(let me take you out)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

D-36 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

 

Pairing: Myungsoo/Sungjong

 

Prompt: On a date

 

(Let me take you out)

 

 

 

Myungsoo grinned to himself as he stood in front of a mirror, arranging his bangs so that they fell perfectly in place and took extra effort to smooth out the invisible wrinkles in his clothes.

 

He stood in front of the mirror for a total of three minutes, making sure his appearance was perfect.

 

As Myungsoo was brushing away the last invisible wrinkle, he could hear a low whistle coming from behind him. He turned around, only to see Sungyeol leaning against the bedroom door with a judging look on his face. “And where are you going?” Myungsoo didn’t even hear the door open.

 

Myungsoo was about to ask how he knew he was going out, but he figured it looked pretty obvious, with how he was shamelessly fussing over appearance.  “I’m going to go out with Jongie,” he admitted with a slight blush.

 

“Oh, you’re going on a playdate?” Sungyeol asked, finally done with leaning on the door. He closed the door before stepping closer to inspect Myungsoo with a critical eye. “Why are you getting all fancy and done up for Jongie? He sees you everyday, all day.”

 

“It’s not a playdate,” Myungsoo grumbled, tugging at the sleeves of his jacket with a childish pout. “It’s a date. So I wanna look nice.” The last statement was said barely above a whisper, with Myungsoo’s embarrassment turning his slight blush into a lovely shade of pink.

 

And while Sungyeol, typically, would have cackled at the sight of an embarrassed and blushing member, another part of the conversation had captured his attention. “A date,” Sungyeol deadpanned. “With Sungjong?”

 

“A date,” Myungsoo repeated. “With Sungjong.”

 

Sungyeol blinked thrice, head tilted to the side to show just how incredulous he thought the statement was. “A date date?”

 

The subtle stressing of the second word caused Myungsoo’s little pout to turn into a scowl. “A date date.” It was Myungsoo’s turn to deadpan.

 

Sungyeol looked thoughtful for a moment before casually asking, “Is it a date for you or for the both of you?”

“I can’t have a date by myself,” Myungsoo retorted, crossing his arms and fidgeting. Sungjong was probably already done and waiting for him in the living room. He wanted this conversation to be over with already.

“You can if Jongie doesn’t know it’s a date,” Sungyeol quipped, cheerfully ruffling Myungsoo’s figurative feathers. “You take him out all the time, but Howon hyung does too,” Sungyeol pointed out. “And he considers that as ‘hanging out’ with Howon hyung.”

 

The truth hurt. “But I call our dates ‘dates’ all the time and Sungjong never objects!” Myungsoo sputtered, clearly unhappy with how this conversation was turning out.

 

“Yeah, because he’s probably going with whatever you’re saying- but that doesn’t mean he actually considers it a date.” Sungyeol pointed out the cold, harsh truth once more. “If you go by that logic, we all go on dates with Sungjong.”

 

Judging from the complete lack of emotion on Myungsoo’s face, he really did not like what Sungyeol had to say. Sungyeol whistled lowly once more, on a quieter register. “You really like Sungjong, huh?” He had to, if he looked that upset about it.

 

Myungsoo huffed, patting at his hair absently. “No , Yeol.” He took to frowning and wondering what Sungjong thought of all their outings. But only because he kind of, sort of, has been calling them dates in his mind since the first time he went out with Sungjong alone. Because yes. He had a hopeless little crush on the maknae. Like anyone could blame him.

Sungyeol patted Myungsoo’s shoulder sympathetically. “I’ll tell you what, Myung,” Sungyeol started. He really did not like the frown on Myungsoo’s face. He underestimated how much Myungsoo liked Sungjong. (Because the rest of the members all knew Myungsoo had a thing for their maknae- but none of them knew exactly to what degree.) So he figured it was time to do the bro thing.

“I’ll treat you both to a date of your choice if you have somehow managed to make maknae like you enough to consider your outings dates.” Sungyeol grinned cheekily, opening the door so that Myungsoo could see Sungjong sitting in the living room, clearly tired of waiting.

 

-

 

Sungyeol offered to treat them to a date out of the goodness of his soul- really.

 

The goodness of his soul.

 

And the fact that he was pretty confident about Sungjong not considering the outings as dates.

 

Because lets all face it, Sungjong looked like he hated all of them at random points of the day.

 

(It wasn’t true, of course. But that was what gave Sungyeol confidence.)

 

And also because if Sungjong were to be okay with dating any of them- well, it was obvious that it would be Myungsoo.

