Sungjae

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae dashed back home, ignoring Sungwon's greeting.

Sungwon was suspicious of Sungjae's health now, he was beginning to get even more frustrated with his younger brother about why he has suddenly changed like that.

 

Sungwon offered to come in, but Sungjae had already locked the door.

Sungwon began banging at his younger brother's door as loudly and rapidly as possible.

"Sungjae!" he called. "Sungjae, please, open the door!"

"Please, get away from me!" Sungjae shrieked from the inside. "I don't need to see any of you."

"Sungjae, please!" pleaded his brother. "I just want to talk to you."

"Just go away and leave my room, NOW!" screamed Sungjae.

 

His brother could not take it anymore. He was so frustrated and seriously wanted to negotiate with Sungjae about his absurd behaviour. He dashed to the cupboard and grabbed the keys.

He went back to Sungjae's room and unlocked the door.

He was just approaching Sungjae, all collapsed on the floor and crying, his head hidden in his bent arms.

"Don't come any closer." said Sungjae coldly.

But Sungwon was still persistent.

He continued and went to Sungjae's direction, until he saw a puddle of blood forming underneath his head. His hair was also soaked red with blood, and his scalp seemed to have scratch marks on them.

"Oh my god," he whispered.

He leaned forward and was about to lift up Sungjae's face, when Sungjae immediately burst up and scratched at his brother's face, causing welts to form at his face.

His brother clenched his cheek in pain.

Sungjae was sitting there, snorting in anger, as his face was red from anger and crying, and his eyes were bloodshot from constant rubbing and the tears. Also his lips were dotted with bite marks from his teeth and had blood pouring from it, whilst more red liquid poured and trickled down his forehead from his scalp.

Sungwon screamed in horror at the gruesome site of Sungjae.

"I thought I told you NEVER TO COME HERE!" he shrieked as he punched Sungwon in the face.

"Sungjae, please!" begged Sungwon.

"I TOLD YOU NEVER TO COME HERE!" Sungjae screamed as he pinned his brother on the floor.

The two struggled hard, until eventually Sungwon kicked him in the groin, knocking the pressure off him, sending him rolling across the floor.

Sungjae sat up, taking deep breaths.

"I hate you," he muttered, "I HATE YOU ALL!"

Sungwon stared at him for a prolonged period of time.

"Get out," he finally muttered.

"What?!" shrieked his brother.

"Did you not hear me?" he responded coarsely. "I said GET OUT!"

Sungjae pushed his brother out the door and slammed the door. He attempted to open it again, but had the door slammed on his fingertips.

 

His brother stood there, glancing at his cracked fingernails with beads of blood slowly oozing from within them.

He was momentarily stunned from the pain, but then found a solution.

He dashed for the phone and began to dial 119.

"Please help," he begged as he spoke on the phone, "Is this the ambulance? It's a big huge emergency, my brother is sick and is acting very violent, please be here as soon as possible!"

He hung up.

Sungjae, who was hearing all of this, burst out the door and pinned his brother to the ground, strangling him.

"What did you do?" he screamed.

"Well I....."

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" he screamed.

"Nothing I....."

"YOU LIAR! YOU CALLED THE AMBULANCE DIDN'T YOU? DIDN'T YOU LOVE ME? ARE YOU TRYING TO STALL MY PRESENCE ON THE STAGE FOR THE FASHION SHOW?"

"But you're not well enough to....."

"SHUT UP!" Sungjae screamed. "I AM GOING! I AM GOING!!! I AM GOING!!!!!"

Sungjae continuously screamed as his grip on his brother's neck became tighter and tighter.

 

That was when the door bell rang and Sungwon finally pushed away his brother, opening the door.

"Here he is, please I hope it's nothing serious." he sobbed as the ambulance staff dragged him away.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!" he shrieked.

Sungwon followed him to the ambulance and sat in with his brother.

Sungjae was still lying in the hospital bed, whilst pointing an accusing finger at Sungwon's face.

"It's all your damned fault....you....you...."

Before Sungjae knew it, he eventually passed out, and fell into a deep sleep.

Sungwon sobbed as he knelt over Sungjae, who was in a deep sleep.

"You'll be fine," he sobbed, "Hang in there, don't worry. You'll be just fine. You'll be able to go to the show, I promise."