chapter 18

First

                Rin really surprise when see it is Daiki, someone that she know from the past. Both of them really close when she still lives with Walker Family and the one who always comfort her when she face bad day. She asks in surprise, “Daiki-san, why you’re here?”

                “Me? Here? I’m on the way to a place. I always come here when I want to eat strawberry cake. Nino Cake House always serves delicious cake that couldn’t find at other place.” Say Daiki. He really surprise to see her as he frequent there but never met Rin. They may already lost contact for several years but her feature still fresh in his memory.

                “You always come here?” ask Rin.

                “Yeah but not always since I busy with my works. I always come here when I need aspiration for my songs.” Say Daiki. He tells Rin that he begin work as composer when finish his high school at famous entertainment company. He asks back his first question, “Why you’re here?”

                “Oh, I begin live and work here.” Say Rin.

                Daiki surprise to hear it and asks, “I thought you will become heiress for Kitagawa Group.”

                Rin asks how he could know about it and the reply she gets, “Oh, company that I currently work for is under them. It seem our president really happy when get suitable person that he confident to give the company and because of that, most of our project easily get approval as he super strict before this.”

                “I already leave that place as I only bring burden to everyone.” Say Rin.

                Daiki chuckles and says, “You always like that. Put yourself behind others and put all the blames on you. I thought when you run away from that place, you will change but it seems still same.”

                “It hard to change what I already used to it. They are great person but I’m just useless person since there’s nothing I could do when someone need my help. I always depend on them every time I’m in problem.” Rin let out everything in her mind.

                He pats Rin’s head gently, “You should think about them. Don’t they worry that you’re suddenly missing?” That question make Rin thinks back about her action but nothing come to her mind.

*******************

                Reika decide to walk at hospital garden to clean up her mind. She greets people around her with smile and some of them ask why she gets admit into hospital. She could only reply, “I just want to understand how it feels when you guys stay here.”

                “You’re such a great lady as you give support to people like us. You show how beautiful the life it.” Say one of the patients.

                Reika feel wrong and says, “I’m not that kind of person. I also have bad side that will make everyone scared of me.”

                “That’s make what the life is.” Say the person.

Reika thinks about it but her thinking being disturbed by someone’s voice, “You should just enjoy your life and never regret with whatever you choose in your life.”

She surprise as it is Yuto and she know Yuto has meeting on that day for upcoming tea ceremony. Yuto pushes her wheelchair to return inside the building as he wants to tell something to her. While on the way, Reika says, “If you want to tell me about Rin’s disappearance, I already know about it.”

                Yuto really surprise to hear it, “Where do you hear it?”

                “Karina-chan seems restless these few days and it only happen when one of us in trouble. She always in hurry that makes me decides to ask my brother about what happen.” Say Reika. She’s just lucky to have brother who really bad in cheating people.

                Yuto couldn’t hide it anymore and says, “You’re right and it seem Karina work harder than before this but never let any of them to help her. She begins skip classes without telling any of us about what happen.”

                “Of course she won’t let you guys to help her. You guys already busy with company right now, deshou? If you guys do too many jobs, it will affect the company’s reputation.” Reika says that make Yuto smiles gently, “I think if you’re okay, you also will join her to search for Rin.”

*****************

                Karina drives her car until arrive at Nino Cake House. She seems tired to search for Rin for that day and decide to relax at that place. Nino meets her, “Wah, you already grow up since the last time I met you.”

                “Yeah, after many things happen. I really hope Yumika-chan still alive right now. She really love your cake and can’t stop talking about it until the end.” Say Karina as she takes her seat at hidden table. She really wants to relax without anyone knows she’s there.

                Nino leaves the table for awhile and returns with a plate of cake and hot tea. He says, “Enjoy your time here as I know you really need it.”

                “Arigatou, Nino-san.” Smile Karina before she enjoys her cake. She doesn’t notice Rin that pass-by at the front of the shop as she only thinks about cake in front of her eyes. She thinks to bring back some for her friends.

                Her phone ringing and it show name of one of her family’s client. She answers it, “Hello, this is Kuzuryu.”

                “Kuzuryu-san, this is Sakurai-sama’s assistant and I want to remind you about meeting tomorrow. It seems Sakurai-sama want to remodel the security system for their branch at Kyoto.” Say his secretary.

                Karina leaves out huge sigh as take out her planner from her bag to check something, “I thought it will be Ryuhei-san in charge of it.”

