Chapter 9

First

                On the next morning, Karina wakes up early to get ready for the important day. She plans to have fun at Okamoto’s Music Festival and watch Keito’s performance. She always wants to watch his performance but he never want to show it as he want to make preparation for the festival.

                Kurokawa get near her and says, “You look beautiful, ojou-sama.”

                Karina suddenly blushes to hear it and shutter, “I—I’m not that b-beautiful. I even look w-weird in these clothes.”

                She is wearing Black knee-length Dress, simple necklace with matching shoes and let her long hair loose after Namikawa help her to style a bit to make her look nice with simple make-up. Kurokawa smiles and says, “You look beautiful in it and I’m sure everyone who meet you, will fall in love with you.”

                “Butler always says good things to their master or mistress.” Pout Karina. She takes a final look of herself in the mirror before take her handbag to leave the room. When she wants to step out from the house, a phone call disturbs her and she casually answers it before her face turn to pale.

***************

                “Are you sure she will come here today?” ask Keito when he’s get ready. No one ever come to tell him that Karina already there.

                Yuto who happen to be there with Yuri and Ryosuke to watch his performance says, “Maybe she’s late as we leave her house at midnight. You also know she is heavy sleeper.”

                The door suddenly burst out and shows it is Rin but she seemed just running for long distance. They ask why she like that and she reply, “I just get the phone call from her butler. He said... Karina can’t come here today.”

                Keito really surprise of it and asks why, “Karina’s sister in middle of operation right now. She suddenly gets involve with accident and everyone at the hospital struggle to save both her sister and the baby.”

                “Which hospital that her sister admits?” ask Keito. He totally forgets about his performance as in his mind only worry about Karina.

*****************

                First arrive at Hakushika Hospital and rush to emergency area. They notice Karina sit a bit far from everyone and Reika in middle of calm her down. They get near her and see that girl’s eyes already red because of crying. They really surprise to see her like that as in their eyes, Karina is strong girl,

                Karina says between sobs, “Even nee-chan and me not really close but... I don’t want her to... die. I don’t.... want to lose her.... or my live would be... worse forever.”

                “Just calm down and don’t think too much about that thing.” Say Keito as he hugs Karina’s head. Everyone really worry about Kazuko but Keito is more worry about Karina as he knows if something happen to his lover’s sister, her brother in-law would do what he plan to do.

                After several minutes, Karina slowly closes her eyes after tired crying and Keito shake lightly while says, “You shouldn’t sleep at place like this”. The place begins turn chaos as she doesn’t respond to Keito’s shake. Before this, she would glare to anyone who disturb her sleep and continue her sleep. Reika quickly order some nurse to bring Karina into examination room as she knows something wrong happen to her friend.

                “Please, waiting at outside.” Say the nurse when Keito want to get into the room. Reika pats his shoulder and says, “They want to do their work and we can’t disturb them.”

********************

                Mr. Kuzuryu feels really relieve when the paramedic success to safe Kazuko and her newly-born baby but he can’t stop worrying as Karina still in examination room. He gets near Keito and asks, “Are you my daughter’s lover?”

                Keito surprise to get the question but manage to replay, “Yes, I’m Okamoto Keito. I’m sorry for late introduction.”

                “I already know who are you and I hope you could help me to take care of my daughter. She always acts strong but she is weak-hearted person.” Say Mr. Kuzuryu and Keito don’t know what he should say at that moment. The famous hot-blooded president says as he pats Keito’s shoulder before leave, “I will check on her after visit Kazuko.”

                Then, only left First who still there, wants to know about Karina’s condition. Keito can’t stop moving from side to side that make Ryosuke irritated with his action. He want to hit Keito but Yuto quickly says, “Keito, it is better that you sit down or you will get bruise.”

                “We know you worry about her and same goes with us but please, just calm down.” Say Reika.

                After several minutes, the doctor leave the room and report everything to Reika, “It just her blood pressure suddenly low and maybe it because her sister also in same situation just now. It may weird but she’s fine.”

                Reika tell everything to Mr. Kuzuryu when he arrive in Karina’s ward room and he reply, “It seem their bond still strong even they not close like before this. Every time Kazuko sick, Karina also sick and vice versa.”

                Mrs. Kuzuryu get near to the bed and pat her daughter’s head while saying, “I just can’t believe she will grow up so fast. Unlike her siblings, she already learns to survive in her own way.”

                “I really hope she could get close with her siblings like before this. Three of them could take over my company easily when they join force as each of them has their own speciality.” Say Mr. Kuzuryu.

                Ryosuke understand the situation says, “But they would never want to join force as they think Karina-chan will get more share in this matter.”

                Mr. Kuzuryu nods and says, “Too many things happen in this unique family and hard to handle it by outsider.”

                “Because only we could handle it.” Say Karina who wake up. She straight her body to sit and look towards her father after listen everything. She only acts like she’s still asleep due to medicine effect as she knows something will happen.

                Keito helps her to fix her sitting posture on the bed and says, “I never think you’re that strong.”

                “I don’t have choice if I want to survive myself.” Say Karina and no one would disagree with her.

