Chapter 17

First

                Karina suddenly get phone call from someone and talk for awhile before tell others, “It seem they detect her at our father’s grave.”

                “How you could detect her? We try to detect by her phone but nothing could be found.” Say Ryosuke. The boys already try it but it seem Rin already switch off her phone to avoid anyone know where is her.

                “It seem not everyone know that the necklaces that we have actually has GPS locator.” Say Karina and notice Yuto’s expression that asks ‘why you didn’t use it to detect Reika?’ that make her explain, “At that time, I already detect her without no one know but it really dangerous since it involve villains.”

                “We need to divide into 2 groups…” phone call suddenly come to distract Ryosuke. He answer it for awhile before says, “Yabai! I need to leave now as I need to manage something at the ground.”

                “I will stay here as I don’t want anything happen to Reika.” Say Yuto without wait any response. It seems only Karina and Keito will go to the grave while others need to leave after get phone call for their work.

                While on the way, Keito drives the car and decide to ask something, “You already know about it, right? About she will leave the Kitagawa Generation…”

                Karina doesn’t want to say anything for awhile, “…I admit that I already know about it from Julie-san. She told me that Rin-chan seem spacing out these past few days and aware about it.”

                “You know about it but never want to say anything to us?” Keito seem almost lose his temper with his lover insensitive.

                Karina clutches her fist, “I know I should tell you guys but if she knows about it, she will run away earlier than we think. I want to talk with her but Reika’s kidnapping make me need to wait for awhile.”

                Keito use one hand to Karina’s hair gently to comfort her as he knows she actually in thousands of doubts in that moment. He gives suggestion, “How about you get some rest before we reach there? You seem really tired with many things happen these days.”

                “Arigatou, Keito-kun.” Say Karina before she slowly falls asleep. She really exhausted after does many things to handle what already happen past few days.

                When arrive there, Karina still asleep that make Keito get off from the car slowly in order not to distract her sleep. He walks until arrive at the Hiromasa’s grave but no sign of Rin still there, other than her snowflake necklace. He looks around to search for Rin and meet Karina already awake. In her hand, Rin’s necklace that being left at the grave.

“Rin-chan not here anymore…” say Karina with tears in her eyes. Keito quickly pull her into hug to comfort and that action make her cry for several minutes.

***********************

                Rin works at small food shop that will fill with the locals when night time come and get praise, “Wah, such a refine young lady you get to work here.”

                Rin smiles before says, “Not at all. I just want to work and live here. This town has captured my heart and it has warmth that I always search.” She begins works few days ago and stay at their inn. She really happy to live as everyone welcome her without want to know who is the real her.

                “If I have unmarried son, I want you as my daughter-in-law.” Say Emiko, the owner or ramen shop.

                The food shop owner, Takeuchi quickly says, “Unfortunately, your son already married and that is the only son you have.”

                “That’s why I said ‘If’. You really know to make spoil the mood, Take-chan.” Say Emiko that makes everyone laughs to hear it. Rin feel really happy to be there as she doesn’t need to think about wealthy or reputation and just be herself.

                When the shop closed, Rin help Takeuchi to clean up and preparation for tomorrow. Takeuchi asks, “Don’t you think that your family worries about you? Do you want to contact them?”

                “I don’t have family since they abandon me. That’s why I travel until here for life and fall in love with the warmness of this town.” Say Rin happily even she hide something big behind her. She doesn’t want to return that life even it is better than right now.

**********************

                Ryosuke already finish checking training of new members but his mind couldn’t stop thinking about Rin. He returns to his room and walk into bathroom to clean himself after tired day.  He sits at study table to begin his revision when get mail from Yuto, ‘Let’s go out today since tomorrow is weekend.’

                He just agrees as he thinks it one of way to distract things. He arrives to see only boys around and when ask about the girls, Yuto says, “Karina-chan decides to take care of Reika-chan at hospital tonight and it was her idea to let us to hang out.”

                “So, any news about Rin?” ask Ryosuke.

                Keito look worried before could says, “We had reach there but it too late. I’m a bit worry about Karina-chan as she doesn’t say anything to me while us on the way back here but she suddenly come with that idea.”

