Sungjae

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae was with Jihoon, in the elevator heading back home, when they noticed that the lights in the elevator suddenly turned off, leaving them in pitch black, before it stopped all of a sudden, shaking the whole stall.

Jihoon started taking a step forward.

"Stay calm." said Jihoon. "I'll try to get us a way out of here."

He reached for his phone, but forgot that because they were in the elevator, there was no way that they could get a signal.

Jihoon in the darkness felt for the buttons, and started pressing random buttons at a time. He continued until he finally felt a button with a bump shaped like a bell.

This must be the alarm, he thought.

He pressed the alarm button, making the loud ring sound off.

They waited, but nothing happened.

Jihoon pressed the alarm button again and again, but still nothing happened.

"Oh crap." muttered Jihoon, "We can't be doomed."

"I hope not." said Sungjae, feeling a little terrified as he was afraid of the dark.

 

They waited until Sungjae heard an eerie scream in the darkness.

"What was that?" hollered out Sungjae.

"I don't know!" yelled Jihoon. "Someone must be here! I don't know who it could be!"

"Hello?" the two called out again and again, but the scream only continued.

They covered their ears, waiting for this to stop.

 

They waited until the lights finally turned back on, and the elevator began operating once again.

Sungjae and Jihoon breathed out in relief.

They were about to take a deep breath when they noticed that the walls were splattered in blood.

They looked down, their feet stepping on puddles of blood too.

They were backing away when they felt their feet hit something.

They turned around and screamed.

The thing that they had hit and lying on the floor was the corpse of another man, tied in blood soaked rope.

What was most absurd that Sungjae noticed was that stuck inside the corpse's mouth was a mixture of pearls and rose petals, and a gold chain was wrapped around his mouth.

"Oh my god," Sungjae gasped.

 

The first thing Sungjae did as soon as he ran out the elevator was head for the bathroom, Jihoon tagging along where he helped Sungjae open the door to a toilet stall, where he literally piled a mountain in the bowl after the horrible sight, before he began sobbing and shrieking hysterically.