Mistake

One month to live

Third person :

The rain poured down harder than usual and Nami gave a loud sigh as she examined the trees waving around in the distance. The wet and damp cherry blossums that seemed to have become depressing with the rain. It's been a month since she has first met Yuki and she pondered on the thought of how one guy could twist her life so much, cause her pain yet if from another's view it wouldn't seem that hectic. To her she felt as if there was a link missing between them. Like waves that crash down, she felt as if she was the wave and he was the rocky shore, causing her so much pain that she breaks into shards of water separating into a mess. The huge mess that he'd had left behind for her to drown in. She had to confront him and she had just about enough confidence to do so.

She ran down the halls of the school and out. Opening her umbrella she swung it over her head, allowing it to hover over her head. The rain powered down on her but only to splash upon the umbrella's surface. She sprinted through the school gates and slowed her pace down once she reached the beach. Her panting became louder and her heartbeat was hastening. After what seemed to be five minutes, she calmed down and walked out along the concrete of the beach. The waves were much harsher than usual because of the weather. She stopped to a halt and realised that she had no idea where Yuki was. He has been missing from school for the pass three days and she hasn't talked to him for over a week. Thoughts raced through her head and she sighed loudly. The only person that came to mind was Thunder, the only guy who'd know where Yuki is. She pulled her phone out and dialed his number. Silence came through the phone then a voice.

"Hello, Thunder's here!" The cheery voice made her smile for a split second but faded after asking her question.

"It's Nami, you know where Yuki is?"  Rain rang throughout the phone and she was confused on where he was. "Thunder, where are you?"

"I'm at home. Decided not to go to school today... Yuki? I don't know where he is, let me call him. I'll call back in five minutes." The line hung up and she leaned against the wet bench making her back damp. She couldn't feel the cold sting of the of the metal bench as her body was numb. All feeling of cold were gone, for the only thing she could feel was eargerness. She wanted to see Yuki badly but she had no idea as what to say when they met.  She contemplated on the thought but nothing came to mind, only the thought of seeing him. She ached for him badly.

Her eyes flinched open at the sound of her phone, ringing softly. She charged for her phone with her hand and picked it up immediately. "Hello? Thunder?" Her voice was chaky and panicky.

"Yeah I'm here... Nami, are you okay? You sound feverish..." His voice was soft and slow as if he was avoiding something but Nami paid no attention to it. Her mind raced through and she got up from the damp bench and felt her hands going numb by the cold weather. "I'm fine. Where's Yuki? Did you call him?!"

"Yeah... I called him." The steadiness in his voice caused Nami to pause. The stillness through the phone's connection continued until Thunder broke it. "He's fine Nami." All sudden thoughts broke free from her mind.

"G-good... but do you know where he is?"

"... yes, I do."

"Where is he?!" Her palms became sweaty even though the temperature in the air was freezing. Her mind was set and Thunder knew he couldn't change her decision of seeing him.

Thunder POV :

I knew this was coming, I mean I knew something like that would have happened. The phone call, it's one of those decisions that couldn't have changed anything, only the I couldn't have done anything to stop it so i didn't. I care for Nami, Yuki and Jin. It'd upset me to see their lives shatter but all I could do was be there for them and that's what I did. I wanted to lie, but I knew I couldn't, not to Nami. It's getting to the end... just be patient.

Loud splattering of rain hits my window and I stare out in the dull, damp streets. The lamp post lights flickering in the distance, struggling to beam out through the rain. My graps on the phone tightens and I breathe loudly through the connection. I bite down harshly on my bottom lip and close my eyes. Lying back on my bed I give in to Nami.

"Nami, what do you know about Yuki?" The abrupt question leaves Nami jumpy though her voice is already shakey by the cold weather. "W-what do I know? I don't understand..."

"I mean, do you know a lot about him?" Silence reaches me and I stand up, walking to my window. The window ceil contains a seat with a soft cushion. I sti on it and lean back against the wall, staring out at the rain.

"I-I never really thought about that..." I close my eyes and clench my fists firmly. I can't lie to her... I won't lie to her.

"I see. He..." I pause deeply and hear nothing nothing but the sound of her breathing. "He's at the bridge Nami." I hear a small noise of flickering and shift around in my seat, adjusting myself. "N-nami?"

"D-did he say anything else?" Her voice is less shakey but more determined.

I sharpen my voice and clear my throat. "... just go and look for him Nami, he'll be there waiting."

"F-for me?"

"Just go Nami," my voice cracks and I attempt to talk again. "j-just promise me you'll be okay."

"Thunder, I'll be fine. I have to go now, thank you for everything... bye."

The line splits and hangs up. I keep the phone at my ear and slide it down my side. My hand flops at my side with the phone still intact but I ignore it. Thoughts race through my mind and set them aside as I slide my phone down,

Jin POV :

The rain hits hard on my uniform as I lay on the grass ignoring it. The sight of cars passing and their lights flickering through the rain attracts my interest until I see a certain girl, making her way through the rain. She is soaked through her uniform and her body is shakey and petite. Her hand drags something that looks like an umbrella but she doesn't use it. I stand up and check the time on my phone. 12:30pm Hm, I'll just skip two classes today...

