Friends

One month to live

Nami:

The girl I love... The words flow through my head over and over as I sit back against the chair. I open my eyes and look at my kitchen bench. The flour powered everywhere I look and the broken egg shells scattered randomly around the floor and the bench. I walk out of the kitchen slowly hoping not to be seen by my mother so she can't scold me. I jump over the coffee table in the living room and grab my small going out bag. I avoid making any noise knowing that my mother has the senses of a fox. I open the door slowly to avoid loud creaks, unfortunately the hinge on this door is quite old. A loud creak sweeps throughtout the house and I sprint out leaving the front door to slam shut itself.

Once outside I sprint out down the street passing all of the beach houses that are near mine. I avoid seeing the neighbours because once one of them has seen me, they invite me inside to help out with their problems... I continue to run and start to slow down into a jog til eventually I start to walk. Catching my breath I put my bag on my back and it fits perfectly. The size is admittably small but for some reason when you placed everything inside, it makes the bag seem ten times larger.

I continue to walk out of the suburban area and near the beach. A place where I rarely visit... until I met Yuki of course. The soft calm waves crash down slowly making a nice swooshing noise to the background making the scene almost picturesque. The small boys and girls chasing each other as parents smile cheerily. It makes me happy to know that some people are haivng a fun time. It almost seems to perfect sometimes.

I continue to make my way walking aimlessly and sit down at a nearby bench. Most people are on the beach enjoying one anothers company. I can't help but notice that I'm the only person that is alone. It's been six days since I last saw Yuki. Ever since he told me he 'loves' some girl that gave him a plan V neck shirt. She must be pretty shabby to have gotten him that... I could have gotten something better... but I guess that doesn't matter to Yuki. He must have really loved her... or he must really love her.

"Nami, why is it that when I see you... you're alone?" says a petite voice and I instantly know who is it. Thunder.

"Thunder... I suppose you do always see me when I'm alone..." I say and his facial expression drops a little when he notices my sad tone. "Sit down Thunder... that's if you want to of course" I say cheerily and his face lights up and it seems as if everything around us does too. The happy chatter and sounds of the beach start to come to life as we sit together and I notice how nice it is to sit with a guy that I don't like or hate. He places his arm around the chair that I sit on and smiles at me. "So, what are you doing all alone on a Saturday afternoon missy?"

"I don't know... just thinking I suppose," I say truthfully and he smiles as I blush.

"No need to be shy... I think all the time," he chuckles and he always seems to lighten the mood. "Here, how about this. No more thinking for today yeah?"

I look up at him and see that he's serious about this question but I'm bedazzled by it. "I don't get it... no more thinking?"

"Yup, let's just go where the day takes us! It'll be... hmm an adventure. Thunder and Nami's first trip around the area on a lazy Saturday afternoon!" he says cheerily and he gets up from the bench offering his hand to me. "My lady... let's go! No more thinking."

"O-okay... okay! L-let's go Thunder," I say uncertain about the situation but I have a feeling I can trust him.

"Alright... no more thinking so, we can do what ever we want! Let's just walk and see where we end up, okay!" he says with a weird tone. He takes my hand and we skip happily around the beach and pavement. The sound of our shoes against the concrete and the sound of the beach makes everything perfect. We continue to walk and joke to each other when we see an icecream stand. "Oh Nami! Can we get icecream?!" he pleads and I smile at him.

"Of course... we don't need to think remember!" I say and I drag his hand with me along to the man taking two scoops of icecream for a young boy. The boy walks off happily and I see the excitement in Thunder's eyes as he looks at the flavours. "Such a kid..." I mutter and he's too busy deciding flavours to hear. "I'll have... oh, chocolate! What about you Nami?!" he says and he drags me up to the glass to pick a flavour. "I'll just have a strawberry..." I mumble and Thunder cuffs my chin.

"Don't worry... no thinking, just living today out like there's no tomorow?" he reassures me with a question and I nod lightly. he smiles and talks to the man. I stare at him and notice how nice and cheery he is... like a friend. "Here's your icecream... strawberry yeah?" he ask and i nod taking the icecream by the cone from his hand.

We walk away from the icecream stand hand in hand once again. Thunder smiles cheerfully non stop and I can't help but laugh at him. "Why are you laughing for?"

"No reason Thunder!" I say and I prance off letting go of his hand. I run up to the bar that runs along the beach. I turn around to see him finishing off he's icecream. Some of the icecream smears his nose and his eyes cross over as he looks at it. "Damn... hey Nami!" he says and he runs up to me grabbing me by the arm. "You enjoying the day so far because this is only the beginning... of the Thunder and Nami adventure yah?"

I laugh as he spins my around dropping my icecream but I ignore it. I wipe the icecream from his nose and he laughs at me. "You, know... I haven't this much fun in ages, I just wanted to thank you Nami. For hanging with me today," he says and I burst out laughing. "What is it?"

I let his grasps of me go and laugh a little. "This day isn't over... not yet," I say and he smiles and winks at me.

"Of course... let's go! This day is purely about having fun!" he says and he prances off ahead.

"Wait... Thunder, can I ask you something first?"

"Yeah sure, ask away!" he says and spins around with his lips pouted.

"C-can we be friends?" I ask politely and I feel my face blushing apple red. He starts to laugh lightly and he runs up to me placing his arms around my back. He hugs me tightly and lets go sinking down to face me. "Nami... we are friends."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's not the finished day sorry XD i shall update tomoro if i'm not too lazy or busy. i cut this chapter short :L

thank you for reading!!