The shirt

One month to live

Yuki Sakou:

*beep beep beep*

My eyes slowly open up and I swing my arm up hitting the alarm clock. Stupid alarm... I didn't even turn it on.

The irritating noise doesn't stops and I sit up on my bed. My mattress slowly creaks as I attempt to lean my self against the side wall next to my bed. I yawn and wipe the drool off my mouth with my fingers. My arms slowly stretch out and I feel the sensation travelling up my arm. I look to the side of my bed to see my white singlet leaving my in my boxes. I look around constantly searching until I hear the source of the noise. A light beams forth under my blue hirt that lays on the edge of my bed. I pick it up and throw it towards the ground not aiming at anything in particular. I see the the screen of the small device lighting up and notice that it's my phone. I search the screen and squint my eyes as they justify themselves to the amount of light. One message

Message:

Hey Yuki, hoping to see you today? Meet me at the beach.  - Nami.

I ignore the message and grab a clean white V neck shirt. I look from my long  baggy jeans to the skinnys and decide to grab the blue baggy jeans. I take my chucks from the ruffled mess on the ground and take some socks that are found around my room underneath all the dirty clothes. I shove them on without caution and stand up from the ground. I quickly slide my finger into the back of my shoes allowing them to fit perfectly but I sway forwards making my hand reflex up to support me.

I walk out the house making sure to lock the door. I continue to walk and notice the crowd of people walking past me. They all laugh and talk to each other as if theres no tomorow. The way they enjoy each others time not even noticing anything else; it makes life seem perfect in their world. I continue to walk and see the sun gleaming in my eyes. The white on my shirt gleams sharply and I notice that this is a new shirt... from ages ago.

I have never worn this shirt. Never. I've had it for three years. It's a gift. A gift from Hee Young. We were eating together when she leaned over and dropped chocolate icecream onto my shirt. Obviously it stained and she felt so bad that she dragged me out to pick a shirt and I came straight away when she called me out. I didn't pick the shirt of course, she grabbed my hand and made me point at a random shirt. It was weird when she saw the shirt. A plain white V neck shirt. When I tried it on she smiled politely and I couldn't help but laugh. She was cute. I just think about how I would always come out whenever she asked. I never turned her down... not once.

I scan the beach and only see a few couples which is surprises me. I continue to look until I see her. She stands tall and looks out to the water. The smile stretched on her face makes her cute. She leans forward and her dress sways around in the wind. I notice that her hair is curled a bit and that she looks pretty in the wind. A natural pretty. I run up behind her and take a step forward so that I'm next to her. I avoid eye contact as if I'm a stranger.

"Ahh, you're so weird... smiling by yourself like this" I say and I catch her attention. She moves closer to me and grabs my arm hugging onto me tightly. "Aww, you miss me so you came out here straight away?"

I pull her off my arm by her remark and glare at her. "Are you insane? I come out here all the time... god. I wouldn't have came out if I'd known you were here..." I say and I stretch out my arms and smile out at her. She flung forward and hugged me tightly. I accidentely sway forward with her hugging onto my back. The water's edge hit my chucks but luckly it misses the fabric. "Aha, sure... anyway, I hoping we could hang today... with no waitresses or teachers of course" she says lightly into my ears and I feel my face glowing red. "W-wait... are you nervous?"

"N-no... pfft as if!" I say and I sit her down onto the sand. I turn my head to the side and avoid her from seeing my cheeks apple red. "I-I'm just hot is all.... god!"

"Yuki... you're red" she says and giggles loudly. I hear her stand up and walk to my side trying to catch a better view of my face.

"Go away... I'm not red!" I say trying to sound convincing but her hands grasps my arm tightly trying desperately to spin me around. "Piss off!"

"Yuki... are you that shy?" she says whilst leaning up to me. I feel soft lips onto my cheek the insane heat onto my skin burns creating an aura around my face. "N-NO! I'M NOT SHY!"

"Sure you aren't! Are you sure you haven't dated before?" She walks up to me and sees my burning cheeks. "Someone's red..."

Nami:

"Sure you aren't! Are you sure you haven't dated before?" She walks up to me and sees my burning cheeks. "Someone's red..."

"S-SHUT UP! I-I have dated before!" he says and I smile lightly.

"Really Yuki? Then why so red for?" I say and I feel arms reaching out and pulling my back. I land in Yuki's arm and he presses his lips against mine. I feel the intense burning on my cheeks. The hot aura slowly pulls off when he starts to move his lips slowly. He breaks the kiss and I blush. "I'm sure I've dated before" he says and his arms grab onto mine. The warm feeling of him close to me makes me red. I smile brightly and he opens his mouth slowly. "See this is why you're a stalker"

"I'm not a stalker! I was here first so you're the stalker!" I reply happily and he nods.