                After awhile, the nurse asks everyone to leave the place but Keito decide to look after her with permission of Reika. Reika sends First to front door of the hospital and tell them, “If she shows good result, Karina will get discharge from hospital tomorrow.”

                Everyone agree and leave the place except Yuto. He says, “If there’s anything happen to her, tell me as soon as possible. I don’t want we lose any member no matter what happen.”

                “I know as each of us want to spend time together at Lounge again.” Say Reika and Yuto take her hand before kiss it. It seems both of them hide something from everyone but they try to act like normal.

*****************

                “Why I need to send you to go back home?” ask Ryosuke while driving the car.

                Rin cross her arms and says, “It’s not like what I want but Yuri-kun and Keito-kun want you to send me as we live in same way.”

                “You should learn to drive car, Yumika...” Ryosuke realize that he calls Rin with Yumika and quickly says, “...I mean Rin.”

                Rin want to ask about Yumika but she realizes something, “It is first time for you to call me with my name, right? You only call me with ‘hey’ or ‘you’ when want to talk with me.”

                “It doesn’t give any different about what I call you.” Say Ryosuke. He focuses on his driving and Rin looks outside the window to enjoy the view. None of them want to say anything at that moment as they don’t know what to talk even both of them worry about same person.

                Ryosuke doesn’t say anything even when arrive at Kitagawa’s Mansion as he just drive away after drop-off Rin. Rin get into the house and one of maid asks, “Rin-sama, do you need anything right now?”

                “I don’t need anything and I want to rest in my room.” Say Rin as she walks towards her room. She could hear the maid says that she has dinner with Julie and Johnny that night but too tired to respond for it.

                “Rin, I already watch your performance and honestly, I really impressive with it. I never saw such a great person like you.” Say Johnny while they in middle of dinner.

                “I also surprise to see your rank during last test. You just below Yuri’s rank; second with different point 3. You’re such a genius, Rin.” Praise Julie. Rin feels really happy to hear it as she work really hard to meet up their expectation on her. She feels grateful to meet such amazing people in her life that give her chance to improve herself.

********************

                Keito take care of Karina until he falls asleep at bed side. Karina takes out her phone to ask Reika to bring extra blanket and get into the room without making noise. Reika return to the room and give blanket to her while asking, “Why you suddenly want extra blanket?”

                Karina wake up from her lay and put the blanket on sleeping Keito’s body, “He may caught cold if he sleep without blanket.”

                “You such a nice girlfriend; always worry about your boyfriend.” Say Reika before leave the room. She leans against the door and leave out sigh while looking to the ground. She always wants to deny the fact that she’s jealous with Karina’s life; people always have eyes on her as that girl knows almost everything that she wants.

                “Reika-nee, why you seem down today?” ask one of kids when meet her at the lobby. They seem worry to see Reika at that moment but she only reply with smile and says that’s she really tired on that day.

                She returns to her room and sit on the couch to relax herself. She closes her eyes to relax herself while saying, “You would never become someone like her. You just normal girl that luckily have better look than her.”

***************

                On the next day, Karina decides to visit her sister and the new baby. Keito pushes her wheelchair as the doctor doesn’t let her to walk as her condition still weak and open the door. It seems everyone has works to do as only Kazuko and his son in that room.

                Kazuko says weakly, “Karina-chan, this is your new nephew, Koki.”

                “Koki? That is same name with my senpai in race.” Say Karina. She touches the baby and smiles.

                “I choose that name because i want him to confident with his life like your senpai. I had met him once when you run away from the house and he never care what people say to him.” Say Kazuko. It seems the tense air that always surrounds both of them when meet disappear at that moment.

                “Koki; vast and strong. Nice name for upcoming heir of Kuzuryu.” Comment Karina as Ryuhei get married with Kazuko and change surname to Kuzuryu.

                “Karina, are you sure you don’t want to fight for the company?” ask Kazuko. Even she and Kazuo want to fight to get share in their family company but their younger sister doesn’t have interest with it.

                Karina cuddles the baby and says, “I don’t want to fight with something that I don’t have interest with it. I still want to find what I want to do in my life and I’m still high school student. Kawaii na Koki... Keito, look at him, he has Kazuko-nee’s eyes.”

                “But to me, it has your eyes.” Say Keito.

                “Easy to say, me, Kazuo and you has same eyes and Koki inherit it too.” Say Kazuko. Both of them spend time in that room for several hours before leave to give time for both mom and baby to rest. Keito pushes the wheelchair to garden to let Karina enjoy fresh breeze.

                Karina takes deep breath and says, “Ah, it feels really calm to be here. Why I can’t get discharge even they said I can get out yesterday?”

                “It because when they check you this morning, you’re not in condition that could be discharge from hospital yet.” Say Keito. He doesn’t return to his house as he only wants to be at Karina’s side. His butler send clothes this morning when Karina still asleep.

                They didn’t realize that someone look towards them with a hatred in the eyes. The person really hopes something will happen to that girl. There is a pack of sweets on the table along with an opened bottle of poison and the liquid inside it already gone.