Chapter 23

First

                They arrive at Kyoto safely but something off with Rin that no one could describe it. It seems she doesn’t off from lesson notebook and almost never talk with anyone. Even during their free time, she only locks herself in the room that she shares with Reika and Karina.

                Yuto knocks the door and says, “I’m sorry to disturb your time but I need to remind you that we will have appointment with my grandmother and Rin, you have exam with her.” Rin doesn’t reply anything to it, only focus on her book.

                When Karina hears that they will have to meet Yuto’s grandmother, she quickly wakes up from her lay on bed and almost falls to floor. She says, “I almost forget it! I’m totally dead for it!”

                “Karina, I hear you and I could get feeling that you will run away again this time.” Say Yuto.

                Karina growl, “I won’t run away this time since your grandmother would find way to bring me there.”

                After Yuto leaves, Reika ask about Yuto’s grandmother and Karina say, “You would never want to meet that person for second time. She really famous as the excellent sandou person but really strict person. Even she’s popular with that, many people still chase for her. Easy to say, it really hard to please her with whatever you do for her.”

                “I never heard about that.” say Reika.

*****************

                Yuto let Rin to practice sandou before the exam and ask Karina to watch over that girl. She realize something wrong with that girl and asks, “Is there anything happen that make you mute?”

                Rin only focus on sandou without care of anything and totally ignore Karina. She doesn’t say anything ever since they get off from the plane. Karina still worry if anything happen to her but suddenly get phone call that says, “Toru Walker get escape from prison and we already dispatch  our people to search for him.”

                “Who else know about this matter?” ask Karina.

                “Only you, our people, people in Yamada Police Force and people that related to case except Rin Walker-sama. We decide to hide it from her.” say the person. Karina only thanks the person before keep back her phone in her pocket before notice Rin not in the room. She says, “Eh?! Where she goes?”

                Karina leaves out sigh and begins clean-up as Rin just leave it without cleaning. She arranges everything back to its place and encounter with Yuto’s grandmother, Tatsu. That old lady really happy to see her and says, “Karina-chan! I’m really happy to see you here. Are you here to practice?”

                Karina can’t say anything as Tatsu cut her words, “I’m really happy to know you really eager to become like me. You should be my heiress for my legacy and married with Yuto.”

                “Tatsu-san, we already talk about this and I already have boyfriend. Yuto also has girlfriend.” Say Karina.

                “No, no, no! I only want you as you really suit it for him. Oh, we should shopping kimono for this upcoming test and you have to wear the best kimono on that day.” Say Tatsu before that lay drags her for shopping for many things.

******************

                Keito plans to go out with his lover but she’s not in her room. He asks Reika and the reply he gets, “I don’t know where she is. Rin-chan already here but don’t want to say anything.”

                “I can’t get through her, even from phone.” say Keito.

                “Oh, she left her phone in the room and no one where she is.” Say Reika.

                Yuto arrive there and hear everything that make him says, “It seem my grandmother drag her for shopping and many more when accidentally meet her at sandou room. She will only be ‘release’ late in night. If any teachers ask about her, tell them that she has some private business.”

                “I really worry about Rin-chan and Karina-chan…” Reika close a bit the door before says, “…both of them seem really different ever since we arrive here. Both of them seem avoiding each other and know what happen but never want to tell us.”

                “I know this weird but I couldn’t help feel the same way. Karina-chan keeps avoiding my gaze.” Say Keito.

                “I will tell something, the reason why we choose to come here for school trip, neither me nor Karina has time to come here for our annual routine.” Say Yuto. He begin explain how he and Karina always get there for annual sandou ceremony.

**************

                Ryosuke walks around the place after finish the plan for the day and found a fortune lady. She says, “You should be honest with your feeling towards the girl you like or your life would be in mess. I could see you confuse to choose whether since both of them has same face or more specifically, they are sisters.”

                He really surprise when hear about it as everything is true. He admit that he really like Rin but for some reason, he couldn’t accept the fact that he still love Yumika and the only reason why he like her; her face is same like Yumika’s face and he doesn’t want to lose it again after her death.

                His thoughts being stop when his phone ringing. His face turn anxious when hear the news and quickly dial his cousin’s phone as he thinks that girl should know about it too but it couldn’t reach her. He thinks to send short mail, ‘Toru Walker escape from prison.’

                After awhile he gets the short reply, ‘I know.’ He begin wonder if that girl actually serious about what will happen. He just returns to his hotel with hope he could rest before meeting with Yuto’s grandmother but he need to postpone it when his fans dashes towards him.

                “Yamada-kun, are you free after this?”

                “Could you join us to go café after this?”

                “Yeah, we found such a great café nearby.”

                “They serve really delicious strawberry cake there.” Ryosuke can’t decline it as his ears caught word, strawberry; his all-time favorite. He just follows his fans but his mind couldn’t stop thinking about what happen.

