Chapter 4

First

                Rin walks back to longue after finish answering last paper. She really worries to know the result as the test in really hard for her standard. She gets into the lounge and Yuri asks, “Why you look down right now? Anything happen?”

                Rin leaves out huge sigh and says, “Those tests really hard to answer. Even I spend the whole time to answer it, it useless. I may not make into Top 10.”

                “It’s okay, our rank actually doesn’t count based on tests. If you have great performance in school, you can get extra mark.” Say Reika. Rin put her books and pencil case on table before notice someone already in deep sleep. Since only girls wear skirt to school and three girls in the lounge, Rin thinks it is Karina as Reika in front of her.

                “She always likes that after test.” Say Keito. He notices Rin look towards Karina with surprise and question look.

                Ryosuke slowly gets near Karina and slap her head by using a magazine. Karina wakes up with that action and shout, “Who’s the hell who hit my head?” she stand up and realize it was Ryosuke as others still at the table. She cracks her fingers, “You really want to stay in hospital, huh?”

                Ryosuke quickly jump out leaving the lounge from window and Karina chase him while shout, “Wait up, you bastard!”

                First only ignore them and Rin says, “Someone ask me what is mean by Kitagawa Generation and when I try to answer it, my voice didn’t come out. I don’t know how to answer it.”

                “It was Kitagawa-san’s idea as he worries if he doesn’t have any heir for his company. He wants to produce a person who dares to face anything happen without even scared with the outcome. We already begin our search for past 2 years but none of them except you who dare to stand longer than 2 weeks. It seems you’re really strong person.” Say Yuto.

                “I’m not that strong.” Say Rin.

                “You may not strong in appearance but you have strong will to survive in your life. That’s why they choose you.” Say Karina as she pushes Ryosuke back into the lounge and that action make him face-planted on floor. She says in weird tone, “Oh no! I just crush Yamada Ryosuke’s beautiful face. What should I do right now?”

                “Karina, your words seem totally lie.” Say Yuri.

                “Karina, you should learn to control your temper as you’re a girl. You beat him worse than before.” Say Reika as she checks Ryosuke’s condition.

                “But if I learn to control my temper, your healing skills would rust up. You can practice how to tend the wounds when he’s injured.” Say Karina. She open hairclip that hold her long hair and ruffles it while takes seats beside Rin.

                “What are you doing after this, Rin-chan?” ask Karina.

                Rin checks her schedule and says, “I have tea ceremony practice at Nakajima’s House.” say Rin. Yuto says, “So, you will have to ride same car with me as I need to watch over you for today’s practice.”

                “Ride in same car with you? Can if I go there by myself?” ask Rin.

                “How about if I send her at your place?” ask Karina.

                “But you haven’t drive your car yet.” Say Yuri.

                “What she means with it is we will send her there by using my car.” Say Keito.

                Ryosuke stands up after Reika done tend his wounds and says, “I’m leaving first. I will late for it. You’re not going there, Karina?”

                “I will go there this weekend since the things that I order will finish prepare at that time.” Say Karina. Ryosuke leaves the lounge without saying anything to them. Rin really curious about it but no one want to answer it and when she wants to ask Karina, that girl already leave the lounge as one of their teachers suddenly summon her to staff room.

                “I think if you ask Karina, you may know about it since Karina and Ryosuke are actually related to each other. Both of them also used to grow up together and it can be said that she one of his secret keeper.” Say Reika when Rin ask them about it.

******************

                “Karina, where are you going this weekend?” ask Rin when three of them already in Keito’s car and on the way to Yuto’s house.

                “I will go to visit our ‘friend’ and spend time with her. I suppose to go there today but the florist forgets to prepare our favourite’s friend’s flower. I almost lost my temper but luckily, Keito’s there.” Say Karina.

                “It seems both of you really close recently.” Say Rin as she senses some different atmosphere between them.

                “If I drive my car to school, that troublesome person would use the chance to meet me. I really feel like I used Keito to run away from it but I don’t have any other way. Gomen ne, Keito-kun.” Say Karina.

                “I will always ready to help you, Karina.” say Keito.

                “Ah, I really miss to go Yuto-kun’s house. The last time we go there is last year spring where we enjoy sakura at his garden.” say Karina when the car gets into Nakajima Household’s compound.

                “She always like this and maybe you will get chance to see her in kimono.” Say Keito.

                “What do you mean by that?” ask Rin and Keito only smile to answer it while Karina already lost in her own memories of sakura.

*****************

                Rin really surprise to see Karina in kimono and she becomes leader in tea ceremony. She never imagines that girl actually have skills in things like that. Keito says, “Karina had gone for training for things like this when she still little kids. Most of us already know each other when in elementary school.”

                “Most of you?” Rin feels weird with it.

                “Yeah, Karina and Reika join us when we in high school but Karina sometimes join us hang-out before that.” Say Keito.

                “No wonder you guys really close.” Say Rin. She really amazes to see Karina in that moment as she knows Karina not girl who will to learn it. Yuto says, “I thought your skill will rust as you didn’t do it for long time.”

                “I always practice it with your mother when you’re not around but we always do it at formal tea ceremony hall.” Say Karina.

                “Now, it’s your turn, Rin. I hope you already remember the correct way.” Say Yuto. Rin a bit surprise as Yuto really strict and it totally different from usual him; always kind with everyone but turn to super strict person when they arrive in tea ceremony room.

