(being easy)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

D-63 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

 

Pairing: Woohyun/Sungjong

 

Prompt: Making up afterwards

 

(Being Easy)

 

In terms of in-fighting in INFINITE, Woohyun and Sungjong took the top spots.

 

Not because they fought with everyone a lot; no, the fighting was typically just kept between them.

 

They fought all time, both verbally and physically. True, it almost never amounted to anything serious. It was mostly a lot of harmless bickering and teasing- but they were dubbed the “Tom and Jerry” otp for good reason.

 

But just as easily as they fought, they also just as easily made up.

 

-

 

From messing around on stage to teasing each other to actually getting into physical fist fights (in which Sungjong was vicious and Woohyun sometimes forgot that he was a hyung)- it didn’t take a lot to patch things up.

 

Yeah, sure, they chased each other around and headlocked each other from time to time and sometimes made each other cry- but a very important fact withstood all of that. And that fact was that besides Woohyun being Sungjong’s hyung and Sungjong being Woohyun’s forever maknae- they were friends. As close as could be.

 

-

 

Because of how easily things got fixed all the time, Woohyun was suddenly known as the “easy hyung”. He didn’t hold grudges, didn’t make the maknae clean extra or anything, and was actually a lot sweeter to Sungjong after a particularly vicious fight.

 

All it took was a quick hug, a little smile of reconciliation, or (if the fight was rather gruesome) a nice little date outside, and then they were good as new. They didn't need much to forgive each other.

 

Hence, the easiness.

 

Woohyun had gotten teased because of his “easiness” more than once (but never from Sungjong). But the teasing never bothered him because Woohyun didn’t mind being known as the easy hyung. In fact, he was rather proud of the title.

 

Being “easy” made him close to Sungjong in a way that no other member was. (Howon and Myungsoo could it. Heh.)

 

Because more so than being a hyung Sungjong held at arm’s lengths at all times (for dislike of punishment), Woohyun was like a comfortable friend.

 

Woohyun knew how hard it was to be the maknae to a group of seven guys (especially a group like theirs). And Sungjong had just so many hyungs, but not enough friends. So Woohyun figured that it is much better to be the easy hyung that’s like a friend, rather than just a hyung. He liked that more.

 

-

 

Woohyun was just so easy. An easy person to fight with, an easy person to be friends with, and an easy person to make up with. That is what Sungjong thought on a daily.

 

And he liked that. As the maknae, he could only get away with so much before some hyung’s temper snapped and Sungjong was sent away to do the dishes.

 

With Woohyun though, he could do pretty much anything and still survive to see the next day.

 

But more than him being an easy hyung, to Sungjong, Woohyun was like a friend he could fool around with, fight with, do anything with, and at the end of the day, crawl into bed with him and fall asleep with.

 

And in a group of seven guys where Sungjong was the easily bullied maknae, that type of bond is precious. Their bond as a whole is irreplaceable and something that signifies an eternity, for they are INFINITE. But every dynamic between two people is different, depending on the people. That makes each hyung special to Sungjong, but Woohyun all the more so.

 

Because while Sungjong technically has six other hyungs, there is but only one “hyung” that he can freely call a comfortable and easy friend.

 

e n d.

 

inspired by that one episode of weekly idol where sungjong had to rank all his hyung’s by easiness. ha. i'm not happy with this one though; i really adore woojong's relationship so i'll probably try something like this again in the future. (wow i am awesome at not really fulfilling these prompts. .____.)