                “Just forget about it and enjoy this moment before return back to our busy life.” Say Yuri happily that makes him look younger than his real age. They don’t know what to do even big problem actually happen with them.

************************

                Reika open her eyes to see around her are not place that she being abducts but in hospital. She notice someone familiar at couch and realize it is Karina who sleep soundly even in uncomfortable position. A nurse gets into the room and says, “Reika-sama, you already awake. You don’t have to worry of anything as you will get discharge tomorrow. Even your friend already falls asleep after tired talking with doctor about your condition. She really worry when arrive with you who faint at that moment.”

                Reika smile while saying, “Of course she would be worry. She’s the girl who easily gets worry over things that concern of her.”

                “We already offer her to prepare room to rest but she said she want to be here where she could see you in front of her eyes. I envy you because you have such a great friend.” Say the nurse.

                Reika shakes her head to both sides before says, “She is not just friend but also my family. My treasure family that no one could replace it.”

                “I’m also need to tell you that your family will come to visit you tomorrow morning. They want to do it today but Kuzuryu-sama ask them to give you time to rest.” Say the nurse. She does what she needs to do before leave the room to let Reika rest. Karina seem doesn’t want to wake up even hear noise from the door closing as she actually still tired.

*******************

                First decides to meet Julie to talk about Rin’s sudden disappearance when school’s day comes again. Julie says, “Uncle really furious about what happen and tell me that he wants all of you to find her as soon as you could.”

                “Wow, I thought he would ask us to choose other person.” Say Yuri.

                Julie look towards them and says, “It seem uncle already search for her since several years when Walker Family suddenly vanish and she has same face with Yumika, my adopted daughter that died few years ago. I know Karina and Ryosuke already know about this matter but hide it from others, right?”

                They give question look to the two people and Ryosuke says, “We never think you guys would curious about it since Karina-chan and I already promise Yumika that we will hide about her from everyone.”

                “But it not reason why both of you hide that matter from us!” Shout Yuto.

                “Yeah, we are already together for long time and we should know about this matter.” Say Yuri.

                “I don’t want you guys think Rin-chan is substitute of Yumika-chan. You won’t know how hurt her feeling if she knows that. She appear few years ago and I found her has same face with Rin-chan and you know what, she already about everything that connect four of us as twins. Her only reaction is really happy because she knows someone who has same face with her will be alive when she’s not around anymore! You know how hard to bare with it when you need to see your best friend suffer without you could give any help just because she said she ready to face her death!” Karina couldn’t hold her angry anymore with them. It rare for her to become serious at time like that and everyone could see her eyes already fill with tears. She only say, “I need time to relax.” And leave the room without care of others.

                Yuto ask towards Keito who only shut his mouth the whole time, “So, you also know about this?”

                Keito only shake his head, “I don’t know about that. What I only know, Karina-chan has best friend that already died. That’s all since I respect her decision not to say anything.”

                “Okay, I will tell you guys about it…” Ryosuke begin tell how he meet Yumika; Karina always with Yumika as they always get admit in same hospital ever since kids and he come to give spirit to his cousin but slowly he become interesting with Yumika who always smiling. Even Karina get discharge from hospital, both of them will go to visit Yumika and he even comes alone to meet her before he confess his love that make both of them couple even for short time. He also tries his best not to cry over Yumika’s death as he already promises to face the day with smile.

******************

                Rin decide to relax at a café as she gets off-day even she says she want to work. Takeuchi is the one who ask her to get rest after working hard for few days. Nino serves cake of her and says, “You should taste this, my famous strawberry shortcake.”

                “Arigatou, Nino-san.” Rin taste the cake and enjoy the tastes that surround her taste bud, “Hm… this really delicious.” Her mind suddenly remembers about incident of the same cake.

Flashback~~

                Ryosuke really furious when realize Karina steals his strawberry cake when they rest at First lounge, “I have told you for thousands of times not to touch my cake but you never want to hear it.”

                “Hey, I always found it when I need something sweet and I will pay it back later.” Say Karina.  Ryosuke keep it at place that easy for someone like Karina to found it and they always fight for it.

