D-2

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae was just walking out the building when Jihoon stopped him. He was amazed that in two days the big fashion show would start.

"Hey!" called Jihoon, "Are you going home?"

"Yeah why?"

"Several of the models including I are planning to go to a guksujip to eat noodles for dinner, and then go to a disco bar. What do you think of that?"

"Okay," nodded Sungjae, smiling.

"Are you sure? You don't have to....."

"No, I insist!"

Sungjae was totally dreading the next visit from Junseok, as well as Sungwon's constant nagging, so he decided to not go home for once.

"I guess I won't have to sleep for once," said Sungjae.

Jihoon chuckled. "I bet you can't."

"Oh yes I can."

"Oh well it doesn't matter, so what suits you best."

 

The models gathered different taxis and headed for the guksujip, where they all sat n a huge table, ordering different types of noodles.

"I'm having kalguksu," said Jihoon. "You?"

"I'll have jjambbong." said Sungjae.

"I didn't know you like jjamppong, especially the seafood portions?" said Jihoon.

"Well as a matter of fact I do, even seafood in doenjang jjigae," replied Sungjae with a smile.

After a long wait with water and side dishes, the ahjumma eventually came, serving the men with their big bowls of noodles.

Sungjae slurped the noodles in happiness, glad to take a break from his brother's cooking, not that he did not like it.

"How is it?" asked Jihoon.

"It's spicy and delicious!" exclamed Sungjae. "Yours?"

"It tastes good too."

The men at the table continued to eat their noodles all the way until the bowl was empty and clean.

 

After the meal was over, several of the models were hollering in excitement as they began to walk to the disco bar.

They walked for a bit until they eventually came to the disco bar, greeting them with flashing colourful neon signs.

They walked in, bustling with people, most of who were wild and sleazy, yet that's what appealed the men a lot.

"Would you like something to drink?" asked Jihoon.

"I dunno." said Sungjae in frustration. He just passed his 19th birthday not long ago, but still has not tasted alcohol before.

Eventually the bartender came with beer for both Jihoon and Sungjae.

Jihoon poured himself a glass before he poured Sungjae a glass.

"Try it," said Jihoon. "It's good."

Sungjae took a tiny tiny sip. He coughed and sputtered from the strength of the alcohol, but somehow his taste buds managed to adapt to it quickly.

Before he knew it he was gulping down a whole glass.

"That was good," croaked Sungjae, sleazily, feeling a little tipsy.

He grabbed the bottle and poured himself another glass, and then a third.

Before Sungjae knew it he was dizzy and felt like he was walking in the air.

"I'm in heaven," mumbled Sungjae with a crazy smile on his face, "Dance with me.......gimme more...."

Jihoon forced a feeble smile with a mixture of guilt on his face, but the now drunk Sungjae dragged Jihoon to the centre where the disco ball was hanging above them as the others got up to dance as well.

 

The party eventually started as the stage was lit with spotlights flashing in different colours, and female dancers who were wearing revealing clothing came onto the stage, dancing for the audience as they cheered for them, and even more when they started to dance around the poles.

Before they knew it, the party continued as the whole hall began to experience constant flashes of light in different colours, as the disco ball continued to revolve in the ceiling.

Sungjae was dancing vigorously like a mad man, and ended up doing a dance off wth several other clubbers whilst several of the other models, who got to realise his "vulgar" side chuckled as they noticed Sungjae dance in the circle surrounded by people. The audience, including the models cheered on for Sungjae as well as other dancers, including Jihoon and Hyunsik as they joined the circle.