Chapter 36: A Talk With The Leader

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

“We’re back!”

“Haekyung-ah! I brought you some chiekcn like I told you!” Myungsoo said as he handed the food to the kid.

“Wah! Gomapsseumnida hyung! I’ll eat it well!”

“Ne! Cheonmane!”

“Oppadeul, we brought some for you too.” Minyoung handed the other box to Doojoon.

“Ah you shouldn’t have really. We ate already…”

“Aniya, we insist that you take it.”

“Arasseo… Gomawo…”

“Told you they’d brought us some!” Junhyung exclaimed.

“Aish! Hyung! Aren’t you even a little ashamed?!” Dongwoon replied to him.

Everyone laughed after this.

“Well, we’ll retire to our room now. You guys enjoy the food and clean up after then.” Myungsoo said before heading towards the stairs.

“Ne!”

“Oh wait!”

“What is it Yoseob oppa?” Minyoung asked.

“Did you go to the hospital?”

“Ah ye. We even bought a box for Sunggyu and the rest of Infinite who are staying with him there.”

“Oh but aren’t they tired?”

“Hahahaha! Well hyung, from how they were acting a while ago, I don’t think so. Well, jal jayo!”

“Jal Jayo Mr. & Mrs. Kim!”

“Yah! When the heck did you guys thought of calling us that?!” Minyoung shouted.

“Well, before you guys came! Hahahaha!” Hyunseung said.

“Aigoo… Jal Jayo ppadeul.”

Once they were in their rooms…

“Well, that was a surprise that they called us that!” Minyoung exclaimed.

“I kinda liked it though…” Myungsoo said as he hugged her from behind.

“Oppa!... Geumanhae! Hahahaha! You liked it?”

“Ne! I fell like we’re married already!”

“Yah! Oppa! Hahahaha!”

“Oh right… Gikwang… he didn’t shout with the others a while ago…”

“Eh? When they called us Mr. & Mrs. Kim?”

“Eo…”

“Jinjja? I didn’t notice… Maybe he’s sleepy or tired…”

“Do you really think that’d be the case?”

“What do you… Ah… right… I almost forgot…”

“Minyoung-ah, please, if you still have even a bit of feelings for him, erase it already.”

“Arayo oppa… Don’t worry, it’ll be fine. Besides, I’m very happy with you already. I’ll go shower up first, okay?”

“Arasseo. I’ll just be at the library to get a book. Just call me there then.”

“Arasseo oppa.”

Minyoung went inside the bathroom while Myungsoo headed for the library when he saw Gikwang by the staircase.

“What is it? Is there something wrong?”

Gikwang didn’t answer but just stared at him.

“I get it. Don’t answer then. Oh and why did you no shout with the others a while ago?”

“Why should I?”

“Figures… She already knows…”

“What do you mean?”

“She already knows that you still like her…”

“So, you talked about me during your date then… Thought so…”

“What’ll you do now?”

“I’m still going ahead with my plans. I won’t stop or surrender.”

“Same here. May the best man win then but oh, I think I’m leading.”

“Don’t be such a hare (rabbit), Kim Myungsoo. You know the tortoise won in the end.”

“Humph, nice choice of words but as you already know, she chose me and not you. But, be rest assured that I’m not being too complacent. I won’t let my guard down even for a nano second.”

“Let’s  just see about that.”

“Anyway, did you come up here just to say that to me?”

“Ah right. This arrived in the mailbox a while ago. They’re from the office.”

“Ah jinjja? Gomawo. I’ll give this to her then. Well, good night then.” Myungsoo said before closing the doors of the library.  Gikwang went back down to join the others.

“Gikwang-ah! Aren’t you eating anymore?” Doojoon asked.

“Aniya, I’m tired and sleepy already. Haekyung-ah, have you finished your homework?”

“Ne hyung. Dongwoon hyung helpd me a while ago.”

“Arasseo. Just come to bed after you finish that, okay?”

“Ne!”

Once Gikwang left them, they started talking about him.

“Yah, why did he go upstairs?” Junhyung asked.

“Oh you didn’t know? He handed Myungsoo the mail which arrived a while ago.” Yoseob said.

“Ahhh Geurae?... Hmm…”

“But, I wonder what took him longer awhile ago talking to Myungsoo.” said Dongwoon.

“Maybe he was giving him some instructions?” Hyunseung said.

“I doubt that because Gikwang would have told us quickly then. Hmm… I’ll ask him tomorrow then.”

Inside their room, Gikwang was sitting on his bed, thinking of something when he suddenly said to himself: “Well, Lee Gikwang, you already decided to make this move. There’s no more backing out.”

The next day…

“Oppa, are you sure?”

“Ne Minyoung-ah, I miss being behind my desk.”

“Arasseo, I’ll tell our secretaries.”

“Myungsoo? Minyoung? Breakfast is served. We’re waiting for you guys downstairs.”

“Arasseo Doojoon oppa! We’re coming!”

“Ne!”

Minyoung was about to head for the door when Myungsoo pulled her back to him making her hug him.

“Oppa!...”

“Minyoung-ah, you’ll stay with me forever right?”

“Yah, what are you talking about? Of course I will!”

“Promise?”

“Yah, what’s wrong with you? Look even if we’re dating now or even if we stayed as best friends, I’d still stay with you… forever. You should know that.”

“Minyoung-ah…”

“Come on, let’s go down now. I’m starving!”

“You’re always starving! Hahaha!”

 

“Annyeong haseyo oppadeul!” Minyoung says as soon as she and Myungsoo approach the dining table. The others also greeted them.

“Where’s Gikwang oppa?”

“He accompanied Haekyung to school just now. He’ll be back in a while.” says Yoseob.

“Come and seat down now you guys. Your food’s served already.” Dongwoon says as he leads the two to their seats.

After breakfast, both Minyoung and Myungsoo got ready for work upstairs. Gikwang came back and proceeded to water the plants in the garden. Doojoon saw him and approached him.

“Gikwang-ah, can we talk?”

“What is it about?”

“About last night. When you went upstairs.”

“Ah that. What did you want to know?”

“Did you and Myungsoo talk about something?”

“…Well…”

“Don’t lie to me please.”

“Fine. Yes, we did talk about something.”

“And what is it about?”

“It doesn’t concern you hyung.”

“Yes it does Gikwang-ah. Now tell me.”

“… we talked about Minyoung.”

“What?! What about her?!”

“It’s too hard to explain!”

“Try me then.”

Gikwang eventually explained to Doojoon about everything that has happened so far between him and Myungsoo.

“Gikwang-ah! How can you do this?! Can’t you let your feelings for her go?!”

“I can’t! And I never will!... I love her already…”

“Gikwang-ah… “

“Don’t tell me you and the others won’t support me regarding about her!”

“We could only do that back then but now, the situation’s changed and you know that. We’re not an idol group anymore. We’re house helpers working for her family in case you haven’t noticed. How can you honestly beat Myungsoo then? Huh? Tell me how.”

“I have a plan.”

“A plan… WHAT PLAN?!”

“You’ll see it soon.”

“You mean you’re going to execute it soon? Lee Gikwang, are you crazy?

“Yes I am. I am crazy for her. Both my mind and heart tells me to do this plan. I can’t and don’t want to back out. Don’t try to stop me.”

“Oh I will stop you because I know this is wrong.”

“How will you stop me then if you don’t even know what I’ll do?”

“I’m still your leader so do as I say and stop this, please.”

“Mianhae hyung… I can’t… Excuse me I have to water the flowers there.”

“Gikwang-ah!... Aish!”