                “It seems Ryuhei-sama want you to take over it.” Say the secretary and Karina note down everything that she need to know for tomorrow. She finishes her cake and order for several pieces to bring it back. She knows she needs to get enough rest tonight as she has big meeting tomorrow.

**********************

                “Are you sure you don’t want to return back to your friends? I’m sure they really miss you.” Say Daiki when both of them arrive at food shop.

                Rin shook her head, “I don’t want to return there if I only bring problem for them. Anyway, thank you for send me here.”

                Daiki her head and says, “If you need anything, I always ready to help you.”

                Rin get into the place and notice Takeuchi already begin make preparation for that day. Rin quickly apologizes, “I’m sorry for taking too long time to go out.”

                “It’s okay, Rin-chan because today is your off-day. You don’t have to worry if you’re late.” Say Takeuchi as his hand busy chopping things. Rin get into her room to change clothes and when she at staircase, she hear familiar’s voice that is it Karina, “Do you see anyone who look like this before?”

                “No since no one from wealthy family will come here.” Say Takeuchi and that make Rin guess he see photo of her.

                The door open and Rin hears, “Karina-sama, it already time for you to return home. You still have dinner with your family today.”

                Rin only show herself when she hear those two people leave the shop. She asks, “Who is it?”

                “I don’t know who is her but she shows picture of you.” Say Takeuchi that make her surprise and continue, “Don’t worry about that since I don’t want to lose great worker for this shop.”

                Rin seem worry if Karina manage to ask other people and Takeuchi notice her could think about that, “She seem come to this place first as other place busy make preparation and no one could pay attention to her.”

                Rin says, “She really likes to do things on her own pace.”

                “I wonder if she is okay since her face look really tired and people that come to take her seem really careful with her to bring her away, like handling fragile things.” Say Takeuchi.

*******************

                Ryosuke can’t stop thinking about Rin’s disappearance, “Why she suddenly missing? Why I keep thinking about her?”

                He couldn’t sleep at night and decide to drive around without anyone knows about it. He make stop at playground that he used to play with Karina and Yumika even that sick girl only watch them. He gets off from the car but notice someone there, playing at swing. He feel goosebumps and begin imagine it is unrest spirit that haunted the place.

                He feels relieve when realize it is Karina but really worry to see that girl has face that he only saw during Yumika’s death. He gets near and asks, “What are you doing here? You supposedly have dinner with your family.”

                “I ditch that dinner as they only want to talk about Oyaji want to gives his place to Ryuhei-san. They could just inform me from phone as I busy with something. How could I think about that when my sister currently missing?” complain Karina.

                Ryosuke takes swing beside her and says, “You shouldn’t force yourself to do all these things. You can ask help from us.”

                “No, I can’t do that! It about my own blood and flesh, and you guys busy with many things while I want Reika-chan to get enough rest.” Say Karina.

                “For what you sacrifice your rest? You only torture yourself.” Scold Ryosuke.

                Karina stands up and shouts, “Just concern about yourself! I will torture myself until I get what I want!” She wants to leave that place but her head feel dizzy and lose control of her own body. Ryosuke quickly catch her body to help her stand back. She says, “Leave me alone!”

                “Karina-chan! You’re my cousin and I don’t want anything happen to you!” say Ryosuke with concern.

                Karina pushes him to the ground before run towards the road but she doesn’t notice fast-moving car hit her. It happens in seconds to Ryosuke digest everything and when he back to reality, Karina laying on the road with bleeding injuries. He begins get déjà vu that he will lose another person, “Karina!”

****************

                First rush to the ER when hear the news. Reika is the first one who arrives there as she lives in that hospital. She grabs Ryosuke’s collar, “Why this could happen? Are you tried to kill my sister, your bastard!”

                Ryosuke can’t say anything due the shock and stare to blood stain on his clothes. Yuto quickly rushes towards them to pull Reika away to calm her down. He says, “It is not his fault. It is the drunk driver’s fault.”

                Karina’s family arrive few minutes after that but don’t attack Ryosuke like Reika did as they could see Ryosuke in shock with what happen. Keito really worry about what happen and could only hope everything will be fine for his lover. He in middle of discussion with someone called Daiki about their new project that involves new singers.

Flashback~~

                Keito get the phone call and confuse on what he should do; rush to the hospital or continue the discussion. Daiki could see it and says, “It’s better if you go there rather than you stay here. I’m sure this discussion won’t go anywhere in right now situation. We can continue this discussion later.”

