(light up my world)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

D-66 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

 

Pairing: Dongwoo/Sungjong

 

Prompt: Looking into each other's eyes

 

(Light Up My World)

 

-

 

Dongwoo thought it got hard at times; living the idol life. They went through schedules that shouldn’t be humanely possible or tried, never had any real private time, and were constantly tired, hungry, sleepy, and overworked.

 

And it would drive anyone insane, should drive anyone insane.

 

But there’s one thing (or rather, one person) that makes everything all better.

 

His light at the end of the tunnel, the forever fresh and infallible source of encouragement- his maknae.

 

Lee Sungjong wasn’t known for doing outrageous acts of aegyo (unless in front of cameras), and got irritated like everyone else did- but still, Sungjong had this special thing about him that always brought a smile to his face.

Reason being- well, Dongwoo always thought there was just one member who had a laugh even more charming than his and eyes as beautiful as they come. That member is, and always will be, Lee Sungjong.

Speaking of which, he was in desperate need to smile at the moment. INFINITE would be going on to film their newest variety show, and had only gotten roughly three hours of sleep the night prior.  They were all cramped in their van, sitting around all tired and waiting to get to the filming location. Dongwoo was, conveniently, sitting right next to Sungjong. Every other member was sleeping (like Dongwoo should have been). Instead, Dongwoo decided to bother his maknae instead. He poked Sungjong softly, making the younger awake with a grumpy pout.

Normally, Dongwoo would never bother waking up any of s. But it was different with Sungjong; even just looking into the younger’s eyes made him feel better. And besides- he could just go back to sleep afterwards, right? (He knew he was being selfish, waking up the maknae from his nap when they were all lacking so much sleep. But this was the one selfish thing that he would give himself. He needed this one thing.)

“Sungjong, look at me.”

“What.” Sungjong turned his head compliantly, not really asking a question but more so flat out answering his hyung. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and looked at him grumpily but expectantly. Sometimes his hyungs liked asking him to do weird things. Most of the time, he didn’t like it. But he figured just looking at Dongwoo wouldn’t cause any harm.

He stared at his hyung questioningly, just waiting.

Dongwoo stared back intently, almost studying Sungjong’s face. After ten seconds of just staring, Sungjong had broken the silence by poking him and asking, “Is there anything you need, hyung?” He poked his tummy a couple times, waiting for his hyung to get a move on with it.

 

The corners of Dongwoo’s lips twitched with every little poke, but eventually said a very simple and truthful, “I’m tired, Sungjongie.” And tired, he was. So tired that his bones ached all the time. So tired that it was hard to crack a genuine smile on most days. And so tired that he had to wonder- was he tired enough to just quit and leave everything (and everyone behind)?

Sungjong stared at him blankly, not expecting that type of answer. After another stretch of silence, Sungjong had poked him again. “We’re all tired, hyung.”

Count on Sungjong to be frank with him. Dongwoo pouted, not liking the cold answer.

Sungjong continued on, disregarding the pout. “But it’s okay if we’re all tired together, right?” He placed a finger on both sides of his mouth and pushed the corners upwards. “So you should smile, because, well, not to be cliche or anything, but we really are all in this together.”

And count on Sungjong to make him feel better.

Sungjong looked a little awkward consoling him, but Dongwoo could tell Sungjong meant every word and action. His eyes radiated sincerity and unspoken promises, along with the trust he put in every single hyung- to stay with him, to stay together, to stay INFINITE.

And that made Dongwoo finally smile. Really smile.

 

He felt ready and willing to face the rest of the world again. All he needed was a little reminder from those bright eyes, and everything was right with the world. It was like the dark room he was in had suddenly gotten a bit of brightness to light up the rest of the room.

With a happy grin, Dongwoo held Sungjong’s hands and pulled him into a hug, successfully pulling his dongsaeng into his arms so that he could be as close as could be. The angle was a little awkward, and he was sure the pain he felt in his side was Sungjong’s bony elbow digging into him, but still. It was worth it.

Dongwoo already felt better than he had in a long time. And that said a lot. He was a little less tired, and a little more willing to walk as proudly through the world like he had always done.

He stared intently into Sungjong’s eyes, grinning so widely that it almost hurt. “You light up my world.”

 

Sungjong may have blushed and looked away right after, but Dongwoo meant every single world.

Lee Sungjong lit up his world with just a single glance.

e n d.

written because i have a soft spot for this type of eye contact and sungjong will forever be 'bright eyes' to me. i love the feel his eyes give, and how they will always, always give him away. they are so bright and clear and i love it. sungjong just has that type of effect. <3