Chapter 6

First

                Rin totally surprise to see Karina in middle of working in that cafe. She needs to wait for Karina to finish her shift before she could talk with that girl. Karina change her clothes and take seat at bar. Rin asks, “Why you suddenly work here, Karina?”

                “Why I work here?” Karina repeat Rin’s question while she stirring her drink, “I want to feel how people who always worry to collect money for their life. I already bored to live in that house.”

                “Karina, you can’t run away from problem forever.” Say Rin.

                “I’m not running away from my problems but I only need time for myself to think what I should do with the problems.” Say Karina. The waiter serves them cake and says it is service from manager.

                Rin can’t say anything and it make Karina says, “It really when my own siblings plan to kick me out from the house just because of silly excuse.”

                “Silly excuse?” Rin really curious about what happen. Karina says, “We had medical check-up before this and it turn out my blood group is B while others are A. I don’t even care if I’m actually doesn’t related with oyaji but ofukuro is the one who give birth of me. Then, they suddenly plan to kick me out after that. I’m not mad with it but the one who has knowledge in medical, really work out. That’s why I decide to leave everything and begin my new life. I want to leave First but Julie-san doesn’t let me to do that.”

                Rin really surprise when know Karina plans to leave the First. She says, “You can’t leave us. I really need you. If you’re not around, who’s going to help me?”

                “You still have others in that group. You can ask help about studies from Yuri-kun, Yuto-kun can help you in other things, and Reika-chan can help you in girl’s matter.” Say Karina. She finishes her cake in seconds as she really hungry after hard work. Rin can’t say anything at that moment as she knows the girl would never want to change her mind.

                After that, Karina excuses herself from that place and Rin offers to send her back but the girl reply, “I happy with your offer but I already have someone to fetch me and he already wait for me... ah, could you help me to tell Julie-san that I can’t come to school for awhile. Just say that I have some kind of problem. Thanks.”

                Rin could only see the girl leave the cafe and get on bike. Rin finishes her drink and leave the place. She totally confuse at that moment and goes straight back to her house. She asks again about Karina to Julie but that lady only says, “You can ask your friends in First if you really curious about it.”

*********************

                “EH?! You met Karina?” ask Keito when Rin tells about what she saw yesterday. Everyone seems surprise to hear as they really worry about that girl.

                “Yeah but it seem she doesn’t want to go back home.” say Rin.

                “If she doesn’t want to go back to home, where she stays?” ask Reika. Usually, that girl would come to her place when she runs away; even for awhile.

                “Where you meet her?” ask Ryosuke in furious and it make Rin back a bit as she really surprise. His grab on Rin’s shoulder slowly hurting her.

                Yuri quickly gets between them and says, “You don’t have to scare her like that. I understand you worry about your cousin.”

                Rin who use Yuri to hide, says, “I just met her during on the way to go back home and we talk a bit. It seems Karina wants to quit from First but Julie-san doesn’t let her to do it.”

                “Of course she would never let her to do that.” say Yuto. They ask more detail about Karina but Rin can’t say anything as she gets mail from Karina earlier that ask her to hide their meeting at that cafe.

*********************

                Rin sends mail to Karina that she wants to meet that girl as she really curious about Ryosuke. That boy’s stare really scared her all day. Karina agrees to meet her at a circuit and she tells them that she has something to do after school.

                She arrives there and notice a race was held which make her take seat at audience’s seats. Someone get near her and says, “They gonna finish their race a bit late. Are you here for Karina-chan?”

                Rin really surprise to see who the guy is but manage to reply, “Yeah, I want to meet her and she asks me to come here.”

                “Ah, I’m Jin, member of that team too but I’m not joining their race today because Karina-chan use my car.” Say Jin. He shows the way to her to more comfortable place to stay while waiting the race end. Jin give canned drink to her and says, “I know you really worry about that girl and we even try to make her to solve things with her family first.”

                “Is that true that you guys will move to German?” ask Rin. She could see that no preparation to move outside the Japan which make her suspect something.

                “It’s true that we will go to German but only for race but I don’t know if Karina-chan wants to stay there after the race end. She said that she want to move out from the house.” Say Jin. Rin knows that girl only want to escape from everything.

                After several minutes, Karina arrives at the place and takes place beside Rin. Rin asks, “It is okay for you to leave like that?”

                “It’s okay... I already told them that I want to meet you.” Say Karina. She opens her canned drink and gulps it as she really tired after the race.

                “Karina, why you lie about this team will move to German?” ask Rin and Karina realizes that girl a bit mad.

