Back to normal

One month to live

Yuki Sakou:

Why’d Makino want to go on a date with me? Out of all the guys in school me… there are rumors about me and yet she still likes me. Either she’s crazy or I’m very charming…

I walk up to the school gates to see a young girl, around the age of fifteen, leaning against the school’s fence. She clenches her school bag tightly with her hands and she slowly raises her head staring straight into my eyes.

I take a good look at her, cute and innocent… it almost feels wrong to go on a date with her. She looks up at me and smiles shyly. She walks up to me and mutters something under her breath; I bite my bottom lip and feel the anger welling up inside my chest. I can sense that she’s going to be one of those annoying girls that always get under my skin…

“J-just say it out loud… no need to be so damn shy,” I suddenly outbursted try to constraint myself from cursing…

“W-why’d you want to meet me in the morning so early… it’s only seven forty-five,” she says softly.

“No reason, I just wanted to take you somewhere…” I grab her hand and she holds on tightly as I pull her up to face me. “Just follow me.”

She follows me the whole entire way saying nothing. I can see her mouthing some words but nothing comes out. She waddles behind me like a little annoying duck. I just want to pull her beside me and walk together instead of the annoying way she does it.

Before we arrive I tell her to close her eyes, I gently place my hands on her eyes and she flinches a bit and pulls her hands up to mine. The moment they touch I feel a strange sensation travel up my arm.

Once we arrive at the destination I let go of her hands revealing the location to her.

“I-it’s the beach…” she says softly.

“I know… I just wanted to skip school today to go to the beach,” I say scratching my head.

“B-but I thought this was a date? I'm not going to tell my friends that we just went to the beach!” She screams and at this moment I know what type of girl she is, she’s using me to tell all her friends that I dated her… Yuki the ‘murderer’ went on a date with her.

“ this…” I say but then I remember Ice’s plead. “L-let's just sit down...”

She walks up to me and takes a hold of my hand. We sit down and I feel her eyes staring at me. I avoid all eye contact with her wishing that she isn't here. I squeeze her hand tighter as if I'm about to die then I let the grasp of her hand go… but she won’t let go of mine.

Nami:

"I have to apoligise to him" I think over and over of ways to apoligize but none of the ones I'd imagine seem right. What I had said was to... it was cold. I'm never usually like this, I don't know what I was thinking when I said what I did.

I start to walk to school and decide to go the long way so that I can practice my apology to him. I see some students but all of whom I don't know. They give me some strange looks and some smiles so I smiles back, preten

I walk pass the beach and look out to the sea. I continue to look out until I see someone familiar, Y-Yuki, with a girl? I walk up to them from behind but keep my distance. I casually look as she grabs a hold of his hand. He looks at her coldy and the smile drops from his face. She smiles softly and lean up to him...

Yuki:

Sitting here with Makino feels weird. It’s not right, for me or for her. I just want to be at school by myself, sitting there being ignored by everyone. I wish everything was back to normal...

I feel Makino’s hand grasping mine tighter and I stare at her with cold look. I feel the muscles in my arms clenching tighter as my throat starts to tighten. She leans in and I know exactly what she’s about to do… “Get the away from me.”

She leans back and looks at me shocked… “W-what did I do wrong?” she asks softly but I ignore her. I get up and glare at her so that it hurts her badly. "You did everything wrong."

I shouldn't of went on this stupid date. I guess Ice never told me I had to stay there for the whole date…

I see her eyes shifting from me to the ground. I feel the soles of my shoes slowly sinking into the sand and the tension in my cheeks burning. I sprint off away from her, to avoid all contact and sound.

I try ignore all her cries and when I get far enough they stop. I grab my bag and flip it onto my back allowing all the sand to whipe off. I run my hands through my hair, thinking back to what happened yesturday... the day Nami said those dreaded words.

Nami:

W-what just happened… I can’t feel anything except my fingers going numb and the pain in my chest slowly fading. “Was that Yuki?” I murmur but he had already run off leaving the girl behind.

~ Later at the end of school 3pm  ~

I look around searching for Yuki and I spot him sitting by a cherry blossom. I sneak up on him but then I notice that he’s dozed off in front of everyone. A book in one hand and the other hand clutching his chest as if someone had shot him deep in the chest.

I walk up and sit beside him waiting for him to wake up and I glare at him to make sure that he’s actually asleep. Another ten minutes passes by and most of the students have gone home already. I received some strange looks but I screamed at them to make run off.

“WHAT? GOT SOMETHING TO SAY HUH?! SAY IT YOU !” I snap at a passing student. He flinches and runs off out of the school gates and I can't help but smile at the students who run off.

I look at Yuki and run my finger around his jaw line leading my to his ear. I trail my finger back down, gently near his lips. His soft lips that had stole my first kiss. I look at his lips, inspecting and imagining the parts that had touched mine. Without realising it I had started to touch my own lips, the places he had touched mine...

To kill time I start to style his hair. Giving him looks that celebritys have had. I give him the hairstyle that Mir from MBLAQ once had and I think he suits it. After ten minutes of styling his hair, I style it back to Mir's and it made him lok cute and adorable. He didn't look like Mir, but Mir's hairstyle looked good on him. His light edgey look and a calm almost dark hair colour... it looked good.

Yuki:

I wake up to hear someone murmuring something…

“…I’m really sorry for saying what I did, Yuki. Please forgive me. No, that sounds weird…” I hear a girl say and I recognize the voice, it’s Nami.

I pull her down next to me and she looks at me with wide eyes now realising that I was awake when she was apoligising. I shift so there’s room for her and she’s sits there and moves a little closer to me. I don’t say anything for awhile because I’m still trying to recover from my coma…

“Nami, I-I forgive you…” I say softly and out of nowhere she pulls me up into her embrace. I feel her breath on my neck and I try to move her but she doesn't budge. “T-thank you Yuki…”

I slowly tilt my head onto her shoulder and close my eyes. “I just want everything to go back to normal…”

“I know what you mean… the last few days have been a bit hectic.”

Nami:

“I know what you mean… the last few days have been a bit hectic,” I say but before I continue I feel something wet on my shoulder… is he crying.

I put my hand on his back and him… “W-what are you doing?!” I hear him burst and he sits up whipping his mouth.

I look at my shoulder and notice drool on my uniform. “YOU DROOLED ON MY UNIFORM?!”

He stands up and wipes his mouth once more. “I-I was tired! God, maybe if you try didn't try to molest me I wouldn’t have fallen asleep…”

“Y-you fell asleep on my shoulder? Am I that comfy to you?” I joke.

“N-no… NO! I was j-just really tired! Ah, you’re so damn annoying!” he screams and he gets up wiping off the cherry blossoms off his shirt.

I look up at the tree and notice how pink it is. The way the branches stretch out and cover the area but allowing stream of sunlight to shine down lightly. "Isn't it pretty?" I mutter to myself.

"Yeah... it is," Yuki says and he walks up to me. We both stand there looking at the tree and I feel happy...

I guess that means that everything’s back to normal… finally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

polished chapter ~! hope you liked it, if you didn't don't feel as if you can't critisize... as long as it's helpful :)

thankyou for reading !!! comments are very much appreciated. ;D