Jihoon

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae finally woke in the hospital bed, all calmed down.

Looking at the clock, he noticed that it was 2 AM, and he had been asleep for a very long time.

The ward was dark, and he noticed that he was the only person in the ward. He glanced around the atmosphere, looking gloomy as ever.

He took a deep breath and sighed in relief.

He was just about to lie back down when he heard a big thud.

He gasped as he looked at the other sight.

There was a beheaded corpse, lying next to his bed, covered in slit marks.

What was the most absurd looking was what written in a mixture of blood and red lipstick were smiling faces as well as the word "hello" everywhere on the corpse. Flipping the corpse over, he noticed that on the , there was a message in red lipstick written "Look up".

Sungjae reluctantly did so in doubt, and as he did, something fell from the ceiling and fell on the bed.

Sungjae leaned over and squinted.

He gagged from the gruesome sight.

It was a severed head, which he assumed came from the beheaded corpses, but the inside of the head was all emptied out, except for a message written on a piece of paper.

The message read: Good luck on your final runway show. Fighting.

Sungjae tried to scream, but he somehow felt paralysed. Twitching his body, he managed to kick the head off the bed whilst waiting for more horrors to come.

Before he knew it there were the hospital staff, attending to him. Before he could react, the whole view became blurry again and he fell into a deep sleep.

 

He woke up the next morning, where his brother was sitting next to him.

"Who are you?" he asked squinting.

His brother chuckled. "You don't remember me? You must have been asleep for so long. It's me. Your brother."

"Brother......" Sungjae muttered......"Yook Sungwon......."

Sungjae was about to close his eyes and head back to sleep, when his eyes suddenly opened again in surprise.

"Oh no," he gasped. "I need to get to work!"

"Sungjae," soothed Sungwon, "You've had a lot of stress. The hospital staff let you stay here until 2 PM so you will be able to get some rest."

"But no!" said Sungjae, "I need to go!"

"Trust me," said Sungwon with a wink, "You'll feel better soon and you'll be discharged at 2."

Before Sungjae could react, Sungwon, who continued to lull him to sleep, let Sungjae fall asleep. Before he knew it he was dozing some more in bed.

 

Sungjae was immediately released from the hospital. The first thing he did after he got out was race all the way to Coex Mall, where the rehearsal would begin.

He walked in, and to his surprise no one was there. He was the only one here.

He sat and waited for half an hour until someone finally walked in.

It was Jihoon.

"Hey man," said Jihoon, smiling, "My, you're early!"

"What?" gasped Sungjae, confused. "What are you talking about? Did I miss the rehearsal?"

"Hell, no! It's just the beginning!" said Jihoon, chuckling, "Apparently Mr Moon told us that we didn't have to go to the studio from now on until the day of the fashion show, since we'd be rehearsing here until next Friday."

"Are you serious?"

"Uhhhh.....yeah. Did you not receive the email?"

Sungjae bit his tongue. He did not want to tell anyone that he was at the hospital for throwing a tantrum, he may convince the others that he was insane and that they may have to find a replacement for him.

"No," Sungjae began, "I forgot to read it."

"Really?" said Jihoon. "Maybe you should check your email more often."

Sungjae sighed.

"Okay, when does the rehearsal start?"

"3 PM. All rehearsals start at 3."

"Well, I'd hate to admit it but it was a good thing my brother said that to me," muttered Sungjae.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing, nothing," said Sungjae, forcing a smile on his face. "I was just talking nonsense."