Chapter 5

First

                When school days begin back on Monday, everyone gather in front of the notice board. Rin who just arrive there, curious about what happen there and get near before ask, “What happen here?”

                “Oh, result from last test already put here. You can check here or at your lounge as the school also give you guys copies of this ranking like usual.” Reply one of the students. Rin thanks to the student and walk into First lounge with thousands of feeling. She really nervous while getting near to the lounge as she gets feeling that her result would not like what she want or think.

                She reaches in front of the lounge but her step really heavy and froze at where she stands. Suddenly, someone pats her shoulder and says, “You don’t need too nervous with the result.” She turn her head and see Yuri already smile like little kids and make her think that he really confident with her result.

                Yuri holds her hand gently and led her way into the lounge. Both of them could see everyone already doing what they want and only Reika who still read something. Reika notices them, “Ah, this is ranking but only top 10 as the rest of it, I already put in file.”

                “Wow, you guys a copy of overall ranking of your grade?” Rin really amazes to know that First have copy of ranking.

                “Not only our grade but the whole school. Don’t forget that we have something to do after school.” say Yuto. Everyone agree with it and leave Rin in confuse. She tries to ask what is that mean but Yuto only say that she will know it soon.

**************

                “EH?! You already drive your own car? I thought you still ride with Keito?” ask Rin when they leave the school. The boys will go with their cars while girls will get go there by riding Karina’s car but think it is that girl’s driver who drive the car and turn that Karina drive her own car.

                “I still ride with him but I know we will have work for today, I told him that I will drive my own car.” Say Karina. They get on the car and Karina warns them to wear seatbelt properly before she speed off her car.

                The cars arrive in front of warehouse and everyone get off from the cars. Rin asks, “What are we doing at place like this?”

                “Oh, we need to make sure Kitagawa-san’s items arrive here in correct pieces or Kitagawa-san will mad at us again.” Say Reika.

                “Yeah, the last time he scolded us... it caused by Ryosuke who accidentally knock off one of glass fragments that Kitagawa-san order especially for one of his big events. He really scared when he’s in bad mood.” Say Karina and Ryosuke already shaking when remember about it.

                They wait for almost 2 hours before a big truck reach there. Rin really scared and run away as the truck almost hit her but Karina only stays at her place. The truck stops few inches before it could hit Karina and the driver come out. Yuto says, “We thought you will arrive early like usual.”

                Yuichi gets near them and says, “It seem some problem happen with the package and we need to do more work than usual.”

                “Maa, let’s just begin our work to check it before we make that person mad again.” Say Yuto. They wear gloves and begin check everything but Rin seem having problem to do it. Yuri notices it and quickly helps her to do it.

                “You guys always do inspection like this?” ask Rin when everything done. She really exhausted with every work that she does with them.

                “When Kitagawa-san buy something that valuable, First always become the one who inspect them before reach to his hand. We need to make sure everything prefect and safe.” Say Reika.

                “Usually, it will go through 3 more inspection from people that First trust. It really hard but to ensure everything safe. I will leave here for today and Karina, don’t forget about our race match this weekend.” Say Yuichi.

                Karina surprise with it and says, “Yabai, I almost forget about it. I will remind them to prepare my car by this weekend.”

                “You should remember that everything needs to be decided after the race. We really hope you could accept our offer.” Say Yuichi before get on his truck. Karina just makes sign everything is okay before the truck leave the place.

                “What does it mean by that?” ask Keito. Everyone really curious about the last talk between Karina and Yuichi even most of them know Karina quite close with Yuichi as they share same interest.

                Karina seem doesn’t want to answer the question but she leave out huge sigh before she could reply, “They offer me to join their race team and they will move to German. If I agree with their offer, I will take advance class in order to make sure I can graduate early before I could follow them.”

                Everyone surprise to hear it as they know Karina had said that she never want to leave Japan. Karina laughs dryly and says, “I think it is the only way to move out from that house. I already sick to live in that house with those people. Forget about that bored matter and let’s go somewhere to fill our hunger.”

                “I know perfect place for it.” say Yuri with meaningful smile.

****************

                “Are you sure that you want to accept that offer?” ask Rin when they on the way to place that Yuri recommend to them.

                “I don’t know about it but I only want to find myself. I’m not like you guys who already confirm that will inherit your family’s wealth. When my aniki inherit the family business, I will have to leave the place and begin my life.” Say Karina.

                “EH?! You don’t want to work with your family’s company?” ask Rin.

                “I don’t want to continue working under my family even I know that will the best for me to do it. I want to find the meaning why I was borned in this world as I rarely get feel what is family.” Say Karina. She drive her car without want to say anything and the girls could see Karina’s face like hoping some miracle happen in her life.

**************

                “Wow, this is really delicious. You just change the chef?” ask Ryosuke and Yuri nods his head.

                “How you could guess it correctly?” Rin surprise to hear it.

                Karina wipes using napkin, “Of course he knows because he is glutton and regular in this restaurant. Ah, I need to leave now as something happen at my house. See you guys at school.” Karina leaves the place after say thank you to those who work there.

