H+3

Upside Down/거꾸로

The second hour. Two down. Three to go.

 

It was time for him to put on his eagle costume, and like nine of the other models sit in a harness whilst being lifted into the air, making himself look as if he was flying. The process of putting on the costume was long and intense, but thankfully for them there was an interval as dance performances by several pop groups as well as a solo singing performance by another female singer was taking up the half an hour for the time being, so ten of the models still had plenty of time to get changed into their bird costumes.

Sungjae sat in the chair as Ilhoon helped him with his eagle costume.

Ilhoon helped him put on the black tank top and tights, whilst painting the huge black wing tattoo on his back, and then helping Sungjae put on the fake feathers, tail, prosthetics and enormous wings, before putting on the yellow contacts in his eyes and then applying makeup and outlines of feathers on his face as well as geling his hair to make it stand up on end.

 

Before he knew it, the half an hour was up, and as the rock remix version of Dance of the Cygnets from Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake boomed from the speakers and diffused through the hall, the ten were lead to the harness, where they sat in it, whilst the audience cheered as they were picked up and began flying through the air.

Sungjae spread his wings now, giving an illusion that he was flying through the sky. He passed by several other models.

It was not long before he passed by the parrot, which was, apparently, Junseok.

He looked grotesque, not just because he literally looked like a real macaw with a torn off human face plastered onto the head of a parrot, but his lips were conjoined to his nose, forming a beak like feature, whilst blood poured out, and feathers began to fly off the head, reducing Junseok's head to a mere skull.

Sungjae held in his breath from the horrible sight, however it was then that the ten models were scattered around different areas of the hall.

The ten were all standing there in still position with their wings spread out as the audience clapped and cheered.

Sungjae squinted at the macaw; instead of Junseok it was Jihoon, who was wearing the parrot costume, complete with a head.

 

The models continued to 'fly' around the aquarium until they were lead back to the start of the runway.

As the models unbuckled the buckle of their harnesses, they stepped out as the stylists hurried them back to the dressing room.

Ilhoon dragged him and quickly washed off the tattoo and changed him out of his costume. When he turned to look for the macaw costume, to his amazement the one changing out of it and removing the red body paint, as the paint started to wash off, was still Jihoon.

No way, thought Sungjae, could Jihoon have an alternate ego or a doppleganger?

 

However Sungjae was quickly changed into a turqoise toga with fake shells and marine flora, as well as headdresses of seaweed and other trails of seaweed coming down the toga, exposing one , so that all the models looked like sea gods.

One by one as usual, the models stepped onto the stage, posing like a sea god, showing their outfits.