Chapter 3

First

                That day, Rin decides to stay at school library after school to make revision as the test only left 2 weeks for her to make preparation. She confirms others in First already leave the lounge as they busy with their works. She manages to concentrate on revision and it takes 2 hours to finish it. Her heart seem calling her to go back to First Lounge before return home.

                She gets into the lounge and realizes none of them already go back home yet. She unconsciously ask, “Why you guys still here?”

                “Oh, since it only 2 weeks before test, all of us need to hold our works and only focus on studies. If you have question, you can ask us and we will help each other.” answer Yuto before return his focus back to books.

                Rin wants to say something but a guy gets into the lounge and says, “Long time no see, minna.”

                Rin wonder who is it and Yuri says, “He is Yaotome Hikaru, our senpai. He also known Karina’s rumoured boyfriend.”

                “Why you say like that?” Rin can’t finish ask the question when see Hikaru runs to Karina and hug her while says, “I really miss you, Karina-chan.”

                “Hikaru-kun, why you suddenly come here? You told me that you’re busy with your new project at Taiwan.” Say Karina. She seems surprise to see Hikaru there while try to break the hug.

                “I already told you that I will come back Japan today to meet you. It really sad when you didn’t come to airport to fetch me.” Say Hikaru before pout.

                “I had mentioned to you that my car in workshop and I have class today. I bet you forget to check your mail before reach here.” Say Karina.

                “Let’s go out to play today.” Say Hikaru while pulls Karina’s hand like little kids.

                “I need to study right now.” Say Karina but Hikaru keep saying, “Only for today.” After few minutes, Karina gives up and packs her things before follow Hikaru leave the lounge.

                When they confirm Karina already leave the place, Ryosuke ask, “How you know Karina?”

                “Yeah, everyone curious about it but Karina never wants to tell us even we ask her.” Say Keito. It seems everyone really curious about Rin’s relationship with Karina.

                “We only meet few times before this. If I’m not mistaken the time we first met was 3 years ago.” Say Rin.

                “3 years ago? That was the time when she runs away from the house after big fight with her family, right?” say Ryosuke. It totally cause ruckus as Kuzuryu Family as Mr Kuzuryu uses his people and people from Yamada Family to find her which make Ryosuke remember about it.

                “She gets into fight with group of yakuza who in middle of beating an old man that make problem. I really amazes with her fight skill and it really fast but cause deadly damage. Then, I ask her why she did that and her answer is she want to do something to overcome her boredness at that time. I bring her back to my house to treat her wound. I ask her where she lives but she only said that she live in big mansion.” Say Rin.

                “Maa, that Karina’s style of answer every time people ask where she lives.” say Reika.

                “She stayed at my house for few days and helps me at my work place. Before this, I work as dish-washer at a restaurant. I get feeling that she is not normal girl that we used to see at streets. A week after that, a of people in suit come and grabs Karina but she hit all of them easily.” Say Rin. She continues, “Before she leave, she give me her contact information and told me if I need any help, just contact her but I never ask help from her as I don’t want to disturb her.”

                “But it really great that both of you still recognize each other after 3 years. People tend to forget things long time ago.” Say Yuri.

                “It was her come to cafe that I work.” Say Rin.

****************

                Karina and Hikaru play at amusement park and have fun. Then, they take sit at bench to relax for awhile. Karina says, “Wah, it really fun to come here. I will only come here when I’m with you.”

                “I bring you here because I know you would never come here without me. You always keep your thinking inside your mind and build wall with everyone.” Say Hikaru.

                “It can’t be helped. I have to build it to avoid anyone hurt me.” Say Karina.

                “You still afraid that will happen again. You should begin learn to act like lady if you want people respect you as lady.” Say Hikaru.

                “Even I want to act like lady; the effort will end half-way. That mansion makes my personality like this.” Say Karina as she looks at herself. Hikaru could see the girl’s eyes actually full with negative feeling that being hide behind her long-build wall.

                “Ha~~!! You should learn to enjoy your day by overcome everything.” Say Hikaru as he pats Karina’s head.

                “I want to enjoy my day but my life would never let me to do it. That’s why I jealous with you. You could even make people smile and laugh with you.” Say Karina.

                “Karina, both of us face almost same situation but the way for us to face it may not same. Everyone has their own unique answer in how they face their challenge in life.” Say Hikaru. Karina giggles at it and Hikaru says, “Don’t laugh when I say something serious to you.”

                “But it really rare for you to be like that. You even better than oyaji about this matter. He only knows about management of family but rarely care about his children and his wife only know to spend time to ‘teach’ her people.” Say Karina.

