(in all fairness of the world)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

D-27 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

 

Pairing: Woohyun/Sungjong

 

Prompt: Gender swapped

 

(In All Fairness of the World)

 

 

Sometimes INFINITE reads fanfiction about themselves.

 

Just out of mild curiosity, to see which ships are sailing and how the fans perceive them. Some rather mortifying fanfics have made certain members completely set on changing certain images of themselves, while others have made some members so proud of themselves, they almost tear in sheer self-appreciation.

 

They get curious over the band centric ones, embarrassed over the ty ones, like the crack ones, Woohyun adores the fluffy ones, Sungyeol’s personal favorites are the coffee shop au’s, and everyone gets a kick out of the gender bender ones.

 

Typically, a night of “lets all read fanfiction together,” will end in a lot of laughs and general merriment.

 

Especially if it is one of the gender bender nights.

 

-

 

When a gender bender night actually happens, it is legitimately a lot less funny.

 

-

 

Woohyun wakes up feeling a lot smaller than usual. And while that doesn’t immediately alarm him, his yawn does.

 

It sounds softer, a little more high pitched than it normally would.

 

He sits up and feels soft, long tresses of hair tumble across his shoulders.

 

Strange.

 

His mind immediately recalls the little story of all of them turning into women over night and then he thinks- nah, it couldn’t possibly be true.

 

So he lets out a little laugh at his absurd thought- but while he was expecting a deep, manly chuckle, his voice has somehow raised several octaves and a tinkling little giggle escapes instead.

 

And then Woohyun screams.

 

High pitched and glass breaking.

 

Damn.

 

-

 

Woohyun wakes up the whole dorm.

 

Almost every single member is suddenly in his room (except for Dongwoo, who sleeps away, and Sungjong, who is mysteriously not with them). He is met with starstruck and dazed looks of confusion.


Woohyun stares back at his unchanged members. “Wait, why aren’t the rest of you women? This isn’t how it works in fanfics!” He wails. And then is immediately horrified at how girlish and feminine his complaint sounds.

 

Myungsoo looks sleepily confused while Sungyeol looks interested, for lack of a better word. “Dude, you have s.”

 

“Thanks, dude,” Woohyun sasses. “I didn’t notice.”

 

Sunggyu tries his best as leader to not laugh.

 

He laughs anyway.

 

-

 

Someone kicks Sunggyu in the back of the knee for laughing.

 

Sunggyu turns around to scold whoever dared to inflict bodily harm onto his person-

 

But is met with a newly arrived Sungjong.

 

Who is three inches shorter, has softer curves, a nice rack, a more delicate face shape, and- oh hell- plump, pink, and kissable lips.

 

Howon audibly gapes.

 

-

 

It would have been better if all of them turned into women, at the very least.

 

But no.

 

It, apparently, is only him and Sungjong that have somehow, quite magically, turned into women.

 

-

 

“How did this even happen?” Dongwoo asks, filled with genuine curiosity and the need to touch Woohyun’s now long hair. He woke up to pandemonium, with everyone running around and screaming about Woohyun and Sungjong.

 

“Did you offend an evil witch by any chance?” Myungsoo asks this in a completely serious tone.

 

He is serious.

 

“Or take some potion?” Sungyeol quips.

 

He is too.

 

Woohyun scowls at the unfairness of it all. Everyone laughed when they found him, but freaked out when they realized Sungjong also turned into a woman.

 

“How come everyone cares about lady Sungjong and not lady Woohyun?” he asks, petulant with a little scowl on his face.

 

When preaching about the unfairness, it is Howon who shuts him up about it. “Do you really want to have a girl Sungjong in the dorm for long?”

 

Woohyun suddenly realizes the problem.

 

And feels the innate urge to hiss at everyone and anything that comes into contact with Sungjong.

 

So he makes grabby hands at the youngest and makes it so that Sungjong is eventually in his arms. Sungjong is pouting at the injustice of the world and their situation, but Woohyun is rather content with hugging Sungjong.

