H-1

Upside Down/거꾸로

One more hour. One more hour.

Only one more hour until the fashion show would start.

It was 7 PM, only one more hour left.

Sungjae and the other models were given a break for the hour, but Sungjae had no appetite.

He began hyperventilating and heaving until it finally came to a point where he dashed to the bathroom and literally piled right after that.

 

He dashed out the mall into the night air, and took a huge deep breath, where the cool night air belew within his face as hundreds of people started walking in or out the mall or down the nearby subway station, lights from skyscrapers and cars continued to dash by on the streets or honk. The city continued to bustle even at rush hour.

He slowly went back into the mall and sighed. On one of the boards near the entrance was a huge poster lit up, reading "Seoul Fashion Week: Aquatic Runway Show, 8 PM, Friday. The biggest and most intense runway one has ever experienced."

He sighed some more as he went back into the studio.

 

To his amazement, there were several models getting their first outfits ready for the fashion show.

"Where have you been?" asked Ilhoon, worried, "I was so worried about you."

"Sorry, I was in the bathroom," Sungjae lied.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," said Sungjae in an impatient tone, unable to wait to get this over with.

Sungjae eventually was led by Ilhoon to the dressing table, where he helped Sungjae put natural looking makeup on his face, whilst changing into his first costume: 90s Hip Hop, consisting of a multi-coloured camoflauge jacket with spiked bracelets, a white top with pink tye-dye, blue denim pants with diamonds at the hems of the pants, whilst wearing multi-coloured high tops. He also helped Sungjae gel his hair so that it stood up on an end.

Sungjae panicked as he stared at the stage, anticipating this moment for him to come.

He was just walking around the stage, when he heard voices from the outside.

Sungjae peeked outside; people were already gathering in the audience seats and shuffling together. He headed back to the dressing room and sighed, staring at the clock.

Twenty more minutes to go.

The seconds seemed to pass like hours as he continued to stare at the clock for a very long time, eyeing the hands moving at a very sluggish pace.

 

He was just continuing to stare at the clock when he heard a voice from behind him as well as hands grab his back.

He turned around and stared.

It was Jihoon.

"Why are you doing this to me?" asked Sungjae, trembling in fear.

Jihoon only continued to grab hold of him and then his neck, whilst Sungjae began to cough and sputter.

"Let me go....." he mouthed, but his grip became tighter.

His face was swelling up until he finally pushed Jihoon away, sending him crashing to one of the dressing tables, knocking off several items.

"What was that for?" asked Jihoon in frustration as he started rubbing his head dizzily, "Are you insane?"

Sungjae shook his head.

Jihoon was staring at him, only with more innocence.

"You......you.....you tried to kill me!" Sungjae blurted.

"Huh?"

They were then interrupted by another voice.

"Guys! Gather around here!"

Jihoon picked himself up as he brushed Sungjae.

It was Heejun, calling all the models to come in a group.

"This is the final moment which decides your fate. This is your moment which is up to you to make this show as exciting and appealing as possible, because thousands of people, including fashion experts from across the world have come to this country, hearing that this is one of the most unusually appealing runway shows ever to be made. As we are advertising many different collections, it is ultimately up to you all as models to showcase them when you step out on the runway, and work your way out. I am so proud of you all for making it this far through the intense rehearsals and into this stage, where we are all going to make these 5 hours hopefully pay off all our hard work. And for that, I wish you all the best of luck."

"Thank you!" the models thanked him.

Sungjae sat down and sighed, trying to keep distance from Jihoon as much as possible.