(good night)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

D-12 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

 

Pairing: Dongwoo/Sungjong

 

Prompt: Can't Sleep

 

(Good Night)

 

 

*aka the fluffier version of one member not being able to sleep- sorry myungsoo ;3 ^^

-

Dongwoo can’t sleep.


Which is strange. because falling asleep has never been the problem (as opposed to actually getting to sleep).


Dongwoo, by all means, should be able to fall asleep quickly. He can feel it in his bones, his tiredness. It’s a deep setting, life draining type of tiredness that makes itself comfortable in every single limb, joint, and muscle- because that’s just how tired he really is.


So in theory, he should be able to fall asleep just fine. Because falling asleep quickly is, after all, one of the things that he is known for.


And yet-


The problem remains.


And it is that Jang Dongwoo simply cannot fall asleep for the life of him. Not for the sake of his tired body, or his overworked mind, or even just for his now destroyed sleep cycle.

So he commences to get up with a sigh, mild pout evident on his face. There is only one thing to do now.

And that is to bother the only person that is probably still awake.


-


Sungjong is just about done with his maknae duties for the day.


The dishes have been washed and put away, the clothes have been folded (for the most part), and the kitchen is clean (enough).


He is about to just fall into bed when he hears it.


It’s a soft little whining sound coming from behind it and- odd, they no longer have their puppies with them.


Sungjong dismisses the noise immediately, blaming it on sleep deprivation. All he wants is to go to bed- he doesn’t have the time nor the will to be dealing with rather suspicious noises.


But then he hears it again. And now it’s not something he can ignore because now he hears a soft crooning voice accompanying the whining noise. “Sungjongie~” he hears.


The resident maknae turns around to see a sheepish looking Dongwoo with a little smile on his face.


Sungjong just frowns.


-

 

Dongwoo and Sungjong end up sitting in the living room so that they don’t wake anyone up. It’s not like they want any one of their members to be losing precious sleep- like how Sungjong and Dongwoo are doing. They sit comfortably on one of the couches in the dark, barely able to make out each other’s faces as they sit across from each other.


Sungjong looks slightly irritated but patient as he snuggles into the couch and asks, “Did you need anything, hyung?”

 

The small, little sheepish smile on Dongwoo’s face widens as he admits, “I can’t sleep.”


Sungjong looks at him like he has just told him the worst lie in the world. The maknae says nothing, but Sungjong’s expression is clear, even in the dark. Really, hyung?


“It’s true!” he protests- although he has to admit, even he thinks it sounds ridiculous.


So Sungjong sighs and asks quite plainly, “Well what do you want me to do about it?”


Dongwoo pauses thoughtfully at the question- what did he want Sungjong to do about it? He shrugs a little and says the first thing that comes to mind. “Tell me a bedtime story.”


If the lights were on, Dongwoo could probably see Sungjong rolling his eyes. “Okay, fine. There once was this hyung that couldn’t sleep and kept his maknae up past his bedtime and then suffered a horrible fate in the morning. The end.” His tone was flat, along with his stare. But even with the lack of expression, Dongwoo could tell that Sungjong was mocking the whole situation.


“Yah, Lee Sungjong!” he swatted at him playfully. “Do it right!”


“But I don’t know any bedtime stories,” Sungjong whines. “Just,” he pauses for a quick moment. He thinks about what he does when his younger cousins can’t sleep- and won’t stop bothering him. “Just warm up some milk and then I’ll tuck you in, okay? I can manage that.”


Dongwoo brightens up at the idea and scampers off to the kitchen- warm milk wasn’t a bad idea.


Sungjong sighs as he watches Dongwoo wander off into the kitchen; second oldest he may be- but kid at heart, he definitely is.


Moments later, Dongwoo comes back with a mug of warmed milk; upon sitting back onto the couch, Dongwoo downs the drink, almost scalding himself in the process. Dongwoo’s impatience is showing- he wants to be able to sleep already.


He looks at Sungjong expectantly once he is done with his milk. “Now what?” he asks. Sungjong tries not to smack himself in the face as he stares at Dongwoo. He takes the cup aside, puts it on the table, and starts his mission of tucking in his hyung.


Sungjong ends up leading Dongwoo back to his bed by the wrist, guiding him in the dark. He immediately points to the bed once he’s close enough to it, demanding that Dongwoo get in.


Dongwoo is still looking at him expectantly. Once he is settled in, Sungjong takes to rolling his eyes and shifting the sheets around.


A couple minutes later, Sungjong has successfully tucked Dongwoo into his blankets leaving him practically immobile.


“Maknae, I feel trapped,” Dongwoo says.


“Good,” is what Sungjong says in response. Dongwoo is about to retort with something sassy, when he sees Sungjong bend down so that he is near his face. His first instinct is to be alarmed, because, hey- this is Sungjong-


And then Sungjong places a featherlight, quick kiss onto Dongwoo’s forehead, acting on instinct. Dongwoo gapes at the action, while Sungjong just blinks. “Sleep well, hyung,” he whispers.


Dongwoo feels a rush of warmth coursing through his body, transferred from Sungjong to him in that little kiss. He feels calmed, safe, and loved. This type of affection from Sungjong is rare- and the action in itself is so, so gentle and caring that Dongwoo immediately thinks of less stressful times and better nights.


“Good night,” Sungjong murmurs near his ear, giving him a tiny smile before retreating out of the room. Dongwoo can’t even bring himself to reply.


In the next moment, he’s gone, leaving Dongwoo tucked in and feeling warm.


That warmth eventually lulls him into a calm, sleepy state, with his breathing evening out and his body stilling. His muscles relax and suddenly he can’t keep his eyes open.


Dongwoo falls asleep remembering the warmth of Sungjong’s lips to his forehead.

 

-

 

woojong, hojong, yeoljong, and then the last myungjong/ot7- AND THEN IT'S LEE SUNGJONG'S BIRTHDAY ^^