Jihoon

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae was riding the subway again to work, ready to get started with the modelling experience. His first day was bombed, but he was determined to pick himself up and keep going.

As soon as he arrived at the building, of course one of the elevators was still under construction, but surprisingly the elevator where the corpse was found was still in use.

He stepped in the elevator.

Sungjae looked up, anticipating another demise falling from the ceiling. He looked up, and noticed that in place of the hole where the corpse fell, there was a huge stain of blood on the ceiling. As he squinted to get a closer look, he noticed some drops of blood leaking from the ceiling, forming a tiny puddle of red beneath.

He stared in horror and waited until he heard the beep once again.

Surprisingly, that was it, a puddle of blood forming beneath him.

He looked back in suspicion before the door opened once again.

 

Sungjae walked to the studio, where the other male models were getting ready.

He put his stuff down on one desk and sighed. He was resting on the desk, waiting for his stylist Ilhoon to come, but it seemed to take ages.

It was not long before Sungjae, who was resting his elbows on the desk and staring at his reflection in the mirror accidentally knocked someone's bag off the desk with his elbow.

The male model turned around.

"I'm sorry," Sungjae apologised as he helped pick up the possessions of the male model.

"That's okay," said the male model, "Don't worry about it."

The male model was just tidying his bag when he looked at Sungjae with curiosity.

"I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new here?"

"Yeah," replied Sungjae, "I just got here yesterday."

"I see," said the male model. "What's your name?"

"Sungjae. Yook Sungjae." Sungjae said, holding out a hand.

"I'm Jihoon." said the male model, accepting the grip. "Noh Jihoon."

"It's nice to meet you Noh Jihoon."

"Pleasure is all mine Yook Sungjae."

Jihoon was about to turn back when he noticed how pale Sungjae looked.

"Are you alright?" he asked, concerned, "You don't look so well."

"Nothing, I'm just nervous." Sungjae said.

"Are you sure?"

Sungjae took in a deep breath.

"Yesterday at my first day at work in the elevator I saw a corpse fall from the ceiling."

"Oh no wonder!" said Jihoon. "I heard about that too. Apparently he was one of our colleagues."

"Really?" Sungjae gasped in amazement.

"Yeah. He was one of the tallest models in this place, and had a muscular body. His name was Kim Suil and was 23. It's a shame that he died, he was a jolly and kind soul in this business. I can't imagine a reason why he would kill himself."

"So were you friends with him?"

"Yeah. We had good relationship together. I can't imagine why he would do this, even though at times he was a bit of a troublemaker and a chatterbox. Even though at times he talked too much and was clumsy, I can't imagine why he would do something so extreme like that."

"Neither can I." sighed Sungjae as he shook his head in agreement.