*****************

                “Why you don’t want to tell Rin that Ryosuke actually go to visit his lover’s grave?” ask Keito when he leave the place with Karina.

                “I thought you will tell her as you also know about that matter.” say Karina.

                “I just thought it supposedly to be you who tell her as you already ask me to keep it as secret.” Say Keito.

                “I can’t tell Rin-chan as she will know if Ryosuke had lover before this and it become his black memory. I already promise to him that I would never mention that name in front of him anymore. She also my first best friend and we used to spend time together.” Say Karina. Keito could see Karina play with bead bracelet at her hand but she play with full of affection. He accidentally knows but only the fact that Ryosuke has lover before and she already died; nothing more than that.

                “You made that bracelet with her?” ask Keito and Karina slightly nod. It first time Keito sees Karina’s smile as it different from usual.

                Karina thank Keito when arrive at her house and Keito will ask same thing if she want his ride for next day or not. Karina replies, “It always fun to ride car with someone.”

                Keito enjoys his time with Karina and doesn’t want to let her go but he realizes the reality. He reluctantly drives the car to leave place but suddenly notices the girl runs to leave the place. She almost gets hit by his car but Keito manage to stop his car on time. He gets off from his car and asks, “What happen?”

                “Gomen, Keito-kun. Can you drive to anywhere?” say Karina.

                “Karina-chan, wait up. We need to talk.” Shout Ryuhei from far. Keito know who is it as he has met that guy for several times. Ryuhei’s image to Keito is persistent guy who dare to forget others to be with anyone else.

                “Hurry up!” shout Keito and speed off the car as soon Karina jump into the car.

                “Ha, I really need to find other house to stay but those in the house would never let me to move. I don’t want to stay in same place with that person.” Say Karina. She feels relieve when realize Ryuhei is not around her anymore.

                “How you could get close with him?” ask Keito as he curious about what happen.

                “I used to join my dad’s trainings at ground and it makes me close with most of them. Ryu-kun really close to me as I think him as my own brother while Aniki went to overseas for studies. When dad announced wedding of my nee-chan and him, I feel really happy as he always told me that he has someone that he like in my family and girl in my family only mom, nee-chan and me; make me think it is nee-chan. I thought everything would be okay after their marriage but one day, he bursts into my room and spit out craps that he really loves me and only marry with my nee-chan because he want to be with me. Since that day, he keep declare his love to me but never dare to do it at in front of my family.” Karina tells as she knows he deserve to know after give many helps for her.

                “Wow, you seem nothing happen when in front of us.” say Keito.

                “Iron rule at my house is never let anyone to know your emotions or troubles but I had break it for several times and they said that I’m just a girl who try to act tough. I could escape from punishment because I’m not trainee.” Say Karina.

                “So, where you want to go right now?” ask Keito.

                “Ah, I don’t know where to go as I really tired.” Say Karina. Keito tells her that he knows where to go at that time and Karina slowly dozes off after tired day.

***************

                Ryosuke walks at cemetery while bringing a bouquet of white rose. When arrive at his destination, he put the bouquet and says, “Hi, Yumika. I’m here again for this year and I bought your favourite white rose. Karina said that she will come here later as she already found ‘boyfriend’.”

                He spends time at that place for few hours. He really loves Yumika and already in love for several months before she been diagnosed that she had brain cancer. He always stays at her side when Yumika get admit into hospital. Karina would come to send clean clothes and foods for them without even care if she’s tired.

                “No one would ever replace you in my life.” Say Ryosuke as he holds Yumika’s thin hand.

                “I’m happy to hear it but promise me that you will live together with someone that could make you happy.” Say Yumika while coughing.

                “I will promise with you but I want you also to treasure your moments with me.” Say Ryosuke. Yumika’s smile at that moment already crave in Ryosuke’s heart even the smile could appear in front of him only for awhile.

                When he realize where he has been, it already dark around him. He just smile as usually Karina would ask him to finish his business as fast he could do but this time, he arrives there alone. He stands up and says, “I will come here again, Yumika.”

                He drives his car around the place to relax herself and suddenly notice Rin walks at a street with her own pace. She looks over the display window where it shows many beautiful clothes. He stop his car and get off before ask her, “Why you just look at it?”

                “Ryosuke-san, you’re here... I just admire the clothes. It really beautiful.” Say Rin. She surprise to see him there but only for awhile before look back to the clothes.

                “If you think it is beautiful, just buy it. I’m sure Kitagawa-san gives allowance money for you more than enough to buy the while boutique.” Say Ryosuke.

                “I need to think about it first. I don’t want to waste my money on something that I won’t even want it.” say Rin. She continues admiring the displayed clothes.

                “Where are you going after this?” ask Ryosuke.

                “I’m actually on the way to go back home but make a stop because of this shop.” Say Rin.

                Ryosuke clears his throat and says, “I will send you back home. I don’t want to become suspect if someone makes report if you’re missing or died.”

                Rin feels a bit mad with Ryosuke’s words but when she remembers about the time, she accepts the offer. Both of them get into the car and leave the street. None of them say a word on the way back. Rin only says ‘thank you’ when arrive at her house and receive ‘hm...’ from Ryosuke. In her mind, “Does something happen make him really hate me?”