Prologue

First

                There is a school in Tokyo that really popular with their students, Rankou Gakuen. They really popular with a group of students called as First where it consist of 6 students that always get first place in many things. Chinen Yuri who ichiban in academics and acrobatics, Yamada Ryosuke who ichiban with his hot look, Okamoto Keito who is ichiban in English and gentleman, Nakajima Yuto who is ichiban with his politeness, Hakushika Reika who is ichiban in her beauty, and Kuzuryu Karina who is ichiban with her quick think and care-free.

                At Rankou Gakuen, a car race into school compound and park at special place for First. A girl who wearing rider jacket over school uniform and shades get off from the car but someone scolds her, “Kuzuryu-kun, I know you really like to speed your car but this is school compound. You may hit any students who didn’t realize your car.”

                “Then, they should learn to be careful.” Say Karina. She mess-up a bit her jet black wavy hair and walk straight in front of the person who scold her, Usui-sensei but suddenly she whisper, “You too, sensei. I afraid if I speed my car and you near to that place, you wig will fly away from your head.”

                Usui-sensei quickly acts like what to protect his head with his hands before create distance from that girl and cover it by scold other retard students. Karina skips happily to a lounge that have symbol #1 portray on the big wooden door. Karina smirks while calculate something before kick the door. She’s not actually kicked it but uses force from her feet when someone turns the door knob. She could hear someone groans from inside the lounge and knows who is the owner of the voice. She acts like someone who worry with it and says, “Oh no, I just crush Yamada Ryosuke’s pretty face~~!! What should I do right now?”

                She gets into the lounge and notice Ryosuke holds his bleeding nose. She chuckles to see it and the boy says, “You should learn to act like real girl. At least, know how to open the door by using your hand.”

                “Karina, if you keep doing this, big problem will happen.” say tall skinny boy, Yuto. Karina gets into lounge and takes her favourite seat. She throw her sight to tower clock in that space and think it’s too early for her to get into class while ignoring Yuto lectures her. Yuto always tell Karina about many things but mostly is regulations and rule of Rankou Gakuen’s students.

                “Yutti, I think you should stop your speech as she would never hear. Everything you said is like song in her music player; same and gradually become bored to her.” Say Yuri.

                Reika quickly treat Ryosuke’s wound to avoid more bad things happen. She keeps everything back into box after finish tends the wound and says, “We can’t do anything to her because she’s come from family that manage bodyguard training centres and she really close with her father.”

                Karina take off her earphones and stand up before, “I’m not like you guys! I also have my own problem that I need to face even I don’t want to do it!” She takes her books and things before storm out from the lounge. They didn’t even surprise when Karina slams the door with full strength.

                Reika tries to put the box at the cabinet but it too high for her and Keito quickly help her. She says, “Thank you, Keito-kun.”

                “Do you think Karina will be okay after what happen?” ask Keito. He always worry about his friends even he knows Karina always lose her temper, almost like Ryosuke but Karina the worse one between both of them.

                “She always like that every time in the morning, remember?” say Reika. They watch the clock and realize they would be late for their homeroom.

***********************

                After school end, all of First’s member gather in their lounge as they get notice that someone want to meet them. Ryosuke asks, “Why I need to join you guys at here after school? I already have plan after this.”

                “Because you’re one of First. That can’t be helped as Julie-san want to meet us to tell something. I only hope it not too long because I already promise with kids at the hospital to play with them today.” Say Reika. She always plays with kids at her family’s hospital to entertain them.

                They do random things while waiting for Julie, principal of Rankou Gakuen; Yuto plays his imaginary drum, Ryosuke reads manga, Reika checks things around the lounge, Keito strums his guitar, Yuri tries to finish his homework, and Karina reads car magazine.

                “Ah, I already bored. I’m leaving.” Say Ryosuke as he raises up from his seat and want to leave the lounge. When he almost reaches the knob, his face get hit with the door as Julie open the door. Julie asks, “Ara, are you okay? I forget to notice who at the door before open it.”

                “My face~~!!” say Ryosuke. Yuri and Yuto quickly help Ryosuke to stand up while Keito asks, “What make you want us stay at here after school?”

                “I’m sorry because take time from your busy schedule but I want all of you help us to decide new Kitagawa Generation.” Say Julie. She put 6 files in of them before slowly pushes it towards the First.

                “New Kitagawa Generation? What happen on the one that we choose before?” ask Yuto.

                “That person doesn’t follow what my uncle wants and he runs away.” Say Julie.

                “It not weird if a girl runs away from it because it too harsh for her but the person we choose is boy.” Say Karina. Everyone in the room could remember how hard they work to choose the most suitable person.

                “This time, uncle said that you guys could anything that you want to choose the best one for new Kitagawa Generation. No matter whom the person you choose, he/she should have strong mind and could accept you guys.” Say Julie. All of them just agree with Julie’s words and take the file for each person.

                “Good luck for it and if you want to spy them, just do it. As long the person that you choose really worth it.” say Julie before leaves the longue. Everyone except Karina leaves the place as well, but Keito asks, “You’re staying here?”

                Karina who just lay on the couch, quickly back on her feet and says, “Yeah, I think I want to stay here for awhile before leave the place. Today really make me tired.”

                “You want anyone to accompany you?” ask Keito.

                “No, it’s okay. You should leave right now or you will be late for your practice. Good luck at there, okay.” Say Karina as she practically pushes Keito out from the lounge before lock the door. She leans against the door and look around the room. She leaves out huge sigh when think the reason she doesn’t want to reach home early.

                She throws herself on couch and opens the file. She read through it and suddenly wakes up when she reach at certain page. mumbles, “She also part of it?”

*********************

                At a cafe that a bit far from Rankou Gakuen, a girl diligently does her work without even care about her strength. The customers keep calling for her but she still could greet them with bright smile. The door being open and she smile to greet the customer who just arrive but it fade out when see who is it, “Yo! Hisahiburi.”

                “Karina-san, how you know I’m here?” ask the girl when she deliver Karina’s order.

                “Please drop ‘-san’ from my name. I come here after I read your profile from this file...” Karina takes out the file and out it on the table, “...and found this cafe’s address. I never know that you work in this cafe, Rin-chan.”

                “I work here because I need money. I think I only mention where I work during my application for a program ‘New KG’. How you get it?” say Rin.

                “Maa, someone ask help from me and my friends to choose the best among the best for the program. Why you suddenly want to join program like this? I thought you currently in great school just like what you told me before.” Say Karina.

                “I used to say like that but something bad keep happen to me and I don’t have any other choice.” Say Rin.

                Karina notices the girl’s eyes become teary and she says, “You could contact me as I gave my contact information to you.”

                “I don’t want to give burden to you.” Say Rin.

                “You still remember my words from that day, right? I will always ready to help you no matter what kind of help you need from me.” Say Karina. Rin a bit surprise to hear words from Karina’s words as she thought that girl only said those words without intention but then she remember what kind girl in front of her, she turn speechless. Karina continue her words, “I can’t help you to get into this program unless you have quality that all of us search but I need to warn you, this matter is not silly things that you could just run away when meet hard matter. This is serious things that involve many things and hope from many people.”

                “It’s okay. I’m ready to face everything and show to everyone who am I.” Say Rin. Karina smiles to hear those words and take sip from her drink while Rin leaves to continue her works.