"Oh sure... so I guess that means I can go" he says and he walks off with no hesitation. "Later Nami"

"WAIT! No you're not a stalker! I was joking..." I argue and I run up to him, walking beside him. I grab his arm and lean my head against his side. "Wah, what the hell... get off my arm." he says and I pull off him and just walk off in front of him. "Okay bye then Nami. I'll go the long way!"

"WAIT YUKI! Yuki come back!" I say and I feel the irritation and anger filling up in my chest. I run up and pull him back. He falls back against the ground with a loud thud. "WHAT THE ?!" he says and he gets up slowly, wiping the sand off his shirt.

"Yuki! I'm so sorry..."

"WHAT THE HELL!" he says enraged. "Why the hell did you do that? IT WAS A JOKE!"

"W-well... if you hadn't done that then... then I wouldn't have had to push you!" I argue but I know it's a weak point.

"Argh, you're so annoying..." he says and we stay quiet for a while. He gets up to his feet and looks at me and I feel as if I have to lighten his mood. "A-annoying how Yuki?" I say cheerily.

"Like a man. God, are you sure you're not a man... I mean you push like one..." he says whilst letting out a chuckle.

"I'M NOT A MAN!"

"Yah... no need to yell, it was a 'JOKE'!" he says and I see what he had done. "Hmm, I feel as if you owe me for that push..."

"Why would I owe you!?" I cross my arms and I feel him coming towards me,

"Ahh, I mean look at my arm.. it really hurts. Ah, ow... Nami, it hurts!" he winges and I walk up to him poking at his arm.

"It's fine! Theres nothing hurt!"

"Ah, Nami... so you're just going to leave me to die?! NAMI!" he winges more and I can't ignore it.

"Fine. What do you want me to do?" I question and I see the happy smile he's hiding inside. He points to his cheek with his finger and I lean in and give him a light kiss on the cheek. "Not enough!" he winges and I give him a light peck once more. "Nami! It's hurting... again!" he whines and I roll my eyes back. "Don't give me attitude! I'm dying here..." I lean in to kiss his cheek and I feel the sand under my feet shift. The soft feeling of the beach around me; the wind blows throught us and I smile at him. I continue to lean in and he turns his head to the side at the last minute. I end up kissing him right on the lips and I fling back with my fingers on my lips. "AHH, YUKI!"

"Don't hit me!" he screams and draws the attention of the other couples on the beach to us. "I-I was dying!"

"Dying my ..." I mutter loud enough for him to hear.

 "I'm better now..." he says softly and he leans over to me and points to his cheek once more. "Once more just in case...?"

"One more my !" I yell and point my finger at his cheek touching his skin. I push hard and he winces. I smile lightly and he just chukles.

"Let's walk along the beach together"

"Not with you.." he says and leans in closely to my ear. "It's embarrassing."

"N-no it's not! I'm not embarrassing, you wanted me to kiss you before!" I say and I grab his hand and drag him along with me. "Let's go"

"FINE. But only if..." he walks forward and turns lightly. "if I walk first."

"I don't get it..."

"God, you're so stupid. I mean I walk in front!" he says and he walks off in front of me.

"W-wait! Why don't we walk together?" I say and I mimick his actions behind him. "YUKI!"

"Because..." he spins around and his lips almost meet mine. "You are embarrassing."

~ A while later ~

We continue to walk and he walks in front of me. I see the watch of some other couples as I walk behind him with my eyes glued to his back. I run up and take a leap. Before he turns around I land on him and I feel the cold shiver of the water hitting me...

"GET OFF ME!!" I hear a yell and see Yuki's shirt drenched with water. The sand smeared all over and he stares at me with insane eyes. "What the is wrong with you?!"

"I-it's just a bit of sand... it'll wash off. A-and I can buy you a new one!"

"No you can't. THIS IS MY FAVOURITE SHIRT!" he argues and I see him picking himself up from the water.

"But it's just a plane white shirt so i can buy a new one!" I say and I struggle to get up. He ignores me and continues to walk up from the beach. "Yuki!"

"THIS SHIRT CAN'T BE REPLACED! OKAY?!" he shouts and at this point I am utterly confused.

"W-what do you mean...?"

"It just can't be replaced Nami! OKAY?!" he screams my name outloud and I feel the glares of everyone around us. I keep my eyes wide open and lean back a bit. "Yuki... it's just a shirt"

He focuses his attention onto the ground, lost in his own thoughts. I silently yelp as his eyes dart up in my direction causing my heartbeat to hasten. "This is not just a shirt. It's the ing shirt from the girl I loved! So you still think this is just some shirt?! Well it's not! It's from a ing girl.... and you... are nothing like her" He sprints off leaving the eyes of other couples on me. I lay with the sand covering my ankles. The soft mushy sand crawls between my fingers as I grab at it.

What the hell just happened?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for reading ~! i shall update more tomoro if i'm not too lazy :)

oh and this chapter isn't to it's full potential.. sorry, I'm very lazy  XD