Jihoon

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae was just examining the locket once again when suddenly Jihoon burst in.

In surprise, Sungjae dropped the locket on the desk, accidentally causing the glass inside to shatter. Hiding the evidence, he collected the glass and stuffed them into a nearby trash bin.

"Hey man!" said Jihoon. "What's up?"

"Oh, just waiting for the next part. It could be a long time."

"I know," said Jihoon, "But the moment where we fly in the sky is not far! Are you excited?"

"Yeah, although I am a little nervous."

"Don't worry," said Jihoon, "You'll be fine, I'm sure. You won't have to worry about falling off at all. You'll have the greatest feeling in your heart."

"Okay."

Jihoon was about to sit down when he noticed the locket.

"Hey," said Jihoon. "What's that?"

"Oh," said Sungjae, "I found it on the corpse."

"Corpse?" asked Jihoon in confusion. "What corpse?"

"Over there." said Sungjae, pointing behind them.

The two turned, but to their amazement the corpse was gone.

"That's strange," said Sungjae, "I wonder how it disappeared?"

"Someone must have come here for revenge," suggested Jihoon.

Jihoon then squinted and took a closer look at the locket.

"Wait," he said, "There is something familiar about this locket."

Jihoon opened it, revealing the photograph of the man and the message.

"Do you know a former model by the name of Kim Junseok by any chance?"

Jihoon looked up.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Do you know Kim Junseok?"

Jihoon gaped.

"Kim Junseok....." he muttered, "How on earth did you know about him?"

"I showed this locket to Ilhoon and he told me that apparently he was a former model that killed himself in the elevator."

Jihoon stared at him, wide-eyed.

"So do you know him?" asked Sungjae again.

"Yes," muttered Jihoon with sombre tone, his expression looking as if he was serious, "I do."

"What do you know about him?"

"Junseok was one of our friends. He was one of the tallest and most handsome looking and muscular models in the place, and he wowed the crowd every time. He had a love of the runway, and that was evident in his photos and personality before he even stepped on one. All the ladies were fangirling him, falling for his muscular body and charming looks. He was probably the one that was loved the most by Mr Moon and favoured the most,"

"So what happened to him then?"

"He got into a fight with a casting director over not being able to book a job. Apparently he was always being used to being accepted because of his physical appearance in general, and having the best walk in the company. He was constantly complaining that he somehow felt his popularity begin to fade away by the time he was three years into the company, and that several other models were surpassing him already. Alas, he tried to stay back on top by creating rumours about the models. He nearly put Dongwoon and Hyunsik on the chopping block, and started spreading rumours that they have ually assaulted a female model from our rival company. However after both companies confirmed that this was all false, everyone was putting the blame on him. He felt that he was no longer able to face the public again, and so he quit the company in anger and despair. Some say that after that disappearances of neighbours began to rise, some saying that it was because he had a nervous breakdown and murdered people, whilst others said that he just simply became a hermit, before he slit his wrists in the elevator."

"That explains it......" thought Sungjae, "But what about the demises?"

"No one knows, that's for sure. Do you remember what you saw there?"

"Yes, I do. I saw a cushion glued on the knife of one victim, another had a tree tattoo on his neck, another had rose petals and pearls stuck in his mouth, another was covered in lipstick marks whilst the other had this locket in his neck wound."

Jihoon paused for a moment.

"Wait, I think I remember something," Jihoon thought, "Junseok has always been associated with those items. The last time I went to his apt, he had a knife just like that, I saw it with my very eyes when he was in the kitchen cutting vegetables for dinner. Another time when he went to the company he had a tattoo of a tree painted on his neck, whilst he had once angel wings tattoos painted on his back. Another time when doing a photoshoot, when we were asked to choose two kinds of objects to pose with, he chose the rose petals and pearls, whilst we all had to pose with a golden chain. Once, another time Jihoon got hired to do a commercial for men's cosmetics, and his assigned product was the lipstick. I'm not sure about why he left the locket behind though."

"So that explains why." said Sungjae. "Junseok must have come back for revenge back because he hates us."

Jihoon put a hand on his mouth. Even he looked a little terrified.

"Mmmmmfff!" muffled Sungjae.

"I'd rather you do not talk about it now," Jihoon whispered, looking around as if there were people spying on him.

"Why not?" Sungjae muffled.

"He might be here. He could be watching us. It could be us anytime."

They were once again interrupted when the stylists arrived to help them with their makeup posing as the flying birds of the show, where they would sit on the harnesses.

Ilhoon helped Sungjae, who was an eagle for the show, to the chair and changed him out of his outfit into a skin tight black suit, consisting of a sleeveless tank top with a very low back and tights. Ilhoon also helped paint a tattoo of wings on his back extending towards his arms, whilst helping him put on fake wings, feathers on his arms and legs as well as some other bird prosthetics. Also Ilhoon helped Sungjae put yellow contacts in his eyes whilst applying makeup on his face, first dabbing his face with white powder, followed by faint black lines to create feather shapes, before geling his hair so that it stood up on end.

Sungjae stared at himself in the mirror. The costume was very tight and generally constricted his movement, except for his arms which he could use to flap the wings.

He turned back and stared at Jihoon's costume, envying it. Jihoon, who was portraying a macaw had a very colorful costume; whilst his whole body was covered in red body paint, his hair was sprayed in white followed by streaks of different shades of red, and also wore a one-sleeved tunic of red, white, green and blue, with a long tail of feathers in layers of blue and red at the back. Also he had light blue contacts and was wearing huge wings with layers of red, yellow, green and blue.

"You look awesome." said Sungjae, trying to brush off the tragedies.

"So do you," said Jihoon, agreeing in happiness. "You're gonna be amazing."

 

Before they knew it, the ten models were escorted to the runway, where harnesses were ready for them. Sungjae being first, Jihoon being second and so on.

Sungjae gasped in amazement as the harness lifted him off the floor, and he was soaring through the air, whilst spreading his arms and wings out. He never went so high, he felt like he was flying. He continued until the ten models, who were all birds were scattered around different areas of the aquarium. Sungjae never felt so great before.

 

It was perhaps the hardest moment for Sungjae since after that was another moment where they had to reappear on the runway in sea god outfits, with fake seashells and headdresses of seaweed, as well as other trails of seaweed flying down.

 

Before he knew it, the fashion show rehearsal was over, in just five hours, which seemed to pass within a flash.