Chapter 10

First

                Reika carefully brings the sweets to Karina’s room and it seem the girl still out from the room; probably, Keito still bring her to the hospital garden to get fresh air. She put the box on the table with note saying, ‘For sweets lover. From one of First’s fans.’

                Reika leave the room and walk at lobby as she meet with someone that she always wants to avoid; her own brother, Sasuke. He says, “I hope you’re not disturbing works in this hospital since you don’t have any talent to take over this place. Only person like me could handle this place.”

                “I’m not greedy person like you, Sasuke onii-sama. My aim only to help people and not for money.” murmurs Reika in low voice. She wants to leave her brother alone and go somewhere else but she knows she can’t do that because both of them need to take care their family’s image in front of everyone. Sasuke gaze to her eyes and she says, “I need to go out for awhile to calm myself before I begin make revision for upcoming class.”

                She doesn’t want to argue with her own brother at that moment and step away from that place. She walks at the pavement and hope all her anxiety fall as she makes steps by steps. Suddenly, a car stop beside her and she know it is Yuto’s car by the plat. She asks, “Don’t you say that you have to handle some practice at your house right now?”

                “I suppose to do that but my parent ask me to fetch my brother at his studio and the problem right now; he’s going out with his friends and I need to wait for 3 hours before I could reach home with him. I don’t want either of us get mad from my mom.” Say Yuto. He opens the car door to let her get in the car before drive to anywhere.

                “Where are we going?” ask Reika.

                “Anywhere that we could relax yourself.” Say Yuto. Reika really surprise but wait for Yuto’s words, “Since there is someone who needs to cool down for awhile. She wouldn’t leave the hospital unless after she speaks with her brother.”

                “How you could know about that?” ask Reika as she curious how he knows about what happen at the hospital without get into that place.

                “You always like that since ages. Why girls never have good relationship with their siblings?” say Yuto. Reika understand what is mean by that as Karina also have fight with her siblings but never know about Rin.

                “I’m not greedy like my brother. He only thinks about money without even care the management. For him, profit is priority rather than great service.” Say Reika. Yuto take hold of Reika’s hand and give the warmth to the girl. He still remembers the first time he meet Reika.

******************

Flashback.

                Yuto join Keito, Ryosuke, Yuri and Karina to go for a celebration party at Chinen’s new hotel. He doesn’t want to join it since he just gets new tea from his relatives but his friends drag him to tag along. Karina says, “You should join the party because it will show many good things there.”

                “I bet you only thinking about eating.” Say Ryosuke.

                Karina kicks him and says, “Baka! I already agree with Yaotome-senpai to meet and he agrees to show me something.”

                Yuto quickly goes between them before it get worse and says, “Don’t start fight here! Karina, you’re a girl that wearing dress right now; behave yourself.”

                Reika also attend the party with her parent but she suddenly being leaves alone and confuse on what she should do. It is her first time to attend such a big event in her life other than her family’s event. She stays at corner and hope the party would end soon, so she can return to her room and continue her reading.

                Suddenly, a girl with her age but seem too rough for someone who come from high-status family, get near her and asks, “Why you stay here alone? You should enjoy the party.”

                Reika really surprise with the girl and accidentally split her drink that stain the girl’s dress. She really panic as think that girl may scold or hit her but the reaction that she gets, “Yatta! I could change my clothes.”

                “Eh?!” Reika can’t say anything but only follow the girl that she just meet as she want to ask for apologizes about what happen. The girl walks casually without awkward feeling, like the hotel building is her own playground.

                “Karina-sama, why you clothes like this? You know this dress specially prepare for you to attend this party.” Say an old lady that seem like the girl’s caretaker and know the girl’s name.

She prepares to get scold when that girl tell about what happen but the girl named Karina says, “I’m just too excited to meet new friend and on ‘purpose’ spilt my drink on it. I already told you not to prepare dress with this of length. I really hate it.”

                “You always use that as excuses. You’re Karina-sama that comes from famous Kuzuryu Family. I already let you get friends with those boys but you need to learn to dress like someone from famous family as you already 15 and next spring, you will become high school student. It’s my duty as your caretaker.” Say the old lady. She just takes out an outfit and leave to let Karina change her clothes.

