One thing left.

One month to live

Ice:

The soft soggy sand fills my chucks and the water surfaces to my ankles. I slide them off and throw them to the side while rolling my pants up to my knees. The stinging sensation in my head heightens and I glide my hair through my hair. The aching fades off but I know that it's going to come back. I take my shirt off and throw it at my shoes missing by half a metre onto the sand. The waves seem to become harsher with each second and I dive in the water, feeling it surround each inch of my body. The feeling of relaxation comes into mind and I hold my breath for as long as I can.

Air fills my lungs as I pant loudly, splashing the water everywhere. I stand up and look at my watch. "Only one minute..." I mutter loudly and make my way back to my shoes. I pick up my bag and pull out a towel, wiping my head with it. I feel a small tightening feeling in my head and lie down against the sand clenching my eyes shut.

"What are you doing Ice?" I flinch my eyes open to see Yuki standing tall. He leans over me and I get up whilst placing the towel around my neck. I stare at him in shock and he sits down beside me. "Why aren't you at school?"

"I just feel a bit off today..." The silence fills the beach and all that is heard is traffic and the sound of waves crashing down in the water. "Why aren't you in school today?

"Me? I was... just five minutes ago. I came down here to see you."

"Oh really? To see me? I'm sure there's more of a reason then 'to see me'." I ruffle the towel once more over my head and feel it sliding roughly through my hair. "Seriously, I came to see you."

"Okay then..." I give him a pleasant smile but get nothing in return, not even the of the head. My eye twitches and I see him notice by the way his eyes widen suddenly. His stare deepens and I turn my head, looking away from him. "So Ice, I saw your sister today. She told me something, about three years ago."

"R-really? I'm guessing you know everything now?" I don't hesitate to move at all, I lie down against the sand feeling Yuki's glare on me. I make no attempt to escape this knowing that anything I do it'll lead me back. "Yes I know everything... and let's just say I'm kind of surprised. I actually kind of liked you, you were a good guy. If only that hadn't happened." His voice deepens and I feel the tremendous guilt weighing over my shoulders. A deep unfolding knot arises in my stomach and I sit up, bending my a little further than usual, trying to ignore it. Guilt is creeping up on me already? Just when I thought it was all over.

"Yes, if only 'it' hadn't happened. I guess I can never take it back-..." I shriek loudly and a jolt of fear rushes through my body. Hands grab at my chest and I look up to see Yuki grabbing at my shirt. "Don't go all cocky on me. You're the reason she's gone and if you don't even show the slightest amount of regret I swear when I go down, I'm taking you with me." He lets me go and I fling back almost losing my balance. "I do regret it. I regret all of it." Silence encloses us and I feel secluded from all the people around me. The hint of the sun no longer fills my mind as I can no longer feel it. The only thing I feel is the guilt and pain slithering it's way back to me. It swallows me whole yet I show no physical appearance of the thoughts and emotions that fill my head. I'm so damn heartless that I don't even care anymore. Who's to blame but me?

"You've helped me Ice. A lot." I turn to face him, shocked by his statement. I give him a grimaced look and turn to face the waves protecting myself, not showing any sign of emtions, only curiosity. "And why do you say that?"

"Because I just do." He gets up and gives me a hand. I take it lightly and feel him tug at my arm, helping me up. "I've learn't that you can't change the past so..."

"So what...?"

"So you."

Shock fills me with each second and my heartbeat fastens. I look off and shake the feeling away, shooting a glare back at him. He sighs softly and takes one step closer to me. I stand my ground and stare at him with anger, allowing him to see me for once. "Ice, I'm never forgiving you. I want you to have this holding over your head for the rest of your damn life seeing as you took one away. It seems like a fair trade... no it's not. You didn't take her life away, you took mine."

_____________________________________________________

I apoligise for the short chapter XD

i'm kind of tired because I just finished my LAST assignment of the term :)

i think the next chapter may be the last... or the one after that, i don't really know considering i make the chapters up as i go.

Anyway, thank you for reading ! <3