Chapter 20

First

                It has already been a month since everyone turns chaos with Karina’s critical condition. Right now, everyone seems act like nothing and no one say anything about it. First spend their time in their lounge after long class period end. Yuto listen to music while his hands busy tapping the table before it move tapping Ryosuke at his head. Ryosuke shouts in annoyance, “What’s your problem right now?”

                “He only needs more area to play his drum.” Comment Keito as he put aside his guitar after finish compose new music.

                Reika finishes her homework before says, “You guys really need to finish your homework. Sensei already piss-off when none of you submit his work today.”

                “It can’t be helped since all of us really busy.” say Yuri.

                Keito take a look at the watch and quickly get ready for leave. He smile to his friends before says, “I don’t want to be late again or it will be hard to comfort her again. Last time, I have to buy many different of sweets for her.”

                “Send regards from us.” Say Reika. They don’t have any intention to follow him even already know where he want to go. They just want to give space for him with his lover together.

                Keito drives his car towards Karina’s house and happily get into the place without care to ring the bell. He walks until reach in a room where someone lay on the bed while read book. He says, “I already told you to relax but you never want to listen to me, Karina-chan.”

                She smiles, “I only want to get ready for upcoming test and it really hard when I hardly come to class. I already left many things from school.”

                “You don’t have to worry about it and today, I bring your favorite white chocolate.” Say Keito.

                Karina surprise as she knows her favorite chocolate really hard to get where it produce daily by hand with small quantity and it make her want to get up but her wound still hurt, makes her shriek a bit. Keito quickly push her back to bed, “You still recovering, don’t push yourself too much. I will give it to Namikawa to serve for you.”

                “Arigatou, Keito-kun.” Say Karina. She leave out sigh before says, “Ah, I never think I still could survive after those condition that you told me. I finally think I could spend all my time with papa when meet him.”

                “I won’t let it happen without my permission. I already promise to you that I will take care of you and I don’t want to think of losing you.” Say Keito as he Karina’s face gently.

                “You want to know…” Karina holds Keito’s hand that her face, “…I told papa about my dream if he doesn’t die and he said he doesn’t want it happen since he want we to be happy with our current life.”

                “I’m glad to hear that because it shows your papa accepts me too. I know you don’t want to stay home but wait until you fully recover.” Say Keito. Karina actually survives from that moment where everyone almost lost hope and it really surprising when her condition suddenly becomes normal. She still can’t move around as she has to perform surgery as they found a tumor inside her body and it takes time to recover. She really wants to go back to school but her doctor advice her to take full-rest at home.

                Karina pout, “I want to return school as soon as possible. It really bored to stay home alone.”

                “I know about that and that’s why I always come here. I invite others too but it seem they really busy with their works. Even you say that you’re alone, Namikawa-san and Kurokawa-san are here for you.” Say Keito.

                “That’s different issue but I know about you guys busy especially Ryosuke-kun since I talk with his father few days ago and could hear he’s nagging about him that keeps slacking from works.” Say Karina. Keito spend time there just to make sure his lover won’t feel bored.

*******************

                Rin feel really tired on that day and decide to rest early from her work. Takeuchi is the one who ask her to rest early when notice her face on that day really pale. She lie on the bed and close her eyes to get rest even she doesn’t want it. She never knows that night will become the moment where she meet someone that she never think she would met.

                “Yatta, I finally meet you, Yuki-chan.” Say someone who has same face with her. The girl runs and hugs Rin happily.

                Rin surprise as no one ever call her like that unless, “…are you Yumika-chan or should I say Aki-chan?”

                “You know my name. I’m happy to hear it.” Say Yumika.

                “Am I dead? Since I could meet you.” Say Rin who worry about what will happen.

                Yumika giggles, “Of course not, we in your dream right now and I really want to meet you. I heard from papa that he went to meet Karina-chan before this. That make really jealous as I always want to meet the person who make Ryosuke-chan worry and anxious when you’re not around.”

                “What do you mean by that?” ask Rin in confusion.

                Yumika smiles, “I watch you ever since long time and it really interesting to watch you. I always worry if Ryosuke-chan couldn’t move on after my death. I’m happy when you finally join them but I couldn’t stop worrying over him. You also need to honest with yourself as I know you like him.”

                “EH?! Me like him? That would be impossible since he keep treating like outsider.” Say Rin.

                “He always like that; always expresses his feeling by doing rude things towards something he likes except for ichigo. He doesn’t know how to put it in nice words. The only way he could use nice words…I think mostly to his family members.” Say Yumika.

                Rin says, “He always fight with Karina-chan and sometimes it make me worry. Those cousins really hard to handle sometimes.”

                “She seems energetic ever since the last time I met her. It seem she will be out of control again as no one could hold her.” say Yumika.

                “Who you think could control her?” ask Rin curiously.

                “I think that kind of question, only you could find the answer.” Say Yumika with gentle smile. Rin want to ask more but bright light shine on them that make Rin cover her eyes and when she open her eyes back, she already in her room.

                She check the clock and realize it still early; 3 in the morning. She couldn’t help herself to wonder if she makes correct decision or not. She decides to take a walk to clean up her messy mind. She makes sure no one realize that she’s going out.

                She walks at the empty street while thinking over something and totally forgets to guard up. A car stops not far from them and rushes towards her before asks, “What are you doing here?”

                She really surprise to see it is Ryosuke. She wants to run away from him but he already grabs tightly her hand to avoid it happen. Ryosuke repeat his question but with stern tone, “What are you doing here?”

                Somehow, that question makes everyone inside Rin want to explode, “I don’t want to bring burden to all of you. I couldn’t do anything like others could do. I also want to stop myself to like you!” She doesn’t realize she let out something that she want to keep within her forever and quickly cover when finally realize it.

                “You… like me?” Ryosuke also surprise to hear that.

                Rin’s tears streaming down, “I never understand why I like someone like you. You would only see me like recreation of Yumika-chan but I can’t stop myself.”

                “That’s what you’re thinking but I never see you as Yumika-chan. You’re different from her as you’re alive and she’s dead.” Say Ryosuke.

                Rin surprise to hear it and says, “What are you talking like that? She is your girlfriend even already gone.”

                “It was her who wants me to move on and find my own happiness. I never understand that until I met you. You taught me many things about life that I never care before. When you’re gone, I realize that I feel empty. People may think you’re replacement of Yumika-chan but for me… not.” Ryosuke gently pull her head and let it rest on his shoulder. He whispers, “I’m sorry. I’m not mad with you on purpose but I can’t stand to see everyone worry about you especially Karina-chan. Never think that you’re burden to us as we help each other.”

                “I don’t want to return there as I’m not suitable with all of you anymore. I only involve with all of you because of I join Kitagawa Generation but now, not anymore. I’m just a girl who tries really hard for my life.” Say Rin.

                Ryosuke doesn’t say anything until Rin calm down before says, “Julie-san still waiting for your return. It seems Johnny-san doesn’t want anyone else to take over your place.”

                “I don’t tell I could get back there as I already used to live here. This town hold memories of my parent when my father still alive. I really want to treasure it.” Say Rin.

                “I know you really treasure it but could you think about other people who worry about you. Even Karina-chan get involve in accident just to search for you. Return to us and think the consequence later.” Say Ryosuke. He adds, “I don’t care if you don’t think about me but just think about your sisters.”