Crush

One month to live

Yuki:

“AHHHHHHHHHH… get off.”

I stand up and glare at her. Her eyes widened and she swiftly placed her hand on her lips, her fingers trembling and her eyes tearing up. I bite my lower lips and them without realising that Nami was watching me... she scrambles back and presses her back against the wall.

“What the hell… god, this is why I don’t invite people like you over…”

“W-what…?” she manages to say this and she looks lost and confused about the situation that occurred just a few seconds ago…

~ A few seconds ago ~

I chuckle at the sight of her blushing and she attempts to get up but she looks unbalanced. I start to lay down but then I hear then Nami screaming. I look up whilst laying half way on the ground.

When I look up I see her falling forward towards me and my hands instinctively try and catch her but it she slips out of my hands… I feel something on my lips… or someone.

I open my eyes to see her face and I noticed that our lips have made contact. I push her lips off mine and attempt to say something but nothing comes out of my lips. My senses finally return to me and I scream at her, “AHHHHHHHHHH… get off.”

~ Normal time ~

I grab her bag and chuck it at her. “Go home. Now,” I order her but her eyes are still welling up with tears. She looks at me with her fingers still locked on her lips. Her posture is slumped and her other hand scrunches up the blanket that lay sprawled on the floor. All she manages to say is, “that was my first kiss…”

Her first kiss..? She’s never dated anyone before, but she’s seventeen…

“T-that was your f-first kiss…? B-but you’re freaking seventeen! Have you even dated anyone?!” I yell and the expression on her face softens. Her cheeks glow with red and the tears in her eyes well up even more.

I bite my bottom lip and walk up to her. She stares at me with teary eyes and mouths something. I ignore her and grab her arm and bag pushing her out of my house. After pushing her out I lock the door and lean against it waiting for her to leave. I slide down to the ground and wait for her to leave… to hear small footsteps take off but instead I hear nothing.

Nami:

How could he just push me out like that? Is he really heartless to tease me and leave me alone like this? I want to yell and scream at him for doing this to me.

I like him...” The words flow through my head and I can’t help but replay what happened over and over in my head. The feeling pumps through my chest harder and harder and I can’t help it. I feel humiliated, I wasted my first kiss on a stupid jerk like him… and you only get one first kiss. It doesn’t matter if I like him or not… he took my first kiss and HUMILIATED me.

I lean against the front door and touch my lips. Examining everywhere his lips met mine… the feeling and warmth that I had felt for a split second.

All of a sudden I feel the door behind me giving way and I fall back onto the carpet in Yuki’s house. I look up to see Yuki’s eyes meeting me. I immediately sit up and straighten up my back. He sits next to me and says nothing. He avoids all eye contact with me and I know he wants to say something.

“Sorry…” are the only words that come out from his lips.

I feel my chest feeling lighter and I look at him surprised. I’m in high spirits now that he has apologized but I feel as if he owes me more than just “sorry”.

“I’m sorry, what was that? I didn’t quiet hear what you said…” I say teasing him. He looks at me with piercing eyes and I give me a smile to anger him further.

 He stands up and locks the door to his house. He stares at me for a minute but leaves me sitting here alone. “I’m going to school… coming with me or not?”

I blink continuously and stare at him surprised by the invitation. He continues to stand there and avoid eye contact with me. Is this his way of apologizing?

Min Hyoung Jin:

This is earlier than usual for me… walking to school at eight in the morning. I have to though; to make sure that Nami’s alright. I mean that guy she was with sounded like one jerk. If I he even touches her I swear I will hunt him down and bash his head in.

I walk the long way to school hoping to avoid other students. I start to make my way towards the beach when I see someone, Nami. She walks with a tall guy; he looks as if he’s her age. She walks with him cheerily and I’d never seen her smile like that when she was out with me.

I decide to follow them closely from behind taking small casual steps and blending in with the small crowds. I just get close enough to hear their conversation.

“Then why were you crying? You were about break into tears if I hadn’t of come out,” says the guy with an uptight tone. “I mean imagine what would have happened if you didn’t stalk me, you would have fainted in the middle of nowhere.”

“I wasn’t about to cry! I had something in my eyes! And I wasn’t stalking you! It’s called a coincidence you know! Why would I stalk a jerk like you?” she says and she smiles with embarrassment. It’s all over her face… why isn’t she like this when she’s around me?

The guy starts to kick a can around and Nami watches him like she’s never seen a guy kick a can before. She’s seen me kick cans around all the time but I don’t see her going crazy over it… maybe he’s her cousin or something…

He starts to hum as if he’s asking her a question and she stands there patiently waiting for him to say something. “You’re right, why would you stalk me?” he chuckles afterwards leaving her dumbfounded. He continues to walk a faster pace leaving her behind.

“I wasn’t stalking you…” she says and runs after him following him from behind. The only other person who’d do that for me is Thunder…

“Alright, whatever you say. Man can’t you go another way to school? I can’t have you walking with me everywhere… it’s embarrassing.”

“It’s not embarrassing! How am I embarrassing?!” she shouts loudly for everyone to hear.

“You really want to know….” He says and leans in near her ear and whispers something. She pushes him away and runs away from him and he doesn’t seem to care that she’d run off.

He continues to walk off and she turns to face him, “Wait! A-aren’t you going to walk me to school?”

“You know the way so go to school so go by your damn self. God you’re so annoying…” his voice trails off as they get further and further away.

I feel my heart beating rapidly and a sharp pain in my chest. I sit down on the ground attracting attention my way but I don’t care.

He’s probably just Nami’s cousins or something. Nothing else… to make sure I’ll call her out after school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

woo ~