*********************

                Reika feel awkward when look Karina in kimono when she’s in dress. She asks, “It is okay for me to wear something like this?”

                “Yeah, of course it is okay. I was planned to wear dress like you too but someone bought this kimono for me just for this day.” Reply Karina. Rin being put in different room in order to get ready for the tea test.

                “Even this is not first time I see you in kimono but it still feel awkward to see you like this.” say Keito.

                “I don’t know how to say about this. If I get chance, I just want to run away from this day.” Say Karina. She can’t stop moving around the room that makes Keito make her sit on his lap and wrap arms around her waist.

                When the time comes, they get into the room where Rin already there with Tatsu. Karina and Yuto want to sit together with their friends but Tatsu says, “Both of you should sit near to me. It would be convenient.”

                Karina and Yuto could only obey that lady’s words before she let Rin begin the sandou ceremony. That girl does everything really smooth but Tatsu’s face show otherwise. When Rin almost reach the last stage of the ceremony, Tatsu suddenly shouts, “Stop! You’re full mistake while doing it! You would never do anything like what Karina-chan would do! She’s the only one that perfect in sandou and suitable to become my grandson’s wife as it ensures my legacy will continue its glory.”

                Reika surprise to hear it and Tatsu look towards her, “I know you with him by now but I would never let you become his wife. I’m sure you don’t know about our culture since you stuck with that kind of clothes.”

                “Tatsu-san, I already told you many times that I won’t get marry with Yuto-kun. I already have my own love.” Say Karina. She moves a bit from Tatsu and towards Keito to show that she’s serious about it.

                Tatsu keep saying same things to make Karina accept it but then, they surprise when Rin pour the tea that she make over Tatsu’s head before leave the place without saying anything. Everyone in shock to see what happen and Tatsu’s people quickly dashes to clean up. Tatsu say angrily, “What kind of family she comes from? It only brings shame to people that related with her. I don’t want to relate with her.”

                Karina stands up as she really annoy with that statement. Tatsu ask what’s wrong with her and she reply, “You said it only bring shame for people that related to Rin-chan… I’m related to her as she is my twin-sister and same goes to Reika-chan.”

                She pulls Reika to leave the room without wait for response from Tatsu. She really angry with that lady’s words as it involve of her own sisters. They hop in a taxi to return hotel and Reika could see Karina take off hair accessory before mess up her hair before says, “I really can’t stand that old hag.”

                “How you could meet her?” ask Reika.

                Karina relaxes herself, “We met when I attended sandou ceremony… it happen when we were in grade school when I just take the lesson and I really impress with her skills but that beginning of Tatsu-san notice me. Since that day, she keep ask me if I want to continue her legacy by get marry with Yuto-kun. Of course I keep decline it since me only doing that because my family asked.”

                “Then, why you don’t choose the other field trip?” ask Reika.

                “It’s not us who decide it…” murmur Karina.

**********************

                Rin walks around the place to kill time as she doesn’t want to face anyone when return to hotel. She can’t tell anyone about why the reasons she become silent as she knows everyone will worry when know about it. She remembers the moment when she receive phone call from public phone…

Flashback~~

                “Hey, we should grab something as I really hungry.” Whine Karina as soon they get off from plane.

                “I thought you on diet right now.” Say Reika. They know about it because Karina complain about she can’t fit her clothes anymore.

                Karina pout, “Let’s just forget about diet during school trip. It will ruin the mood.”

                Since their teacher give times for them, they decide to make stop at a restaurant but Rin stops before says, “I have to answer this phone call first. Just order anything for me.”

                “Ah~, Julie-san really such a worrywart.” Say Karina.

                Yuri smiles, “Of course since this is her first time let Rin-chan for trip.”

                Rin create distance from her friends before answer it but it only makes her scared, “Hello, my kitten Rin-chan. How are you?”

                “How you know my number?” ask Rin while try to sound that she is not surprise to hear that familiar voice.

                Toru chuckles before says, “Of course because I know who you are. I want to tell you that we will meet really soon.”

                “That would be impossible since you in jail.” Say Rin.

                “No, sweetie. I already around you, really near and dream spend time with you. Enough talking on phone as I will fetch you soon… real soon.” Say Toru before hung the call. Rin begin scared when hear about it.

End of flashback~~

                Rin accidentally bump into someone and lose her voice when see the person’s face before her world become dark as that person shut and make her inhale something that take away her consciousness.

****************

                Karina and Reika bolt upright at same time while they relax in the room. They look to each other and ask same question at same times, “You feel it, right? Something bad happen. It must be Rin-chan.”

                Karina seem manage to digest something before says in panic mode, “Yabai! Yabai! That guy must already take her away from us!”

 

~~~~~~~

I wouldn't never found any goal for this fic but hope you enjoy read~~

Love you guys! *looks to sides before disappear*