Chapter 3 - Opening Up {Edited}

Luhan Fell In Love With a Ninja Girl [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: IU - The Thing I Do Slowly}


Luhan didn’t sleep much last night because he was too busy thinking about how to get on Hana's nerve and not let the plan bite his back like yesterday. His method this time was simple and easy, be nice. 'Nice, is my other charm.' Luhan handsomely runs his fingers through his hair.

For the first time in his life, he woke up exactly before sunrise even breaks on the horizon. Truth be told, he didn’t want to be soaked in those unpleasant stenches again. 

The gong echoed throughout the place ‘That’s my cue!’ Luhan grins creepily to himself, folded his blanket and get going. When Luhan stepped out of his room, the hallway of the place looked so unfriendly, cold and it was as if you could hear a pin drop. The weather didn't help at all, especially when it's located on top of a mountain, it was close to freezing point.

Luhan stretched his arms without a care in the world while excitedly walking outside, then as he neared the training garden he heard metal being grazed against Whetstone, sharpening the blade of the Katana.

Hana smirked as soon as she heard footsteps coming from Luhan’s room and she knew that he was up.

“Do you always smirk by yourself when no one's around?” He finishes of stretching by cracking his neck “Or you’re just creepy that way?”

“Are you always this annoying the moment you wake up?” Hana mocked him as she wiped the oil excess from the blade “Or you’re just plain annoying that way?”

Luhan chuckled “You’re good. You know, you're actually quite similar to my little brother.” He nodded his head with such joy.

“There’s another one of you? Wow!” Hana blew off the dust from the blade and start practicing.

If there’s a sound of zing in the air then it’s a green light for Hana to start her day. The second she started playing with the Katana, she instantly forgot about Luhan who was still standing there.

“Hey, you don't mind if I talk about our parents right?” Luhan asked, folding his arms on the chest, thinking that Hana was still listening when she really wasn’t. “Did your parents send you here or did you run away from home to be here?”

Hana stare at Luhan from distance, quickly asking herself about what he had just said ‘What was he talking about? Hm...Whatever, let’s focus Hana!’ She ignored the boy and continued practicing.

“No reply, then I’ll take that as you ran away from home.” He clasped his hands, rubbing it together to keep himself warm. Though Seoul and the other part of the world are enjoying their summer, this dojo is just one weird place. It's freaking cold and he’s wearing a jacket. Luhan looked at Hana and she was just wearing that black ninja uniform with no jacket whatsoever. ‘She’s tough.’

Unknowingly, Master Lu was already there, standing beside Luhan. Just as Luhan glanced to his side, he jumped “Oh my God!”

Hana swiftly reached for the shuriken and threw it flying towards Master Lu. The man's reflex was agiler and faster than most of his students combined “Nice move Hana, but it was a little slow.” Hana bowed respectfully and move on to the shuriken, placing her Katana carefully on the table.

Master Lu made sure that Hana was focus that she couldn’t hear a thing. Taking this chance, he smacked Luhan’s head “Think before you speak, idiot.”

Luhan frowned as he massaged his head “What did I say? I just asked her about her parents.” His nose was scrunched in a cute way.

Master Lu sighed “Hana didn’t run away from home like your theories, nor did her parents send her here. Her mom was one of my students once, Hana’s father was..." He skipped that topic "Both her parents died right after her mother left her here with me and told me to protect her as much as I could. That was her last wish and I promise to do so.”

Luhan realized what he had said and felt stupid after that, he turns to face Hana and finally for the first time since he met her, he saw all the rage, and all those dark emotions whirling around in Hana’s eyes.

“From now on, start thinking before you do anything.” Master Lu patted Luhan’s back encouragingly and left both of them.

After couple of minutes later, all the students start running out of their room and start practicing. Hana got lost in the crowd and lost in her own mind.

Luhan stood there, unmoving and speechless at the same time. He didn’t even realize that Daehyun was standing next to him. He was too deep in thoughts, plus his senses were all dull.

Daehyun waved his hands in front of Luhan’s face, no response. The boy shrugged and head over to Hana.

“Good morning little lady~” Daehyun smiled warmly. Hana responded it by holding couple of shurikens in between her fingers. Daehyun gulped and quickly apologize.

Though it's scary to watch Hana threatens you with dangerous things in her hands, but it still brings him happiness. He found it a lot easier and fun to be friends with Hana than the rest of the kids in the dojo.

While Hana continued improving the speed of throwing her shuriken, Luhan was still feeling bad about what he said earlier, and Daehyun couldn't focus when he felt someone kept looking at Hana’s way.

‘What is wrong with that guy?’ He questioned himself and approached Luhan again.

Daehyun lightly nudged Luhan's side and finally he was back on earth. He looked at Daehyun like *Do-you-have-something-to-say* “Um…What’s wrong with you? You looked like you've just seen a ghost or something.” Daehyun said, “You’re pale.”

Luhan glanced back and to from Hana and Daehyun “I don’t want to be kill in my sleep by Hana. I said something that I shouldn't have earlier and now I don’t know whether she’s waiting for the right time to kill me or what.”

Daehyun chuckled, shaking his head in amusement “Calm down, shees! What exactly did you say to her?” His eyebrow rose, waiting and curious.

“Well, I asked her whether her parent had sent her here against her own will or she ran away from home...” Luhan said slowly, sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter