No more corny stuff

One month to live

Thunder:

I walk along the beach with the sand between my toes and hand in hand with Nami. Every second I spend with her is a second I won't regret because this is one of the best times I've had in Japan with friends. We continue to walk along the beach and I turn my head to face Nami. Her eyes stare out to the horizon of the sea but it looks as if she's not looking at anything in particular. I sense the worry in her eyes she lets go of my hand. Her pace fastens and she walks in front of me. I sense that something's troubling her so I mimick her actions from behind til I reach her shoulder. My feet take less steps than hers because I have longer legs. I reach her in no time as she huffs, trying to walk faster. I lean my chin onto her shoulder and she turns, surprised.

"Nami, what's wrong?" I blurt out and her eyes wonder a bit until they reach an answer. "You can tell me anything."

"N-nothing's wrong, why'd you think anythings wrong...?" she says shakily and she moves back making me slip off her shoulder. Her hands swing behind her back and link together. She pokes her head forward as if she's inspecting me but I scoff at her. "Nothings wrong Nami? Please, we've been friends for how long?"

"Um, only three hours...." she says with a weird face and I let out a small chuckle.

"Eh, of course... it feels like an eternity though; as if we were long lost friend right?" I say to reasure her but all I see is a fake smile that lingers on her face. She nods at me as I wait for a reply and I let out a loud sigh. "Nami, cheer up... no thinking remember?" She laughs as I remind her of our 'adventure.' Whilst the smile still lingers on her face I see how distressed she is on the outside. Her feet sinking into the sand and her fingers grabbing at her pockets as they fidget. Her eyes once more look out to the water til they eventually lead back to the shore. The harsh waves that are unpredictable, even by the newscast...

"No thinking... it was fun, but I can't 'not think' you know? There's just a lot on my mind Thunder..." she says and I hear the cracking in her small voice as she faces towards the ground now, kicking at the sand."Oh Nami... you can tell me anything and I promise that I won't... no,I shan't tell a single soul," I say and I look up at an angle as if I'm a god. I turn my head back swiftly and give her a charming grin. "I promise."

"Thunder.. that's really nice of you but, it's more complicated than you think... I mean a lot of stuff has happened in these three weeks... since I met Yuki," The small smile on her face fades into a sadness.

"Come on... I'm your friend Nami!" I winge like a kid and she laughs polietely at me.

"Thunder, you're acting like a kid!" she changes the subject but I don't say anything giving into her,

"Don't worry you don't have to tell me... I'll be a good friend as long as I'm here for you right?" I raise my hand and do a fighint sign. "Always yah?"

A few steps a heard from her direction and I turn. Leaning onto my shoulder I hear her sigh. "Thunder... why can't life be simple?"

I scoff at the remark and her chin lifts from my shoulder. I take a few steps forward as if I'm on a stage about to say a charming speech. "Nami, if life were simple then it wouldn't be fun. Trust me... I have a pretty hectic life but I love it that way, I mean my girlfriend's back in Korea and here I am... it's hard but at least I have something to look forward to you know?" I explain and I turn her around taking her by the shoulders. She looks hard into my eyes and her lips pout. "Ehm, but... my life's really complicated right now... what am I suppose to look forward for?"

"I don't know... I suppose that's for you to find out. Look, if you want... I can listen to your problem, that's what friends are for right?" I say with a reasurring pat. We sit on the sand together and her head leans onto me and I feel the warm glow of the sun setting in the horizen. The sky turns pink and I can feel the adventure making a turn into something true friends will always experience. "I'll tell you... but you have to promise to keep it a secret." she blurts out and I turn to look at her. Her head slightly hovers over my knee that she was leaning on as she awaits my answer. "Anything for you friend."

"Ah, Thunder..." she mumbles cutely and her head ducks down as she shifts over leaving a small space between us. She looks out to the horizon again and eyes the water as the sun shimmers onto it. "I met a guy... three weeks ago and well he's been through a lot... and I mean a lot," she emphsises on the 'a lot' and chuckles lightly trying to avoid telling me what he's been through. "Nami, you don't have to do this."

"No, I want to... I mean it's about time I told someone. Anway... this guy has been through a lot, and he never told me anything. He always closed up when I asked him or ignored the question somehow... eventually I got it out of him through his angry outburst," she says laughing polietely but I can tell she's faking it. She looks at me and continues to talk. "We are... well were seeing each other until some stuff happened and apparently he... he's in love with another girl..." she says softly as if it doesn't phase her and I can tell the stress she's been through. I hook my arm around her pulling her closer to me. Her head lays under my chin and I hug her, reassuring her. "Nami... do you like this guy?"

"W-well yes... I mean I don't know. It's just, I've only been seeing him for three... well two weeks. I haven't seen him in five days ever since he told me about... well the thing with the girl." The soft crack in her voice immediately lets me know that her eyes are probably teary. I look down and see her head pointed towards the ground. "Nami... if you really like this guy, or love him either one, you'd fight for him... do you think he's worth fighting for?"

"I-I don't know... bu-but what if I can't do it... what if I can't tell him?" she asks me in a begging motion, her head tilted up to face me while the tears slowly trickle down her temple. "Look, I know you love him... I can just tell these things. Now listen, cause I'm only gonna say this once, if you want to tell him and know you can, but your mind keeps putting up road blocks... know that you can bash right through them yeah?" I say sternly and she's lost in her own thoughts by now. I stand up and offer her my hand. Her right hand fits into mine and I lift her from the sand. "My lady... now no more of this corny crap yah?" She chuckles by my remark as we walk off together.

"Let's go home..." Nami mumbles as she grabs my hand.

"Mmh, I'll walk you... afterall the streets are a dangerous place for a young and cute girl like yourself," I stop and pinch her cheeks solftly. She whines cutely and runs off infront of me. She spins around once more and looks at me. "Thank you Thunder... and I promise... no more corny stuff."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for reading, I hope ou enjoyed the chapter.. sorry for the corny stuff  ><"

but Thank you very much ! :)