                “I’m really sorry about what happen, Kuzuryu Karina-san.” Say Reika as she bows.

                “You don’t need to be formal with me, Reika, the only daughter of President Hakushika that manages great hospitals. You have a brother named Sasuke but he currently study overseas and left you alone. This is your first time to come party like this as your parent wants you to understand social life.” Say Karina casually that makes Reika’s eyes goes wide.

                “How you know about me?” ask Reika.

                Karina changes into new clothes that are light orange long dress before reply to the question, “Oh, I saw you with your parent when arrive at that hall and it not weird to people around you when your family manage involve in security and bodyguard. Your family’s hospital also include as my family’s company’s client.”

                “But I’m really sorry about your dress.” Say Reika. She still feel guilty about what happen as she knows how important the appearance with family’s image.

                “I already say it is okay. Just think this as fine for them for not listening on what I want since I already told them that I want long dress. I’m not type of person that likes to wear short dress like other girls. I don’t mean it is you.” Say Karina. After that, she brings Reika to meet her friends and introduce them, “This is Yuto-kun that come from family that expert in Japanese Culture; Nakajima Family, Ryosuke-kun from Yamada Police Force, Yuri-kun from Chinen Hotel, and Keito-kun from Okamoto Entertainment. Boys, this is Reika-chan from Hakushika Hospital.”

                “So, you will attend Rankou Gakuen upcoming spring?” ask Yuto as he curious about it. He seems attract with the girl since she has some kind of aura that could make people easily believe and feel ease to be around her.

                Reika feel nervous be talk with those good looking boys but manage to open to says, “My parent want me to attend that school since that is their alma-mater.”

                “Wah! I’m jealous with you. I also want to go my dad’s alma-mater but they don’t want to let me to go there.” Say Karina as she hugs Reika’s arm.

                “There’s no way they would let girls like you to get into that delinquent school. You didn’t even know how to handle yourself when get into trouble.” Snicker Ryosuke.

                Karina cracks her fingers as she annoys with that and says, “Girls like me, huh? You have guts to say that to me.”

                “Yabai! I think I need to run away for awhile.” Say Ryosuke before run away and Karina chase him around the hall while avoiding people there.

                “Both of them always like that?” ask Reika as look at them running around the hall but they didn’t disturb any guest at all. It just the hall just like empty ground without anything when they running.

                Yuri chuckles and says, “Both of them are cousins and that can be said as their usual act. We always see it when Ryosuke say something that he shouldn’t say to Karina-chan.”

                Since that day, Reika join their group and become First in Rankou Gakuen but day by day she spending time with them, jealous feeling appear with Karina’s carefree attitude that always attract people’s attention. People only attract to her beauty without looking her other aspect even she works hard to make it true.

End of flashback.

**************

                Karina returns into her room with help of nurse. Keito suddenly need to leave her in rush after get phone from his father that asking why he suddenly disappear from the festival and he needs to explain what happen to his father. She notices a box of sweets and the nurse says, “Wow, it seems your fan send this for you.”

                “But they didn’t tell anything to me. Anyway, thanks for help me to go back to my room.” Say Karina.

                “You’re welcome, rest well.” Say the nurse before leave the room.

                Karina gets on her bed and check the sweets box that she receives. She seems happy to see the sweets as she really wants to eat it at that moment and throw one of it into . Suddenly, feel really hurt and she tries to reach the emergency button but it too far. She grabs the glass vase before throw it to the door to attract attention.

                A nurse that coincidentally pass by hear the noise and open the door to scold her as Karina really famous with her rudeness but scream to see that girl on the floor with sweets scattered on the floor. She pushes the emergency button and shouts to attract attention from other medical attendants.

                Doctors and nurses rushes to the room to check Karina’s condition when one of them realizes, “She eat something that contain poison in it. Maybe this sweets cause it?”

                “Take it and make check on it.” Say the doctor who in charge for Karina. A nurse takes sample of it and rush to a department where they could check ingredient. Karina manages to get rescue after almost 2 hours in terror of death.