                Rin take out a strawberry cake and give to Ryosuke, “I know she will take it and you can take my share. I bought it at school’s cafeteria, just in case Karina-chan take your cake again.” Ryosuke takes the cake and eat happily like little kids.

End of flashback~~

                That memory make Rin unconsciously smile and Nino asks, “Do you remember someone from it?”

                Rin surprise asks, “How do you about that?”

                “I already bake this cake for long time and already saw many reactions from many customers where most of it comes from their memories.” Explain Nino.

                “I just miss my friends but I don’t want to burden them anymore. The time when I’m with them, I only bring burden and it always them who save me when I can’t do anything. I feel totally useless for them.” Say Rin.

                “And that’s make you run away from them?” Nino make guess and that give surprise to Rin especially when he says, “I know you’re one of Hiromasa’s daughters.”

                “How you could know about it when no one even remembers about those facts?” ask Rin.

                “You have his eyes, same face with someone that I know and I still hope you would wear your snowflakes necklace. That design is really special as he order-made when know he will get four daughters. He even asks me which shop could make those necklaces.” Say Nino.

                “Do you know what kind of my dad? I never meet him and I really want to know.” Rin always curious about that matter but no one ever told her about it.

                “Hiromasa is my senpai but never let me to call him with senpai as he said that we’re just the same. He’s really kids towards everyone and really popular in this town. No one would say they don’t know who he is. I know that he runaway from his family and meet wonderful girl but that only for awhile before that girl married with other person. He still wait for her and the chance come that make they live happily even for awhile. When he knew that his wife wants to give birth, he left everything in order to rush there but he got involved with accident and lost his life.” say Nino.

                Rin think for awhile, “You said just now my face same with someone but who is it?”

                “I don’t remember the name but what I remember two girls who seem being raise in wealthy family where one of them has pale face. They come here from far just to taste my cake.” Nino suddenly remembers something, “Oh! I have their picture from that time. Wait here for awhile.”

                Nino leaves her for awhile and that make Rin’s heart become nervous. She only know Yumika has same face with her and begin wonder if there is another person who has same with her but Karina and Reika has different face from her. Nino appears and shows the picture that put carefully in a photo frame. Rin’s eyes go wide as it is picture of Yumika with Karina and they seem happily enjoy the cake. Nino says, “They told me that they came here just to taste cake after know my strawberry cake is their father’s favorite cake. Before they leave, they compliment the cake and said my cake is the most delicious as it contain memory of their never-met father.”

                “Nino-san, if you already know about me, will you tell everyone else about it?” ask Rin.

                He shake his head as no before says, “I know you’re here to calm yourself and you’re free to do anything you want. I won’t tell anyone about it.”

***************************

                Reika still in the hospital’s room as her father wants her to stay there until fully recover. She read the old diary that she gets from Karina. She really wants to know what write in there until make someone like Karina does many things. Suddenly, she drops her tears when reach part where their mom lost their father during at critical time.

                “She only does this because she doesn’t want our special bond get destroy over time.” Reika begin understand why everything happen but her heart can’t stop wondering why Rin leaves them when it was her who really want to protect their bond.

                She quickly wipe her tears when hear footsteps approach the room. She hides the book under her pillow and the door open to show it is Karina. She asks her, “What are you doing here? I thought you would busy with many things.”

                “Yeah, I actually have plan to practice race at circuit but decide to see you first. I wonder if you still alive because if not, I will order special coffin for you.” Say Karina. Reika knows it only joke but doesn’t know how to respond for it.

                Karina put a bag that has logo from famous chocolate house and says, “I bought this since I know you like chocolate. So, jaa~~!” she walks leave the room without hear any response from Reika.

                Reika check inside bag and surprise to see the chocolate that Karina bought for her as she knows it really popular because it only produces 100 pieces per a day. She wonders how that girl could get it when that popular chocolate usually sold-out with just few minutes it being put on display where it usually in the morning.

**********************

                Rin decide to relax at riverside that near to town and thinking over many things. She wants to return back to them but her heart scold her not to give burden to them anymore. They will be fine without her but surprise when hear someone greet her, “Rin-san, what are you doing here?”