I dash down the grass, sliding my chucks while trying to keep my balance. The girl pays no mind to me as I grab her arm, forcing her back. She shakes sofly in my hand and her eyes are wide with eargerness. "W-what do you want?"

"Nami... what are you doing? You should be in school, you're all wet!" I my uniform and take it off, wrapping it around her small, petite body. My white tank top starts to become clear with the rain and I grimace loudly. She struggles in my grasps and I pull her closer to me. "Nami, listen you could get a cold!"

"I don't care! Now let me go!" Her arms shake menacingly and I look around for a dry place. I see a small bus stop and drag her with me. The loud sound of the rain hitting roof annoys me and Nami gives me a glare. "What do you think you're doing! I need to be somewhere!"

"Yeah, you need to be home! Listen I'll take you!" I pull at her recklessly but she doesn't budge. Her umbrella falls from her hand and into the large puddles of water. I get distracted by the image of myself, holding Nami. It reflects onto the surface of the pond and the pain and realisation of the cold sets in, wrapping around my body, I can only imagine how cold Nami is. I turn to her and see her pleading eyes, the sorrow that lurks in them pains me. I attempt to speak but no words come from my lips, only the cold air. I pull her closer to me and whisper. "Nami... please come with me."

"Why? I need to be somewhere!" She ignores my plead and the fustration fills me. My grip on her arm tightens and I pull my arm back, distancing her from me. No rash moves Jin, it's Nami. One more, just try.

"Nami please, you're cold and wet... you need to get home." I haul her closer to my, huggin her from the shoulders. Her warm breath on my bare skin warms me. My thoughts freeze and I hold onto this moment. The only thing that could break it is her.

"Jin, please let me go... I need to see someone," her small petite voice whispsers into my ear and I let her go only holding her wrist. "Nami, don't. You're going to get sick!" I use the excuse, wanting more of her. The eargerness and desire for her fills each inch of my body and i grip her tighter. Her face turns sour and a frown appears.

"When have you ever cared Jin?! Just leave me alone, I need to go to the bridge!" My eyes widen and my jaw drops open. She struggles out of my grasps and runs off into the rain. I look around for a bit, dazed on the thought. I shake my head in anger and sprint after her, calling her name. The rain hits us both only harder, it stings my skin with each landing and it makes my body go numb. "NAMI! LISTEN!"

"What?! What do you want Jin?!" She walks up to me and the water splashes beneath her feet. Cars pass but none of them seem to pay attention to us. Their car lights flicker brightly and it beams into my eyes. I don't blink once, only keep my eyes trained on Nami. "Who are you looking for? Just tell me!"

"Yuki! I'm looking for Yuki!"

"Yuki?! He's at the bridge? W-ait, he's at the bridge?!" I scream and she walks closer to me, giving me a peculiar look. "Nami... you can't see him!" Nami, please don't see Yuki... please.

"What do you care?!"

"I care heaps!" She pauses for a minute and silence reaches us. Her eyes travel the length of me but nothing comes from her lips. "Nami?"

"Jin... it's too late, you're too late." My mind stays on nothing but that statement. The feeling of my mind being twisted and tortured comes into mind. I feel like breaking the world in two.

"Too late?" I question and my voice heightens.

"Y-you're too late..."

"W-what? I don't understand... do you even know Yuki properly?! The jerk he really is?! The way he treats people? His past?! All of it...? Do you even know him Nami?"

"I've known him for a month... and he's just-..."

"I've known you for two ing years!" I yell and grasps her shouler. The cold touch of her skin sends shivers down my arm but she doesn't seem to notice. "It doesn't matter! You're just too late!"

"Too late for what?!"

"Too late for me!" My breath stops to a halt and every inch of my body numbs up. I can't move from this stance. How can one girl completely shake my foundation to the core? I-I can't handle this... I can't suppress it.

"Nami... you're too late! You know that?! Yuki is never going to like you like he loves Hee Young! And you know why? Because she was there for him, she looked out for him... she was everything you weren't. You weren't there three years ago! You weren't there when he needed someone! You weren't there when his dad left! You weren't there when his mother died, but you know who was? Hee Young... she was there, when he needed someone most. That's why you're making the biggest mistake of your life." Her facial expressiong doesn't change one bit yet I feel the sense of awkwardness around me. My jaw clenching and my temple moving showing my anger and grief. The anger of the biggest mistake of my life slowly fading after those words, only to fill once more with sadness. The thought re-lays in my head but I stare at her intensely. The cowardest and pride in me will not let me say those words, the words that I want to express, to the girl who has twisted my life menacingly from the day I met her. I love you Nami...

"Jin... it doesn't matter if I wasn't there for him three years ago, only if I'm there for him now." She turns around and leaves my vision, into the distance.. The rain seems harder yet I can't feel it, only the mysterious pain aching in my chest. It's distorted and unnatural yet everything seems to fit in place, just not for me.

"I-it's a mistake..."

________________________________________________

thank you for reading, pretty sad chapter :/      [ not edited... none of my chapters are edited :S ]

hope your enjoying the story, ending might be the next chapter, it'll probably be long if it is.

also, thank you for all the comments, they are very encouraging :)