(bowties will be the death of lee sungjong)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

D-03 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

 

Pairing: Sungyeol/Sungjong

 

Prompt: In formal wear

 

(Bowties will be the death of Lee Sungjong)

 

 

There weren’t many times when Lee Sungjong found himself losing his cool, especially when he was in work mode. He had a calm, chic image that he was rather proud of. He was the maknae that could (usually) take the abuse of six other hyung’s with a smile, the flawless maknae, and the perfect model.

 

So he wasn’t upset often.

 

Okay, he was upset pretty often.

 

But normally, he could find a way to hide it when they were working.

 

Except he can’t seem to do that right now, and that in itself is pushing his irritation to new heights.

 

At the moment, INFINITE is currently taking pictures for a photoshoot- which they have done many times, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

 

But the topic this time around is men’s formal wear.

 

Which means suit and ties.

 

Which is quite possibly the current bane of Lee Sungjong’s existence.

 

Because, “There’s no way anyone should look that good in a suit!” Sungjong huffs and puffs as he watches fellow group mate Sungyeol pose in front of the camera.

 

Sungjong has figured (through a painful process) out over the years that Sungyeol could throw on anything and somehow still manage to make it look good- the other man had no sense of fashion, nor a care about it, and yet he still looked like a model everywhere he went.

 

That was pretty much accepted knowledge within INFINITE- but there was just something about Sungyeol wearing a suit that had Sungjong biting his lip in irritation.

 

Sungjong watches from behind the main camera, scowling furiously. He doesn’t like what he’s feeling, and yet he can’t look away.

 

Sungyeol makes a rather suave looking expression while staring straight at the camera (and thus, at Sungjong), and all the maknae can do is let out a pained garble.

 

“There is no way,” he repeats.

 

Sungyeol winks to the camera and Sungjong has to hold back a growl.

 

-

 

After the photoshoot with all the tuxedos, Sungjong starts to hate any event that calls for them wearing formal wear.

 

Especially when Sungyeol catches on about Sungjong’s pain.

 

They are at another one of those said events, except now INFINITE is doing some ballroom concept or something- it doesn’t really matter to Sungjong.

 

All he really knows is that they are in suits again.

 

Which means Sungyeol is also in a suit.

 

Sungyeol, with his height and long limbs and slender body and perfect hair and-

 

He is so irritated that when Sungyeol walks by, he hits him.

 

Sungyeol makes a pained yelp and all but screeches, “What was that for?”

 

“Revenge,” is the only answer Sungjong gives. His emotional pain for Sungyeol’s physical. Sounded fair enough to him.

 

The maknae stalks off, leaving his Sungyeol hyung confused and in pain. “What’s his problem?” he mutters.

 

-

One hour later, and Sungjong has somehow bodily injured Sungyeol three more times.

“Yah, I’m still a hyung you know!” Sungyeol raises a threatening fist in response to Sungjong jabbing him in the stomach, but all Sungjong does is turn away in a huff.

 

Before he has time to act on his threat, he is called to be in front of the camera. He makes a vague “you’re dead” gesture towards Sungjong, to which the maknae ignores. Sungyeol makes more vaguely threatening gestures before walking away, intent on revenge at a later time.

 

“Stupid suit,” he hears Sungjong mutter once he starts walking away.

 

And then it clicks in Sungyeol’s mind.

 

Oh.

 

-

 

Sungjong has never met a more infuriating person in his life.

 

Throughout the entirety of Sungyeol’s portion of the shoot, Sungyeol has done nothing but smirk and look irritatingly hot as he poses as sensually as possible in a classy suit.

 

Sungjong hates him- he’s sure of it. He wrinkles his nose as Sungyeol blows a playful kiss towards his direction and holds his pursed lips for the photo. Sungjong definitely hates him.

 

And then he leans against the wall and poses like a seasoned model and the clothes look like they’re perfectly tailored to Sungyeol’s body and-

 

And Sungjong just hates formal wear altogether.

 

-

 

They’re leaving the photoshoot area now, walking towards the van. There are fans and paparazzi alike, snapping constant photos of them. From behind him, Sungjong feels a playful poke.

 

He ignores it, not up to dealing with the rest of the human population, but to no avail.

 

Because Sungyeol- of course- ends up being the poke instigator. He ends up whispering in Sungjong’s ear softly and quite smugly, “Liked what you saw back there, Jongie?"

 

Aw . "No,” is Sungjong’s immediate, flat lie of a response.

 

No, he definitely did not like what he saw back there.

 

Because he hates formal wear.

 

With a raging passion.

 

So no, he definitely does not like what he sees when Sungyeol chuckles and backs away from him in favor of posing playfully for a paparazzi camera, showing off his slim body and long arms and-

 

Sungjong definitely does not like what he sees.

 

-

 

Sungjong really hates this black-tie event.

 

Now they’re at some movie press conference thing- Sungjong’s not sure.

 

Sungjong’s never sure anymore.

 

Because Sungyeol in a suit was one thing, sure.

 

But Sungyeol in a suit with a bowtie?

 

Someone just shoot him now. Put him out of his attracted-to-Sungyeol misery.

 

Sungjong frowns throughout the whole event and if anyone asks, he’ll say that it’s part of his ‘chic’ concept.

 

-

 

Eventually, someone does ask.

 

"What's wrong with you?" Someone pokes him and Sungjong turns to see a curious looking Myungsoo.

 

"Bowties will be the death of me," Sungjong announces this gravely to Myungsoo. Sungyeol ends up catching his eye and all the older male does is grin in what he supposes is a seductive fashion.

 

He means it.

 

Bowties will be the death of him.

 

(Or at least- Lee Sungyeol will be.)

 

-

 

*parallel to drabble eleven? ;D evil temptaions will be the death of lee sungyeol, while bowties will be the death of lee sungjong ^^

 

**this failure of a countdown says that it’s D-03 BUT-

 

IT’S SUNGJONG’S BIRTHDAY WHERE I LIVE TOMORROW <3 YESSSSS (which also means that 90 days officially ends tomorrow.... ;A;)