(that damned summer heat)

90 Days With Lee Sungjong

D-87 to Lee Sungjong's Birthday!

Pairing: Sunggyu/Sungjong

Prompt: Eating Ice Cream

(That Damned Summer Heat)

-

On days like these, Kim Sunggyu honestly feels like some higher power is testing him.

On days like these, when the hot and humid days of summer reign supreme and the air conditioner is being faulty, a specific problem is always raised.

The problem being Lee Sungjong.

Or more specifically, Lee Sungjong without a shirt.

It's normal, really, for the members to be shirtless around each other. In a dorm full of seven guys, some ness (or a lot of it) is to be expected.

But something about seeing Sungjong shirtless makes him feel like doing rather unspeakable things to that body- which would eventually lead to him getting punched in the face by Sungjong (because Song Hyegyo he may look like, but Song Hyegyo he does not punch like).

(Sunggyu has to repeatedly remind himself that the problem is his lovable maknae, not some sinful temptation put on this earth to make him suffer.)

In the best leader voice that Sunggyu is capable of at the moment, he simply says, “Put on a damn shirt, Lee Sungjong,” and hopes that his command will be enough to solve the problem at hand.

“Why should I? It’s too hot to wear a shirt.” His command is not enough.

Sungjong raises a valid point.

Damn.

"Just put one on." He tries his leader voice again.

It still isn’t working. "You're not telling Myungsoo hyung to put on a shirt." And Sungjong raises another valid point.

Double damn.

Sunggyu takes a wayward glance towards the admittedly just as shirtless Myungsoo sitting three feet away from the maknae and frowns. He couldn't care less what Myungsoo was doing or what he wasn't wearing- the important thing here is that Sungjong isn't wearing a shirt. And that is a problem.

Okay, he needs to focus here. He needs to solve the problem, he needs to somehow implement his leader prowess and- did Sungjong just stretch? Someone please have mercy on his damned soul.

He needs to do something to get a damn shirt on this kid.

“Okay, we’re going out for ice cream!” He has never seen any of s (minus the maknae who is currently causing him problems) move so fast before.

He sees Sungjong getting up slowly and reaching for a shirt.

Crisis averted.

And then Sungjong stops reaching for the shirt.

Okay, so maybe crisis not averted.

"It's too hot to even go outside," he hears Sungjong sigh and mourn pathetically at the dinky little fan near his head.

"Come on, Jongie. When is Gyu hyung ever going to willingly treat us again?" Woohyun jokes, tossing Sungjong a shirt and chuckling.

Sungjong has a thoughtful pout on his face for an entirety of seven (long) seconds before he shrugs and slips a shirt over his head. "That's true." He gets up without another word and starts putting on his shoes.

Bless Nam Woohyun. Bless him. (Sunggyu avoids the subtle and playful dig because Woohyun has helped solve the problem- and for that, he is grateful.)

Crisis averted.

For now.

(Sunggyu prays for a fully operational air condition system for the entirety of the summer. He prays hard.)

e n d.

lol i didn't even really fulfill the prompt but i wanted to write this one before i knew the thirty day prompt thing existed xD so we're going to say that they went out to eat ice cream and gyu was completely pained over the perfection that is lee sungjong. ;)

+song hyegyo reference.