                “His wife? Doesn’t it mean she is your mom?” ask Hikaru.

                “Could someone who only give birth to me without even care to take care of me good enough to be call as my mom?” ask Karina but it seem she ask that question to herself.

                “You’re strong girl that everyone approved but I know that you actually suffer from all of these things and want to let it out. It just you don’t know how to do it, right?” Say Hikaru that really hit her.

                “Let’s forget about it for now. Let’s ride roller coaster again.” Say Karina. Hikaru agree as he knows that girl want to let out all her feeling for that day.

*********************

                Hikaru only send Karina back home when it already turns dark. Ryuhei notice it from inside and couldn’t help feel really irritated with the sight. Karina hugs Hikaru and says, “Arigatou for today. I really happy to spend time with you.”

                “Of course because I’m light that bring happiness to everyone and...” Hikaru take out a charm bracelet, “... this is for you.”

                “Arigatou, it really lovely.” Say Karina. It has three lockets; love, flower and lucky clover.

                “It is good luck for you to become lady in future. I have to get back to Taiwan by first flight tomorrow. When I come back to Japan, we will go out for date again. It’s a promise.” Say Hikaru. Karina nods her head to answer it. Hikaru kisses her forehead before get into the car and leave the compound.

                Karina watches the car disappear from her sight and she walks to get into the mansion. She doesn’t realize fierce eyes on her as she really happy on that day. She keeps the charm bracelet in her bag and humming her favourite songs.

                When she almost turns the knob to her room, someone grab her wrist and push her towards the wall. It is Ryuhei who did that and he asks, “Who is that guy?”

                “He is my senpai.” Say Karina while try to stand the pain from her back and wrist.

                “What kind of senpai bring you out until dark outside and kiss your forehead?” ask Ryuhei.

                Karina struggles with the grab and says, “It’s none of your business and let me go!”

                “No, it still has limit between senpai and kouhai. How could you cheat on me with that guy? You know I really love you but you did this to me.” say Ryuhei.

                “Why would I cheat on you? You’re my brother in-law for heaven’s sake and I can go out with anyone that I want and like without your concern.” Say Karina. She pushes Ryuhei away from her and dashes into her room before lock it. Her body couldn’t stop shivering after what happen. She goes to bathroom and stand under hot shower with hope everything would disappear.

**********************

                Keito just get on his car when he gets mail from Karina that asks him to take her to school. Keito really happy to read the mail and happily drive his car to Kuzuryu’s Mansion. As soon he arrives there, Karina hop in his car and says, “Ohayou, Keito-kun.”

                “Ohayou.” Say Keito. Then, he notice a man seem chase towards his car while Karina ask him quickly leave the place. Keito speed off his car and could hear Karina mutters, “Yokatta~~!!”

                “What happen? Who is that man?” ask Keito.

                “He is my brother in-law and really persistent guy. Even he married to my sister and has three daughters, he still saying that he love me and want to be with me.” Say Karina.

                Keito a bit surprise to hear it as it is his first time to hear it. He says, “It is rare for you to tell something like that to anyone.”

                “Don’t tell anyone about it. It really troublesome to explain everything to them and thanks to let me ride your car.” Say Karina.

                “You can ride my car any time you want.” Say Keito. Both of them laugh on the way to Rankou Gakuen. Everyone surprise to see Karina and Keito arrive school in same car. Ryosuke notice it and says, “Wah, don’t say that both of you already become lover.”

                “We just happen meet together and he offers the ride. I storm out from house in rage and forget that driver already wait for me.” Say Karina. She goes to her favourite spot in the lounge and take out things before she begin her studies. First rarely go to class when it closes to test as they like to spend time in their own lounge to do studies.

*******************

                When come to lunch break, the girls go to cafeteria while the boys already receive bento boxes from their fans. They take sit at a table and waiter serves meals for them. Reika asks, “Rin how’s the lesson for KG?”

                “It tiresome but I can do it. I don’t want to give up after work hard to get accept.” Say Rin.

                “That’s good. We don’t want to read those complicated data again. We will not say work hard to you as First also run away from it.” say Reika. Rin seems confuse with it and Karina explains, “6 of us also candidate for Kitagawa Generation but since all of us already tied with our family, we decide to help Julie-san when she need our help.”

                “So, the existence of First...” Rin couldn’t continue her words as Karina cuts, “A group of students for Julie-san and Kitagawa-san do what they already plan for this school and outside. First may look as popular as popular students’ group but at both of those people’s eyes, we are their tools to achieve what they want. We also struggle to balance everything for both sides.”