                “But it will take your busy time again.” Say Keito in worry.

                Daiki is busy person as he involve with many music projects but the reply that he gives, “It is okay as there are some part that I found uncertain and need to make changes. I want to make a bit modification before tell you back. You should go there as she is your lover and you must want to be there.”

                “I just don’t want to run away from this discussion or papa will scold me again.” Keito know his father really want him to get good result for that discussion.

                Daiki smiles before says, “Don’t worry about it as I will handle it. I will tell him that I need more time to make changes.”

                “Thank you.” Say Keito before rush to leave the room and ride his car to speed towards the hospital.

End of flashback~~

*****************

                Daiki get into the food shop where Rin works and get happily welcome, “Welcome, Daiki-san.”

                “Arigatou, Rin-san but I’m not here to eat. I think I need to inform you about this thing.” Say Daiki seriously.

                Rin begin feels worry, “Okay… what is it?”

                “Your friend, Kuzuryu Karina just gets involve in accident.” Say Daiki. Rin stop her movement because shock of the news but only for awhile. She continues her works like nothing happen. Daiki asks, “You don’t want to visit her?”

                “I’m busy here and it may hard for me to leave this town.” Say Rin. Daiki seem worry with Rin’s attitude that still want to avoid her friends when they really need them.

                After finish eating there, Daiki decide to check on what happen at the hospital. He really hopes Rin could return to her friends but it seems his hope like bubble in the sea. He asks the receptionist, “Can I know where patient is named Kuzuryu Karina being place?”

                The receptionist check something on computer before says, “I’m sorry but that patient still in ER room.” That answer make Daiki think Rin’s friend in critical condition. He thanks the receptionist before leave the building.

************

                “Why it takes too long inside there?” ask Keito who can’t stand to wait anymore.

                Suddenly, they hear sound of little girl’s crying and Keito know it is one of Karina’s nieces, Miko. Miko runs to Keito and says, “I don’t want Karina-san die. She already promises that she will buy me present for my birthday.”

                Keito lower his body until same level with Miko, pat her head gently and says, “Don’t worry because she will be fine. You know your aunt really strong and this thing won’t make her died that easy.”

                “No, I met her in my dream and she says goodbye to me.” Cries Miko that make Keito gaps. He keeps saying in his mind that is just a dream.

******************

                Rin stays at rooftop after everyone sleep as she wants to calm herself. She talks to herself, “I wonder what will happen if oto-san didn’t die in accident? First of all, I won’t get involve with Walker Family. Wah, it must noisy every morning as four of us will have different personality. We will share dreams together, fight together, laugh together and cry together. Maybe Yumika’s diseases could treat early but we may not meet the boys. Maa… it is better than losing people that I love.”

                She still confuse if she should go there to know about Karina’s condition or not. She knows if she leaves that place, she won’t come back there anymore which she hates it. She wants to stay there forever as that place accepts her without care of her past or identity. She comes out with decision, “I won’t leave this place no matter what happen.”

                Then, she hears sound of luxury car pass-by place and stop at the bridge near to the shop. She really surprise to see it is Ryosuke that make her quickly hide herself to avoid being notice. She never thinks he will come there and could hear Ryosuke cries, “Everything happen because my fault. Before this I kill Yumika-chan and now, I may cause Karina’s death. I couldn’t protect anyone around me even I already promise to protect them.”

*******************

                Karina walks at the place that gives calmness that she never finds. She seem okay to walk there even only wearing white one-piece dress as she really like the place but suddenly she notice someone waiting for her. She could recognize the person based on pictures that she keeps with her, “Papa…”

                “Wah, I really happy to see you know me.” Say Hiromasa. Karina runs to him and hug while crying. He pats her head gently and says, “I’m happy to see you already grow up into this wonderful girl.”

                “Papa, why you left us too soon? I always want to meet you when I know about you. Those people keep avoiding my question about you.” Say Karina between sobs.

                “I know… I always watch over you and know you’re strong girl. You always do things to make sure everything like what you want but you need to have strong-heart to make it last longer.” Say Hiromasa. Karina begin stop crying and he continues, “I don’t know what kind of future you will have but remember, I always love your mother and only wish for her happiness.”

                At other place, the medic team still work hard to rescue Karina in emergency room but sudden beep sound really make everyone anxious as it may sign of the end of the girl’s life. One of them decides to tell the condition to everyone that wait outside the room, “Right now, her condition in critical state and we will try our best to stable her.”