Ilhoon

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae sat in the dressing room, waiting for his stylist, when he heard a burst through the door.

It was his stylist, Ilhoon.

Ilhoon panted and puffed.

"Sorry I'm late, Sungjae."

Sungjae was clearly annoyed that he arrived late, but wanted to maintain his professionalism.

"It's ok." he replied.

Ilhoon smiled and said, "It's time for you to do your next photoshoot today."

 

Ilhoon lead him to whether his clothes were, so that he could get changed. As soon as he was done, he lead him back to his table, where he got his makeup and hair done.

"Okay," said Ilhoon, "You're ready. Your photographer Eunkwang is waiting for you."

Sungjae looked at his reflection and grinned; he was wearing gray skinny jeans with a black overcoat and turtle neck, and black boots.

 

He went to the stage, ready to do his photoshoot.

"Hello, I'm Sungjae." said Sungjae shaking hands with Eunkwang.

"Hello Sungjae," said Eunkwang, standing up from the camera. "I'm Eunkwang."

"It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too. You may proceed to the set."

Sungjae proceeded to the set, but then Eunkwang had more words.

"Now Sungjae, today because you have the turtleneck above your mouth, it is all about showing your eyes this time. You have unique eyes, and use them up to your benefit to make this a strong and haunting yet powerful shot."

Sungjae did as he was told then, following Eunkwang directions, using his eyes as much as he could to attract the camera.

"Yes.....Sungjae.......a little softer.....yes.....that's better......"

 

The costumes for Sungjae continued on and on as he continued to pose in front of the camera.

But what struck Sungjae most was how in some intervals Jihoon got to have several shirtless shots; in them he frequently revealed his abs.

 

It was evening by the time Sungjae has finished modelling for the day.

Jihoon was just walking out, ready to go home when Sungjae stopped him.

"Yes?"

"Jihoon, can I ask you something?"

"Uhhh....sure."

"You know how you get to have shirtless shots, right?"

Jihoon blushed.

"What interests you that much about them?" he giggled.

"How do you get to have abs?"

"Oh," said Jihoon, "With time and practice."

"Can you give me advice on how to get them?"

"Well," began Jihoon, "It may not be that easy as you think, but you can try."

"Okay, what can I do?"

"What do you normally have for meals?"

"Usually rice with kimchi, vegetable banchan and sometimes doenjang jjigae on occasion."

"What do you usually drink with them?"

"Water, sometimes juice."

"That's good, you are eating healthy. Do you usually eat all at once for one meal?"

"Sometimes."

"I strongly recommend that you eat around five to six small meals a day, so that your stomach is not too overwhelmed and you don't get to the point where you feel like throwing up, so I would recommend....probably a plateful or two for each meal."

"Okay. And exercise? Can you recommend a gym?"

"Oh sure. I go to Mokdong Fitness Centre on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 5 AM in the morning and train for an hour. On Sundays I usually go out hiking in the mountains."

"That sounds great." said Sungjae. "Can I join you?"

"Yes of course you can."

Jihoon then stopped.

"But why are you asking me about this? Are you just naturally curious or do you just want to get them?"

"Oh," Sungjae blushed, "It's just that Mr Moon told me I was a bit overweight and I could use this time to slim down or build on some muscle."

Jihoon chuckled.

"He said that during your interview?"

Nod.

"Damn, he's such a toughie! And not just because he's so cut-throat on all of us! But don't tell him I said that, ok?"

"Of course not."

"Anyways, it's good timing, because Mr Moon said that we may have a or underwear photoshoot in six months, so it takes around six months or so to get them."

"Okay."