(the benefits of being beautiful)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

 

D-45 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

 

Pairing: Woohyun/Sungjong

 

Prompt: Shopping

 

(The Benefits of Being Beautiful)

 

*realized all the drabbles (except for the bonus woojong one) so far have been in infinite!verse, so here’s some college au.

-

 

There were very few things that Nam Woohyun hated in this world.

 

He liked to think of himself as a fun-loving, kind, at peace guy. Really, he did. He loved the world, loved the people in it, the animals, the inanimate objects, nature itself- name it, and Woohyun probably had some sort of greasy affection towards it.

 

Which was all well and good. He really did hate few things in this world.

 

But one thing was certain-

 

Woohyun hated shopping with Sungjong.

 

Reason being:

 

His boyfriend was just too damn pretty for his own good.

 

-

 

As college students who lived in a tiny two bedroom apartment and worked to support themselves, money was always tight.

 

A big portion of their money went to paying for tuition, for textbooks, for food, and for anything else that they deemed necessary for survival.

 

And as such, both Woohyun and Sungjong typically splurged very little.

 

Especially on things like clothes.

 

But every once in awhile, Sungjong would decide that enough is enough with their slightly worn articles of clothing, and that a shopping trip was of the highest importance.

 

-

 

It was completely unfair that Woohyun got roped into going shopping with Sungjong whenever and wherever he decided he wanted new clothes.

 

But of course, what the boyfriend wants, is what the boyfriend gets.

 

But that wasn’t even the most unfair part- it was that he had to go shop with someone that didn’t even really need new clothes. The boy could work anything, make any outfit seem like a work of art.

 

(No, he was not being biased- because boyfriend or not, Lee Sungjong was ing gorgeous. Anyone who thought otherwise could shove it.)

 

So it was like going through unnecessary pain each and every single time.

 

In actuality, Woohyun really did enjoy shopping. He liked picking out new things and trying new styles- it was fun. When he was alone.

 

But shopping with Sungjong- oh, that was a different experience.

 

Because all too familiar situations would occur.

 

Situations in which his too pretty of a boyfriend reaped both the benefits and the curse of being beautiful.

 

-

 

Woohyun was unceremoniously dragged to the nearest mall on a Tuesday. A Tuesday. Because Sungjong had gotten bored of writing his stupid ten-page essay that was to be due in three days.

 

(He had seven paragraphs so far- that was good enough. He deserved a break, right? At least, that is what he told Woohyun.)

 

Woohyun had been ditched the moment one of Sungjong’s favorite stores had come into view. He dutifully made a face and walked next to the closest bench, ready to sit there until Sungjong was done.

 

He had to wait only nineteen minutes. Sungjong bounded out with a bright grin and a gray bag. He shook the bag with fervor as he got closer to his boyfriend, proudly saying, “I got this 10% off!”

 

Woohyun grinned as well, about to high-five his boyfriend, but then the words actually processed in his mind.

 

Sungjong got something 10% off?

 

This made Woohyun immediately suspicious. “How did you get a discount?”

 

It was a Tuesday. “I thought there were no sales today?” There were never any sales on Tuesday.

 

“There aren’t any sales or discounts,” Sungjong shrugged helplessly, as if he had no part in the the situation any. “But I think Dongwoo hyung used his employee discount.”

 

“Ah,” Woohyun deadpanned. Jang Dongwoo. He forgot he worked there. Maybe he should have gone in with Sungjong. (He never did like how touchy the older man was.)

 

Woohyun looked at the bag with a little pout but otherwise accepted the discounted purchase. Dongwoo was harmless enough, even if he was being too nice to his Sungjong.

 

This, at the very least, was considered a benefit. (They were broke college students- they would take what they could get!)

 

He couldn’t afford to buy Sungjong everything he wanted, but he wanted Sungjong to have everything.

 

It was quite the predicament.

 

That was when the free food, discounted items, and generally wonderful customer service came in handy.

 

Woohyun was still jealous though.

 

(Because Sungjong was his, damn it. No one should give questionably cheaper or free items to taken men!)

 

-

 

So sometimes there were benefits to going out in public with Lee Sungjong.

 

But more often than not, Woohyun considered Sungjong’s beauty more of a curse than a blessing.

 

Because besides being the loving person he was, he was also a jealous and overprotective that knew how many people would love to take Sungjong away from him.

 

“Lets go into that store,” Sungjong pointed to a store close by and Woohyun tried not to physically reel back in repulsion.

 

“That one?” Woohyun, on top of hating shopping with Sungjong, hated shopping with Sungjong in this store especially. “Do we have to?”

 

It wasn’t anything personal to the store- really, it wasn’t. As far as fashionably overpriced stores went, it was a pretty standard store.

 

So there was nothing wrong with the clothing line- rather, there was something wrong with the customer service.

 

Yes. The customer service. It caused Woohyun to hate that store for a very specific reason.

 

That reason being Kim Myungsoo- the stupid worker that loved to check out his Jongie.

 

“I really don’t want to go into,” Woohyun had his complaint cut off as Sungjong dragged him into the store, determined to get another discounted item (because even he knew Kim Myungsoo had a thing for him- it was very telling that Sungjong never left this store empty handed).

 

The moment he walked in with Sungjong leading the way, he could instantly hear someone very happily saying, “Lee Sungjong!” In thirteen seconds flat, Kim Myungsoo had made his way over; he smiled dazzlingly at Sungjong with his (stupidly attractive face) and pointedly ignored Woohyun. “Is there anything you need help with?”

 

“No, no help needed here,” Woohyun irritably tried to shoo the worker away. Sungjong just smiled politely at Myungsoo before turning towards the closest rack of clothes.

 

Myungsoo obviously did not get the hint as he stayed where he was, blatantly staring at Sungjong.

 

Woohyun figured that he needed to be the better person and help him out. "Hey, stop looking." He huffed, trying to shoo Myungsoo away again. He pushed him a little, making Myungsoo almost stumble.

 

Yes. Being the better person. He could so do that.

 

Woohyun then turned around to his boyfriend, poking him on the cheek.“And you! You stop being so pretty! Too many people like stupid Myungsoo like looking at you!”

 

Sungjong deadpanned, confidently saying, “Hyung, you should be proud. Your boyfriend has a face that is hard to find anywhere else.” He stalked off without another word, off to visit another part of the store.

 

Woohyun expected nothing less from his boyfriend. He sighed, pursing his lips. (Because, hey- his boyfriend was gorgeous and he knew it. Confidence was y!)

 

(And he liked his boyfriend y. So. Yeah.)

 

Myungsoo, seemingly fully recovered from his previous stumble, moved to follow Sungjong- only to be stopped by Woohyun. He snapped a grumpy, “I told you to stop looking!” before taking a pathetic swat at the stupidly attractive and overly friendly worker.

 

He took Sungjong into his arms with a grimace and practically carried his lithe boyfriend out of the store.

 

Yeah, he really hated shopping with Sungjong.

 

-

 

On the other hand, Sungjong loved shopping with Woohyun.

A jealous Woohyun was cute Woohyun.

e n d.

because confidence is y.