 

Guy Sungjong normally towers over him by a little bit, but Girl Sungjong is near the same height and makes a snug fit in Girl Woohyun's arms. Woohyun smirks at that.

 

“Maybe it’s because Sungjong and Woohyun laughed the most about that fanfiction last night,” Sunggyu suggests.

 

It sounds mildly plausible- or at least, the most plausible out of every other suggestion so far.

 

Sungjong, with his soft curves and kissable lips, pouts as he says, “The world isn’t fair.”

 

Woohyun wholeheartedly agrees.

 

-

 

Woohyun, for the first time in his life, is terrified to pee.

 

He stands in front of the bathroom for ages, not strong willed enough to find out how his new body works.

 

“Hyung,” he hears a soft, high voice coming from behind him. He turns to see the only member who shares the same unfortunate and magical fate as him.

 

The rest of the members have been sent on a mission to somehow acquire women’s clothing for the Woohyun and Sungjong.

 

When Sungyeol jokingly says that INFINITE is now a co-ed group, Woohyun smacks him.

 

The worst part is, Sungyeol doesn’t hit back. He has an honor code about hitting women. Woohyun wishes Sungyeol could have hit him back. He wishes so hard.

 

Sungjong eventually shoos them out of the dorm so that appropriate clothing can be acquired- even if Myungsoo looks reluctant to see Sungjong out of his loose-fitting t-shirt and shorts.

 

Which brings them to their current situation.

 

Sungjong has a little pout on his lips and Woohyun grimaces. From the moment Sungjong had woken up, he seemed to have adopted a permanent pout.

 

And that bothers Woohyun greatly, because it makes him feel strange things.

 

Woohyun has always carried a little torch for Sungjong- which is, partly, why he bullied the youngest so much. He didn’t know how else to act around him. But he has also liked Sungjong for who he was.  He guesses the one good thing that Woohyun could say about this is that it confirmed his suspicions.

 

He likes Sungjong for Sungjong.

 

Because as a woman, things didn’t change much.

 

Even when they were both women, Woohyun was still unbelievably attracted to Sungjong. And Woohyun had known he was gay since he was seventeen.

 

So seeing girlish Sungjong and still feeling the tightness in his chest that he associates with affection-

 

Well.

 

The world just is not fair.

 

-

 

“Stop staring.” Sungjong is in a absolute and total irritable mood.

 

They have somehow managed to overcome having to use the bathroom (in which Woohyun closed his eyes because- well, he didn’t want to be rude, even if it was to himself) and are now sitting in the kitchen sulkily.

 

“I can’t help it,” Woohyun says. None of the members can help it, actually.

 

The rest of the (still male) members eventually come back with bags of feminine clothes in hand.

 

But of course, it’s not like they would actually bring back anything comfortable.

 

Which is why Sungjong is now dressed in a cute little yellow dress, while Woohyun is wearing a skirt and a tank top.

 

Woohyun wonders if s hate him.

 

Sungjong, on the other hand, wonders if s like him a little too much. He has long since stopped counting how many times his fellow members have tried (tried, because lady or man, Lee Sungjong is not easy) to give him a chaste, teasing kiss or to pull him into a tight hug.

 

When Woohyun gives him a high-five for refusing all their advances, Sungjong asks the obvious question. “Why did you high-five me for that?”

 

Woohyun’s first instinct is to lie. Lie lie lie. To not say that it is because he rather likes Sungjong and that he doesn’t like when any other member tries to make a move on someone who he has been harboring a crush on for three years. To not say that he likes when Sungjong rejects the other members because that means that Woohyun still has somewhat of a chance. To not say that he refuses to think about what would happen if Sungjong were taken by another member.

 

Nope. Absolutely can’t say that.

 

Except he can’t think of any lie on the spot. Oh well. As long as he doesn’t tell the truth.

 

“I like you, you know,” Woohyun suddenly says.

 

Whoops. He definitely didn’t plan on saying that. This is an occasion where Woohyun has spoken before thinking, but there is no way to take the words back.

 

Well, Woohyun always figured that he would eventually act on his feelings for the maknae- but somehow, he didn’t think that it would come out as a horribly awkward confession.

