(lee sungjong: the cutest organism in the world!)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

D-51 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

 

Pairing: Sunggyu/Sungjong

 

Prompt:  Doing something sweet

 

(Lee Sungjong: the cutest organism in the world!)

 

Sunggyu wasn’t known for being a doting and cheerful leader. Rather, he was known more so for nagging and not allowing for mistakes.

 

He liked to think that his leadership was a small part of what they are today; known for their synchronization and flawless performances. He pushed them to be the best they could, yelled when they didn’t get it, and then pushed them harder when they did. They were being recognized, and that was what made it worth it to Sunggyu. He would push them if need be.

 

All of that were truths- which is why Sunggyu had less than a cuddly image to the general public.  

 

But sometimes, he did sweet things. And he always made a point to call things out on what they were. He was honest with s, if not anything else.

 

If anything, he was honest to a fault.

 

Especially when it came to the maknae. Whether it be at dance practice, on shows, in the dorms, or even where they were now- at a photoshoot.

 

“How can anyone be so cute?” Sunggyu complained as he watched his maknae pose in front of the camera. Sungyeol turned to the leader cheerfully and batted his eyelashes at Sunggyu.

 

“You mean me?” Sungyeol teased. He knew the leader was talking about Sungjong- if an INFINITE member said the word ‘cute’ it was almost always in reference to Sungjong.

 

“Why would it be you?” Sunggyu retorted, swatting at Sungyeol halfheartedly.

 

“If not me, then Sungjong?” Sungyeol continued his teasing as he made faces at the leader.

 

“Yah, look at the difference between you and Sungjong before you talk to me,” he retorted playfully pushing Sungyeol away.

 

Sungyeol stuck his tongue out and latched onto Woohyun, effectively leaving Sunggyu.

 

“Woo hyung~ Sunggyu said there was a difference between me and Sungjong~”

 

“There’s a difference between Sungjong and everyone else, Sungyeol.”

 

Sunggyu nodded in approval of Woohyun’s comment before going back to staring at Sungjong.

 

“Cute, cute, cute!” He shouted at Sungjong- not that the maknae needed the encouragement. Sunggyu knew Sungjong knew that he was cute . But that was besides the point. Sunggyu was telling the truth.

 

“He really is the cutest organism in the world,” he mumbled, looking thoughtful as Sungjong struck poses and smiles.

 

“Is this confess love to maknae day?” Myungsoo, who had been standing peacefully next to Sunggyu, also monitoring Sungjong, asked this curiously. “Because if that’s the case-”

 

“Myungsoo, when did you even get there?” Sunggyu should have known that Myungsoo would end up watching Sungjong eventually. Wherever Sungjong was, the rest of his hyungs would be found. Sunggyu could already see Dongwoo and Howon making their way over.

 

“Sungjong, you’re really-” Myungsoo had started, but Sunggyu finished.

 

“An angel without wings.” Really. Sunggyu was telling the truth.

 

-


“Hyung's are so gross,” was the only thing going through Sungjong’s mind as he posed for the camera. He stole a glance over at s playfully bickering with each and shouting out compliments to him. As an afterthought, he cheerfully added, “But they’re sweet too.”

 

e n d. 

 

because this thing is glorious.