Ji Ara's Confession

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara
In the Car somewhere
 
Taemin’s POV
 
“So where are we going?” I asked.  She was sitting on the other end of the car and me on the opposite end. I did not like the distance between us.
 
 
She smiled.  “You’ll see” she said, looking so unlike her, and yet so like her.  I shook my head.  I was not making sense at all.  She completely messed up my head.
 
 
“How come we did not go on a date before?” I asked, to end the palpable tension in the car.
 
 
“You were always chasing after other girls, that’s why” she said with an edge in her voice.
 
 
“I could hardly go out with a fatty” I said, as a joke.  She never cared much about her weight, which was why I took liberties to .
 
 
“Which is why I asked you out now, when there’s no more fat” she said in an awkward tone.  This kept me quiet.  Did I love this new side of her, or her normal self, the tomboyish one?
 
 
I had adored her back in the days. Her weight was never an issue.  She was the most sincere and hard working person I knew.  And now, she was still the same person with the added advantage of being amazingly beautiful.
 
_________________________________________________________________________
 
Ji Ara’s POV
 
He was quiet.  Did I cross the limit? I was a little vexed that he had dated other girls. I knew I had no right to be. He was not exclusive to me. But something deep inside hurt that he had dated others before.  Damn it Ji Ara! Stop being such a ninny! I chided myself.
 
 
“I still prefer the comfortable you” I heard him whisper.

 
“Comfortable me?”

 
“The you back at home, with sweats on, an oversized tee, just sitting in the couch and reading or something.” He said completely taking me by surprise.
 
 
Lost for words, I was fumbling my hands which I bet he noticed.  Thankfully, the car screeched to a halt and we got out.

 
I breathed in the fresh air and smiled at the scene before me.  The sea was perfectly calm and the soothing sound of the water could be heard.  I looked at Taemin. I knew how much he loved the sea.

 
“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” I said as I walked next to him and held his hand.  He smiled that gorgeous smile again and my heart melted.  He held my hand tighter and nodded.
 
 
“A walk by the beach is the perfect date” he said and we walked.  Around 15 minutes later, we arrived at the spot I had had prepared. I smiled at it. 
 
 
There was a white sheet on the sand, with rose petals scattered all over.  There were huge fluffy red pillows, a champagne bucket and glasses next to it.  The whole thing was encircled with candles.
 
 
Taemin stood frozen to the spot.  I smiled at that.  A few feet in front of the sheet was a huge white sheet which was to be used as a screen and right behind it, was the parked car with projectors in the booth.  
 
 
“The movie starts in 5” I told him and walked him to the spot.  We sat down and he looked at me.

 
“This is amazing” he said.  Sitting there, in the moonlight, he looked unlike someone from this world.  How could anyone be so damn perfect?  It was as though an angel was looking at me.
 
 
I smiled at him.  I turned his cheek in front of him and we started watching the movie.  He pulled the white quilt over us and the movie started.
 
 
“OMG!” he exclaimed as soon as he saw what was playing.    I laughed.  It was our favorite cartoon when we were kids.  
 
“There’s more” I said.  He waited.  I reached for the champagne basket beside me and took out a huge container, pulled out the pipe and gave it to him.  
 
He had a sip and brightened. “Banana milk!” he smiled at me.  I smiled back.  
 
I took out my chocolate flavored drink and we watched the cartoon with sweet popcorn.
___________________________________________________________________
 
Taemin’s POV
 
This was the perfect date!  I thought she would be taking me to a restaurant; she was not the romantic type to prepare something like this.
 
 
It came more as a surprise when I saw the candles and the sheets.  I sighed.  I had the perfect girlfriend!
 
 
The movie was ending but I still did not want the date to end.  This was by far the most amazing date I ever had.
We sat there, in the glow of the candles and the moonlight. The movie ended and I feared she would say we should leave.
 
 
Her hand was next to mine and I took it.  She smiled.  “That was perfect” I said.  I was flabbergasted.  What else could I say?
 
 
“You are my best friend” she said suddenly, “you know that right?”
 
 
I nodded, anticipating where this conversation was going.

 
“And you know how bad I am at these things” she said.  I laughed.

 
“But you should know that...” she said and then stopped.  
 
 
“know what?” I whispered to her, already smiling at what she was going to say.

 
“You are the most frustrating guy I ever know” she blurted out.  I drew back.  

 
“Yes you are!” she said when I did not say anything.  “You can be arrogant and I never thought I would say this, but you can be a bully too.  You have weird tastes like banana milk.  Your body is made of I don’t know what to be able to dance the way you do and you are so damn beautiful that it makes several girl feel self conscious.” She uttered in a hurry.
 
 
I sighed.  I knew it was too good to be true.  She was still a tomboy, an unromantic tomboy.  Somehow I still had a doubt deep inside if she really love me.
 
 
“But you are also the only guy who makes my heartbeat race.  And when you smile, I get a fluttery feeling in my tummy.  When I see you sad, I want to hug you and make it all better, when you are tired from workout, I want to prepare your bath, to do anything that might make stuff easy for you.  You sweat like hell, and yet I find that y about you.” 
 
 
I was actually stunned.  I did not know what to think.  So I just kept smiling.  Ji Ara pouring her heart out like this was a sight to see.
 
 
“You made me into this totally lovey dovey girl, which I hate but love at the same time.  You are on my mind 24/7.” She stopped her train ride talk and looked down, cheeks flaming red.
 
 
“So…what I am trying to say…” she was trailing off.  
 
 
“is?” I asked, encouraging her to go on.
 
 
“Is that I love you Lee Taemin.  I love you so much it hurts not to say it anymore” she said and I stared at her.
__________________________________________________________________
 

Ji Ara’s POV
 
 
I could not look at him.  I had just made a fool of myself! He must think am stupid.  I felt his hand on my chin, lifting it up to look at him.  Damn it, this man is gorgeous! 
 
 
He smiled and hugged me.  It was not the first time we hugged, but it sure felt like it.  I was aware of many things I was not aware of before.  Like his hard chest, his strong arms which kept me close to him and his heart, his erratic heartbeat.  I sighed and hugged him back.
 
 
“I love you too Ji Ara” he whispered and we drew back.  His face was still close to me.  So close.  This was the moment! The moment when I would know what the hell was kissing all about.
 
 
I could feel his warm breath on me.  My heartbeat beat so hard I could hear it and his breath was so warm and sweet.  The prelude to kiss sure was nice.  That was when I noticed it….the Bad banana milk breath!
 
____________________________________________________________
 
Taemin's POV
 
 
“Taeminnie, you reek of Banana milk!” she blurted out.  I froze.  All these feelings and I could not even kiss her.  Damn it.
 
 
I opened my eyes, grabbed her shoulders.  She made a face and looked at me with those beautiful eyes, which was sultry in one moment and now pure innocence shone in them.
 
I took in a deep breath. “You have got to be the most frustrating person in this whole world” I said and let her go.  
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Sorry for late update :(    Had a lot of assignments to work on.  
 
 
So let me know how you liked this chapter :)