                “Weird, she always waits until desert is served no matter what happen in her house and fight with me.” Say Ryosuke.

                “What you think about her?” ask Rin.

                “Why you ask me? You can ask others about it.” say Ryosuke.

                “Of course she will ask you because both of you are cousin.” Say Yuto.

                “She not a normal girl as she always wants to become a boy. She said if she could change her gender to male, she could help her family. She always join the practice with everyone even her body weak and make her rarely honest with her own feeling. You may see she’s strong but she is fragile within her.” Say Ryosuke. Rin couldn’t respond anything and continue enjoy her meal.

*********

                Rin ask the driver to send her to Kuzuryu Household as she really worries about that girl. Even when she tries to make phone call to her, only reach to her voicemail. As soon she reaches there, the reply that she gets, “Karina-sama hasn’t reach home yet and nothing happen here.”

                “I thought she already reach home as I can’t reach her phone.” Say Rin.

                “Are you best friend of Karina-sama?” ask the butler with serious tone.

                Rin a bit surprise with it as before that, the butler talk in soft professional tone and answer, “I don’t know if she consider me as her best friend... just consider me as her friend.”

                “I want to ask a favour from you. Please look after Karina-sama for us.” say the butler as he slightly bows.

                “Is there anything happen to her?” ask Rin as she can’t hide her curious anymore. Butler rise his head and explain everything to Rin while make sure none of Kuzuryu member eavesdrop their conversation.

***************

                Rin couldn’t sleep at that night when remember her conversation with Kuzuryu’s butler, “Karina-sama always sacrifice everything that she want. She never wants to fight with her siblings about the inheritance. Her brother, Kazuo-sama said that he will make sure Karina-sama would never get a penny from Kuzuryu’s wealth when he takes over everything. It seem young master and Karina-sama’s sister, Kazuko-sama, already agree to kick Karina-sama out from the house as she’s actually really talented to take over the legacy. All of us really worry as she always spends time with us. I really hope you could help us about it.”

                Rin still try to understand what kind of help that she could offer to that girl. She clearly knows that girl never show what she thinks to anyone. She suddenly gets an idea and quickly reaches for her phone but realize something, “I have to call Ryosuke-san to ask help from him.... ah, I should only wait until tomorrow to make sure something.”

******************

                Rin decides to walk to reach school on that day but Julie offer her ride. On the way, Julie says, “I know you worry about Kuzuryu Karina but don’t let anyone know about it. That girl will only distract you when you want to ask about it.”

                “How you know?” ask Rin.

                “Do you want to know why Kuzuryu Karina and I really close?” Julie grabs Rin’s attention. “She is the most potential candidate among First and no ties in inherit family’s legacy but since beginning she told me that she has no interest to take over it. Many people want to marry with her but not because of create bond with Kuzuryu, everyone want to get her talent.”

                “Her talent?” Rin couldn’t understand what is mean by Julie.

                “Since she always follow her father doing businesses when she still little girl, she know tricks and strategies to rise up the profit for company. Not many know about this matter but most who know it is president of big companies.” Say Julie.

                “It a bit hard to believe when she look totally carefree.” Say Rin.

                “Yeah, but when she has problem, we will meet to talk and it usually happen in school as she doesn’t want to disturb me outside from school. She’s strong girl but she need someone who could support her and everyone try to do it even know no chance for them to success.” say Julie. Rin know that she needs to do something to help the girl even the chance almost none.

****************

                Rin waits for Karina to arrive at the lounge but no sign of that carefree girl and decide to meet that girl before the class. Until the end of the day, she couldn’t find that girl and begin worry. When everyone in the lounge, she asks, “Does any of you see Karina today?”

                “When you mention about it, I realize that she’s not in any class today.” Say Yuto who in same class with Karina. Even First is a group of student but not all of them in same class.

                “I realize that she’s not here and try to call her but only get to her voicemail.” Say Keito.

                “Why you suddenly want to find her?” ask Ryosuke coldly while his attention still on a magazine and receive smack from Yuri.

                Rin tries to find best words but she could only reply, “Hm... I have some kind of business with her.”

****************

                After school, Rin asks the driver to send her to the cafe that she work before become First. She decides to relax at place that always help her when she in desperate. She gets into the cafe and straight to sit at the bar. She chooses that seat because she could see those who work on order before deliver to customers.

                The cafe manager says, “It really hard to meet you after you move from this place.”

                “Ah, it really hard to keep up with those elite people. Their taste is completely different from what I used to.” Say Rin. She takes sip from her drink and enjoys the moment before notice something. She asks, “Can I go back there for awhile?”

                “Of course you can but I can’t accompany you there as I have to be at the front.” Say the cafe manager.

                Rin slowly walk to the back as she doesn’t want to disturb those who work hard in that cafe. She notice someone and surprise, “Karina-san, what are you doing in this place?”

                “Rin-chan, why you at this cafe?” ask Karina who clearly surprise to see her.