                One of them report everything to Mr. Hakushika and he decides to visit the girl while ask not to let anyone to that room. He walks into the room carefully and Karina really surprise to accept his visit. She asks, “Why you suddenly come here? I thought you busy with works in this hospital.”

                “I just get report about what happen and think that I should visit you. It’s been long time since we didn’t meet and have long talk.” Say Mr. Hakushika and Karina’s reply, “Yeah, since the day that I found something that relates Kuzuryu and Hakushika that everyone forgets.”

****************

                Rin plans to visit Karina but when she knows Karina can’t accept any guest at that moment, she decides to walk around the streets to kill time as Julie and Johnny not around for that day as both of them need to go to other place which make her feel lonely at the mansion. She get into a cafe to relax herself and a waiter come to deliver water and get her order, “May I take your order, Rin-san?”

                Rin really surprise to see who is it and asks, “Yura, why you’re here?”

                Yura show the menu to Rin and says, “Of course it because I’m working here.” Yura is Rin’s classmate that shows great performance but for some reason, she doesn’t do well in test.

                Rin doesn’t say anything until Yura says, “I know you worry about Karina-chan but there’s nothing we could do right now.”

                Rin surprises with it and ask, “How you know about it?”

                “Oni-chan told me about what happen to her. Ha~~! I really her to become my sister in-law but she already couple with Okamoto-san. Even we’re cousin.” Say Yura and Rin could guess who it is; Hikaru’s younger sister.

                Rin surprise to hear it and asks, “EH?! Is that true?”

                “Not many know about this since her mother leave our family as soon she reaches age make everything erase from public’s eye.” Say Yura. She put her finger on her lips and says, “Don’t tell anyone about it. It is huge secret for every one of us.”

                Rin place order on what she wants and enjoy the moment in the cafe. She tries to find calmness inside herself but she still worry about Karina. She could feel something bad happen to that girl and want to visit her but she can’t do anything if they don’t let her to do that. Before leave the cafe, Yura gives a paper bag to her and says, “I just get phone call that you can visit her and I want to ask favour for you to send this to her.”

                “Okay, I will give it to her.” Say Rin.

                “Arigatou and please come again.” Say Yura as she bows to Rin who want to leave the cafe.

******************

                Rin arrives in front of the hospital and meet Reika who also just arrive with Yuto. Reika ask Rin, “Why you’re here?”

                “Of course to visit Karina-chan. I also want to give this delicious treats for her.” Say Rin as her rise up the paper bag. Reika flinch a bit when see the paper bag when remember the poison sweets that she put in Karina’s room.

                “Let’s go to visit them.” Say Yuto. Three of them walk to the room and found Karina in deep sleep. Reika only stay for awhile as she needs to do something while Yuto have to go back home after get phone call from his brother that telling that he’s done. Rin decide to place the bag on stands and want to leave the place but as soon she put the bag, Karina opens her eyes.

                Karina asks, “Is there anyone else here?” Rin shook her head to say no one other than them and Karina asks her to close the door and also lock it.

                “Why you suddenly want to lock it?” ask Rin.

                “For safety as I don’t want to get kill anymore.” Say Karina. She explain what happen to her just now and many more as she believe Rin could help her. After she has done explain, “I need your help on something. I already write this letter and I hope you could give it to Hikaru-senpai via Yura-chan.”

                “How you know I have met her?” ask Rin.

                Karina points to the bag and says, “That come from cafe that Yura-chan works and she always know what I want because I always order same thing when go there.”

                “But you’re really strong, Karina-chan. No one would believe that you ate poison sweets when they see your condition right now.” Say Rin.

                “I will never show what I feel after take that poison but I admit poison taste good and I like it.” Joke Karina.

                Rin whines, “You know you can get yourself kill if you act like that and many people will cry because of you.”

                “Don’t worry; I already prepare for the worse.” Say Karina as she stands up and packs her things. Rin surprise to know that that actually get discharge on that day but she know that she still can’t casually give that letter to Yura as people may has suspicious on them.