Ilhoon

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae was just in the middle of the rehearsal, waiting in the dressing studio. He was just taking a sip of water, when he suddenly heard a loud thud from behind. He nearly dropped the bottle in shock.

"Who's there?" he called out.

He turned around, and noticed in horror a mummified corpse with a slit throat, but what was more grotesque was that hanging from the inside of the slit wound was a necklace with a locket on the bottom.

Holding his breath, he headed towards the corpse and picked out the necklace, holding his stomach as the gruesome sounds of blood squishing amongst the flesh came to his ears.

He pulled it out and opened the locket.

The locket had a photograph of a man, smiling on the left side, whilst the right had a message with scribbled writing on it.

The message read: Property of Kim Junseok.

"Kim Junseok?" gasped Sungjae in suspicion.

He peered closer, and even more to the photograph of the man.

"Kim Junseok....."

He started getting flashbacks of the five witnessed demises.

A man with a knife in his throat.

Corpses on the train.

A man tied up with razor wire.

A corpse tied in rope.

A beheaded corpse.

A mummified corpse.

Something seemed to be in common within all of them.

Thinking more closely, he noticed that on the handle of the knife there was a cushion glued to it, whilst the corpse with razor wire had a tattoo of a tree on him, the corpse tied in rope had pearls and roses in his mouth as well as a golden chain, whilst the beheaded corpse was covered in lipstick and the mummified corpse had a necklace in his neck wound.

Something must have lead to all of this.

He was still thinking when the door burst open.

It was Ilhoon.

"Okay, Sungjae," said Ilhoon, "Are you ready to....."

He was just finishing when he screamed in shock and horror at the corpse.

"Sungjae, how did he...."

"He felt from the ceiling." said Sungjae.

"Oh no.......what's that in your hand?"

"It's a locket. It belongs to this guy named Kim Junseok."

"Kim Junseok......" Ilhoon muttered under his breath.

He took the locket and opened it.

"Kim Junseok....." he muttered recurrently.

"Do you know him?" asked Sungjae.

"Why yes I do," said Ilhoon, "Junseok was a former model in this company. He was really tall and was known for having signature strawberry red dyed hair. He was just around your age when he got accepted into the company. He was a good person like you, and did whatever he was told to do. However, there was a moment when he got into a fight with another model over a girlfriend and a salary. What happened to him after this is unclear, but somehow after that he killed himself in the elevator. That's all I know about him."

"So Junseok must have been doing all this.....revenge....."

"I dunno...." said Ilhoon. "You never know. Anyways, it's nearly your turn to go back on the runway."

Ilhoon escorted Sungjae back to the studio as Sungjae sighed in frustration.