you are going to say Ji Ara”
 

Taemin chuckled.  “Well, I have the best”
 

“There’s something as humbleness” Onew almost reprimanded.

“But why should I shy away, when I have the best?” he argued.  He was about to continue, when he noticed the weird look on Jonghyun’s face.
 

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Taemin asked Jonghyun, who looked quite frankly shocked.
 

Taemin turned to look at the direction Jonghyun was looking at and gaped.  Ji Ara was breathtaking.  And she wore the SHINee color. 

It was as though an angel was walking towards him.  All he wanted was just to walk along with her, hand on her waist, letting the whole world know that she belonged to him.  That she was his!
 

“Good Evening Yeobo” she said as soon as she walked to their table.  Taemin stood up, pulled the chair beside him for Ji Ara to sit and then seated himself. 
 

“You look amazing!” he whispered to her.  She blushed.  Taemin really did enjoy seeing her blush.
 

“Komawo…but tonight you should complement someone else” Ji Ara said and motioned to the girl standing behind him and talking to Jonghyun. 
 

His eyes widened.  “You’re right” he said and Ji Ara pinched him.  “You do not have to be so obvious about it” she said.
 

Taemin sighed.  Women! He was paying her a compliment, and when she suggested her friend should be on the receiving end of it, she got jealous when he did admit it.
 

“Oppa, you have to stop staring” Anna was saying to Jonghyun.  Jonghyun helped her sit then seated herself.
 

“Why does it feel like the table is actually divided?” Key suddenly said.  “It’s you two couples, and us three guys” he stated and I laughed.

 

Soon, however, the ceremony started and the girls cheered for SHINee.  They actually won the best video song award and the nest song award. 
 

On the acceptance speeched, along with his mum, Taemin also mention Ji Ara and she felt her stomach flutter at the thought of that.

As soon as they reached the dorm, they were greeted with a surprise party with all their family and friends.

 

“Congratulations” their manager said, apparently already drunk.  They all partied hard.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I watched her sit with Ji Ara and sip her champagne.  She was breathtaking.  I could not bring myself to stop looking at her.
 

“You will jinx her if you keep staring” I heard Key’s voice and glanced at him.  “She’s so beautiful” I said truthfully.
 

“Hmmm a girl who dresses so as not be noticed, and suddenly she turns into this gorgeous swan….why do you think that is?” key asked in his dating coach voice again.
 

However, it was worth thinking about.  The beauty about Anna was her wit and intelligence.  I knew she had a good body, but she never showed it off like that.  I liked it, any guy in their right mind would, but I still felt a bit uneasy.

 

I walked towards them and sat down.  “How are my girls doing?” I asked and they giggled.
 

“How’s my crybaby doing?” Anna teased.  I smiled.  She had been shy when i complimented her, but I was glad that her usual self was still here.
 

“Hey, only a real man can afford to cry in front of others” I said and they giggle again.
 

“I think enough drinks for you guys” I said, concerned that they might have consumed too much alcohol.

“Not yet.  Today we are celebrating our successful boyfriends” Ji Ara said and Anna nodded.
 

“Well, here comes YOUR boyfriend” he said and motioned to Taemin venturing towards them.

“So I shall take Anna off your hands” I said to Ji Ara, grabbed Anna’s hand and we walked to the balcony.

 

 


Anna’s POV

Once alone with Oppa, I suddenly felt a chill.  Something was wrong, something was on his mind, I could tell.
 

I stood there, looking at the sky and so did he.  Finally, he spoke. “Why the sudden transformation?” he asked in a weird voice.

I frowned then shrugged.  “Just like that” I said.
 

He turned me however, and made me face him.  In the faded light, he was like a dark prince. 

“Tell me, why dressing up?”
 

“I thought you might like it” I replied, half in shock at the force.
 

“I did.  But I don’t want you to change” he said and I looked at him confused.  It’s not like there was some big change.  Just a change of clothing style.
 

“Do you think I am cheap that I would like you better dressed like this? Do you think I am ashamed of you?” he asked, with an edge to his voice.
 

I however, was on edge.  He was voicing out my own thoughts.
 

I really did think that he might be embarrassed because of me, or probably liked me better with my curves accentuated.

He released me and faced the railing.  “That’s what you think, isn’t it?” he asked in a hurt voice.
 

“Annieyo!” I said quickly.
 

I walked behind him and back hugged him.  “Mianhe Oppa, I just wanted to make you happy” I said.
 

“I am happy with you.  Without you trying to change yourself.” He said, still not turning.
 

However, I broke the hug.  “Then you will never notice me!” I cried, finally letting it all come out.
 

“You notice how y Ji Ara is, and not me.  You noticed y girls walking on the streets, and not me.  Am I only good to play with? A single affair and it over?” I asked in fury.
 

He held me by my shoulders and shook me.  I cursed the tears that were falling.
 

“You think this is a fling? You think my love is just a mere fling?” he asked angrily.
 

“You….you l l love me?” I asked tentatively.
 

“Of course I do!” he said with such conviction that I stared up at him, unable to sink it in that Kim Jonghyun of SHINee loved me!

“I love you the way you are, not trying to become someone else.  I know I like to look at women who are y, but I am very traditional when it comes to my woman.  I want my woman safe and concealed from people’s eyes. 

I want her beauty to be only for me.” He said and I could not nothing but walk up to him and kiss him. 

Kiss him for all he just said, kiss him for being honest, kiss him for finally confessing, and kiss him cause I plainly and simply love him too.