                Karina crack the can before put on the table and says, “I already tired with everything. Tired to act like I’m not affected with what happen around me. I always think that I’m just their doll; only want for awhile before throw it away. Honestly, I really jealous with you; you work hard to achieve something that you want for your life while I have nothing.”

                “You only need to open your mind a little bit to everyone to make us know you better and you also will get chance to learn new things.” Say Rin.

                “Learn new things? Can I still have chance to do that?” ask Karina. Rin could see that girl really hope for miracle and she knows what she should do. After the meeting with Karina, Rin makes phone call to someone and ask to meet at a cafe.

****************

                Keito finishes his practice for that day and change his clothes. He dresses casually before get on his car to drive somewhere. His car stops at car park and he walks into the cafe before join Rin. He asks, “Why you suddenly want to meet me right now? We still can meet at school tomorrow.”

                “I just want to discuss something with you and it about Karina. You like her, right?” say Rin.

                Keito looks around to search for correct words and says, “If you ask me if I like her or not, I may say that I like her but girl like her would only see me as her friends.”

                “Right now, Karina really needs support from someone and only you come in my mind.” Say Rin. She really hopes Keito would help her to make Karina stay at Japan.

                “She would never accept support from me.” Say Keito. Rin look into his eyes that make him a bit surprise as she says, “It’s time for you to show that you really like her. I know you always support her from behind and how about you support her from her side which is the better option?”

                “She would see through me and for sure she will avoid me. That girl always knows to read what people want to do.” Say Keito.

                “I don’t think she can do it these days.” Say Rin and get confuse look from Keito before she explains, “It seem she has too many doubts in her heart and can’t think clearly. If we didn’t do anything, she will move to German and none of us can’t meet her anymore.”

                “Move to German?” shout Keito as he suddenly stands up and attracts attention from some of customers in that café that make Rin has to ask Keito relax. He asks, “Why she want to do that?”

                “It’s not me who should say that. I think you will know about it when she’s ready to tell you.” Say Rin as she takes sip from her drink. She finishes her drink as she still has practice after that and she can’t stay there any longer or she will get nag from her lecturer.

*************************

                Keito drives around to search for Karina as he worries about that girl and want to meet her. He stop at river side that he always saw that girl relax every time he’s on the way to his dad’s building. His prediction is correct as he notices Karina lying on the grass and enjoys the sky. Keito get near the girl and notice she in deep sleep.

                He brushes strands of hair on Karina’s face gently while asks, “How you could sleep peacefully at this place while many people worry about you?” He stays there without even want to disturb the girl’s sleep. He only waits until the girl wake up but that girl really surprise to see him at her side.

                She quickly asks, “What are you doing here? Why you’re here? How you know that I’m here?”

                “I know you will come here when you need calmness as this place offer what you’re looking for. You already skip school for several days and make everyone worry.” Say Keito.

                “It only 2 days and gomen for make everyone worry. I only want to find the reason why I was born to this world when my own family want to abandon me from their life.” Say Karina.

                “You didn’t realize that your presence really give many good this to everyone. You need to think positive about yourself and you will find many interesting things in your life.” Say Keito.

                Karina wake up from her laying position and cross her legs before says, “I never think I will find interesting things after this. I know my life already over when I know about their plan and it’s funny that they can’t hide their plan from me.”

                “How you know about it?” ask Keito. He knows that girl could easily to get anything that she want but never know how she grabs the information.

                “They discuss about the plan in library and too stupid to notice there are cameras and listening devices in that place. They think I’m not in the house; I would never know about it but I could listen it at anywhere.” say Karina.

                “You step those by yourself” ask Keito. He clearly surprise to hear about it.

                Karina show her phone to him where it shows almost all part of the mansion, “Yeah, I’m just want to test the system before I put on list and those who know about it; only my mansion’s butler who actually help me and promise to hide it.”

                “I suddenly get feeling that is dangerous to become your enemy.” Comment Keito.

                “Not dangerous but deadly dangerous to become my enemy. I will always put responsibilities to revenge on other person as I don’t want to stain my hand. I’m the real bad person.” Say Karina as she looks towards the sky.

                “So, that make you want to run away and go to German?” Keito a bit irritated when remember about the facts Karina will move to German.

                “Why you so mad when I want to move to German?” shout Karina.

                “I always want to be at your side but if you move to German, how could I be at your side? I don’t want the person that I like away from me. I only want to protect you.” Say Keito in one breathes before he realizes what he says. Karina also surprises to hear Keito’s words as her eyes go wide.

                Karina stands up and says, “If that want you want to say that to me, I’m leaving.”