 

That much was clear, just by how they looked at each other.

 

Or rather, just by how Myungsoo looked at Sungjong with the most adoring gaze in his eyes and how Sungjong always shyly looked away whenever he tightened his hold on Myungsoo during a hug.

 

(Because, yes, Sungyeol saw much more than people gave him credit for.)

 

-

 

Sungyeol walked out of the room with a pouting Myungsoo in tow.

 

Sungjong noticed their presence immediately, getting up from the couch from a huff. “Finally! Myungsoo hyung, you always take so long getting ready!”

 

Myungsoo had the shyness to blush a little, while Sungyeol cackled internally. “So,” he took a couple easy strides towards their maknae, casually throwing an arm around the maknae. “Why were you waiting out here for so long?”


Sungjong stared back at him like the answer was obvious- which, admittedly, it was. “I’m going out to play with Myungsoo hyung.”


Myungsoo could just hear Sungyeol’s voice in his head. “See, he doesn’t consider it a date.”


Sungjong didn’t consider their little outings dates.


And that was not okay with Myungsoo.


“So are we okay to go now?” Sungjong asked. He stared pointedly at Myungsoo while Sungyeol took his arm off and stepped back a couple paces. (Sungyeol patted the wallet that was sitting in his pocket happily.)


“Yeah, we’re okay,” Myungsoo said, lips pursed in unhappiness.


It was really not okay with Myungsoo.


-


Myungsoo and Sungjong made it three feet away from the door (and five feet away from Sungyeol) before Myungsoo couldn’t take it anymore. “Jongie, do you like me?” Well, that came out of nowhere. He at least expected himself to be able to hold the question until after they left the dorm.


But what has been said has been said. He looked at Sungjong expectantly, fidgeting.


Sungjong stared blankly in response to the statement, merely saying, “I like all the hyungs.”


Darn Sungjong and his Miss Congeniality answer. “Okay, let me specify.” He couldn’t outright ask if Sungjong had romantic feelings for him. That was too straightforward, even for him.


Okay. Breathe in, breathe out. Myungsoo, you could go through with this. “Do you like it when we go out?”


Sungjong blinked in surprise, shoving Myungsoo with a slight huff.


A shaky grin made its way onto Myungsoo’s face when Sungjong had done that. That was his reaction whenever he thought one of his hyung’s was asking a stupid question.


“Of course I like when we go out, why else would we continue to go out if I didn’t?” Sungjong raised a good point. One that Myungsoo didn’t quite register until right then and there.


“Well then, since you like it when we go out,” he paused, taking one last deep breath. “Then let me take you out.”


“You take me out all the time, hyung.” Sungjong said this plainly, not getting where Myungsoo was hinting towards.


“No,” he needed to make his intentions clear right now. “Let me take you out on a date.” To clarify, and to not have a repeat of his conversation with Sungyeol, Myungsoo added, “On a real date.”


“A date?” he asked. This sounded somewhat familiar.


“A date.” Myungsoo figured that he would have a repeat of his conversation with Sungyeol after all.


“A date date?” Yeah, it sounded really familiar now. Sungjong was looking at him hesitantly, as if he was unsure if Myungsoo was telling the truth or not.


“A date date,” Myungsoo clarified once more. He was right to figure that Sungjong would have the same reaction.


“Oh,” was all Sungjong had said.


He said nothing else for at least ten seconds, and that made Myungsoo panic.


Myungsoo was about to panic and flail back into his room at his failed courting attempt, but Sungjong had opened his mouth to say


“I thought we had dates all the time?” There was a tiny little blush that went to lightly coat Sungjong’s cheeks and Myungsoo thought it was the cutest ing thing he has ever seen.


A blushing Sungjong. He could get used to seeing that (although, knowing who Sungjong was, it was a sight that showed itself only once in a while).


So Sungjong considered their little outings dates after all. Myungsoo grinned, all seriousness fading away, only to be replaced with a tinge of embarrassment. “Yeah, we do.”


-


Sungyeol was pressed onto the floor behind them, pathetically clawing at the wall as he overheard Myungsoo and Sungjong’s conversation. “No, no, no,” as he hugged his wallet to his chest. He couldn't say he was surprised by the outcome- but that didn't make his wallet hurt any less.

 
e n d.
 
oddly enough, even though myungjong is one of my favorite -jong pairings, it's the hardest to write. .___. but anyway. next one up in an hour or two (as i desperately try to get back on schedule) ;3