 

Sungjong stares at him blankly. “Just because we’ve suddenly managed to turn into ladies doesn’t mean that you’re allowed to say weird you don’t mean, okay?” Sungjong noq looks irritated and that makes Woohyun frustrated.

 

Woohyun figures that might as well tell the truth, now that he has started. “I just- I like you all the time.” Wow, he doesn’t remember the last time he has felt so lame.

 

The implication is clear.

 

There is tense silence for close to a minute.

 

Woohyun feels like crawling away into a hole.

 

Sungjong’s reaction is simple. “Oh.” Too simple.

 

“That’s it?” Woohyun asks. He was expecting more than that, at the very least.

 

There is a weighted silence for an awkwardly stretched moment before Sungjong speaks. “Well,” Sungjong has a cheeky little smile smirk on his face as he comments, “I think I like you better as a guy.”

 

Woohyun deadpans his reply. “You little .” He can tell just by the tone that Sungjong is being playful. “I’m sharing my heartfelt feelings here.” He sighs to himself and sadly reminds himself that this is the person he has been in love with for years.

 

Sungjong sticks out his sinful little tongue at the insult, to which Woohyun reacts by flicking Sungjong on the head. Changed gender or not, their dynamic is still the same.

 

And Woohyun needs to hit Sungjong constantly, just for personal punishment by means of Sungjong affecting his heart too much.

 

It seems like Sungjong gets the reaction and smiles. “I like you too, hyung.” As an afterthought, Sungjong clarifies. “All the time.” Sungjong looks unabashed and sounds like he is airily saying the statement- but Woohyun knows Sungjong.

 

And in knowing Sungjong. Woohyun knows he’s telling the truth and is actually responding to his misplaced confession. He can tell by the way Sungjong is not quite looking at him and trying to sound too collected.

 

So his feelings- and violent relationship- weren’t so one-sided after all.

 

It is a sweet moment and it makes Woohyun’s heart flutter and causes him to beam in delight.

 

But then he speaks without thinking once more. “You mean unnie,” Woohyun automatically corrects.

 

They both stare at each other blankly before Woohyun adopts a complete look of horror. “Oh dear lord, what did I just say?”

 

-

 

Later that night, when Sungjong boldly holds Woohyun’s hand and announces their relationship over dinner-

 

Well, the reactions vary, but for the most part, they aren’t pretty.

 

Woohyun hides behind Sungjong and hisses when Sungyeol throws food at him.

 

“You two don’t even match,” Sungyeol complains.

 

“Oh shut up, I’ve had a crush on him for three years- let me love him!” Woohyun retorts, clinging onto Sungjong and giving the younger a back hug.

 

Sungjong looks pleasantly surprised at that statement. “You liked me for three years?”

 

Woohyun isn’t sure how to answer. His brain and lack of filter tells the truth. “Yes?”

 

Sungjong gives him a look and huffs. “You mean we could have gotten together three years ago?”

 

Now it’s Woohyun’s turn to give Sungjong a look. “You mean you liked me back since three years ago?” Woohyun asks, tone in complete disbelief.

 

From across the table, Howon boos.

 

Woohyun doesn’t give a damn.

 

-

 

The next morning, Woohyun and Sungjong wake up in their normal bodies.

 

It’s almost like it never happened in the first place. They still don’t know how to explain it and probably never will.

 

But the fact of the matter is that it happened and it has changed things around them- particularly, Woohyun and Sungjong’s relationship.

 

-

 

At breakfast, Woohyun gives Sungjong a shy little smile that Sungjong returns. Sungjong gives him a chaste little kiss on the cheek and Woohyun dies a little on the inside because of absolute happiness.

 

“The world really isn’t fair,” Myungsoo announces.

 

Sungjong disagrees.

 

e n d.

 

i might do a full, fleshed out one shot of this later on. because girl!woohyun. ohoho.

 

speaking of fairness in the world though. bought my textbooks a couple days ago. can we all go back to renting our books from the school and returning them at the end of the year please.

 

please.