                Keito want to chase the girl but he notices that girl jump into someone’s car before leave the place. He makes phone call to Karina for several times but she doesn’t want to pick up the calls. Keito can’t sleep well when remember that girl’s silhouette on that time and thinks he said weird things to that girl.

**************************

                Reika just finish does her shopping at shopping complex and let the workers bring the bags into the car while she walks to other shops. While choosing things, she notices Karina who seems exhausted. She get out from the shop and asks, “Karina, why you seem in problem?”

                Reika holds Karina’s hand and that girl quickly yank her hand make her let go the grab. She says, “Leave me alone. I--- I don’t need y-your help---” Karina falls on the floor and lose her conscious. Reika really panic and quickly call her driver to help her to bring Karina to the hospital.

                While waiting for Karina who gets into emergency area, a nurse asks, “Ojou-sama, do you want us to call her family?”

                “Better not... I mean, I will do it by myself.” Say Reika. She leaves the area to make phone to others in First to tell them about what happen.

***********************

                “It seem someone make her inhale chemical gas which make her body doesn’t work properly. I will put her under strict observation for awhile to ensure no complication happen in her body.” Say the doctor who treats Karina to Reika while they move that girl into a room.

                “Give her super strict observation as that girl really stubborn.” Say Reika.

                “As you wish.” Say the doctor as he slightly bows to Reika. After that, Reika join her friends that visit Karina in her room. They could not hide their worry on their faces when see Karina on the hospital bed; deep sleep.

                “I wonder what happen after we meet.” Say Keito. They ask what happen and he reply, “I meet her at her usual place and we have slight fight that make her run away from that place. I saw her get on a car but I don’t think her being force to get into that car.”

                “I think who did that to her, it must be strong person who know how to defeat her.” Say Yuri. They begin make many speculation about what happen.

                Rin suddenly remember, “Maybe she run away when the race team want to bring her back to her house and when she try to run away, they accidentally make her inhale chemicals.”

                “How you know about that?” ask Ryosuke.

                “It just prediction that I make after I met her at circuit.” say Rin. Ryosuke grabs her shoulder and scold, “Why you didn’t tell us that you meet her? If you tell us, we can do something to make her return to her house.”

                Rin really shock with it and can’t say anything as she really surprise to see Ryosuke’s stare. Reika quickly go between them and says, “Of course she will ask Rin to hide it from everyone. You know that girl always ask people to hide their meeting with her.”

                “We can only wait until she opens her eyes before we know about what happen.” Say Reika.

                “So, do we need to tell her family about it?” ask Rin.

                “Better not; we just need to tell them that Karina stays with me and I can ask help from everyone in my house.” say Ryosuke. Rin asks why and Yuri explains that Yamada Family can ensure Kuzuryu Family don’t make any move to detect Karina.

******************

                After visiting hour end, Rin share ride with Keito as he needs to meet Julie to send something to her. On the way, he says, “You just lucky at that time because Yama-chan usually already hit you when he’s angry but he can’t.”

                “Why he can’t hit me?” ask Rin. She really curious about Ryosuke as that guy seems hide something that she doesn’t know.

                “He can’t hit you because you have same face with her dead lover but that is what I heard from Karina. Only Yama-chan and Karina know her face as Yama-chan really great in hiding her from us. Even I heard it when Karina accidentally mentions it and I heard her name is Yumika, if I’m not mistaken.” Say Keito. He drives the car into Kitagawa’s Mansion and stop at in front of main door.

                “Ah, both of you meet each other while on the way here?” ask Julie when notice both of them arrives at same time.

                “Yeah, we just meet with others to discuss about Karina and this is the document that you ask me to prepare.” Say Keito. He hand-in the document to Julie before leave the place. Rin just goes straight to her room as she can’t say anything about Karina. They already agree not to say anything about Karina gets into hospital.

                On the way to her room, she notices a picture of a girl that has similar face features with her. She sees Julie behind her and asks, “Who is this girl?”

                “Oh, she is my adopted daughter, Yumika-chan but she already died 2 years ago because of chronic diseases. She never meets First except Karina and Ryosuke as she is shy girl and attends to different school but she’s is not in program to become Kitagawa Generation.” Say Julie.

                “Why she is not in Kitagawa Generation’s Program?” ask Rin.

                “She’s just like Karina; she said that she’s not suitable to become heir of the legacy. That girl really strong as she knows how to handle people around and always calm.” Say Julie. Rin only listen to Julie’s story about Yumika as she knows that Yumika is Ryosuke’s late-lover.

                “No wonder he never want to treat me nicely.” Say Rin after finish listens to the story.