Sungjae

Upside Down/거꾸로

Coming soon. Coming soon. Today was the day that was ultimately deciding his fate. Sungjae woke up and turned to open the door. He jiggled the handle, but the door was locked. He banged continously on the door.

"Sungwon?" he called out. "Sungwon? Let me out!"

He banged as hard as he could, but still there was no answer.

That bastard, he muttered under his breath. How dare he try to prevent me from going? I'll show him who's boss.

He continued to bang his body continuously on the door, and somehow after more moments of struggling, he managed to break the door lock and push back the door, making him escape.

 

He remembered the keys were in the dish cabinet.

He headed for the kitchen, and of course the dish cabinet was still locked.

He groaned in anger and frustration.

What is he doing to me? he thought. Does he think I'm some sort of retard?

In anger, grabbing a nearby lamp, he reached down and threw the lamp across the glass window of the cabinet.

He continued on and on until the light bulb broke, and the cracks in the glass eventually shattered, leaving the lampshade tattered into pieces.

Before his brother could look, he quickly grabbed the keys from the inside and rushed back to his room.

He examine all the keys, and tried fitting each and every oneof them into the keyholes of the drawers and the closet.

He tried and tried, but none of the keys seemed to be the ones to fit inside the holes.

Was this a trick or something? he thought. He must have really thought I was going to break the glass, since none of those keys fit in the hole.

 

"I thought that you promised you were not going to bring up the fashion show again." said a voice behind him.

Sungjae turned around in horror.

There was his brother, standing in front of him with a grave expression on his face.

"You...." Sungjae screamed, "Why are you destroying my life?"

"Don't be so childish," scoffed his brother, "It's just a damn fashion show, it's not like it's going to have an impact on you......"

"NO!" screamed Sungjae, "WHERE DID YOU PUT THE KEYS?! I KNOW YOU HID IT SOMEWHERE, YOU BASTARD!"

"You're not going and that's final! They'd probably found a replacement for you. How could you go back there? End of story!"

"I don't care." muttered Sungjae coldly.

"Sungjae, remember what I just said....."

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY!!" Sungjae screamed, tears streaming down his face, "I AM GOING!!! I AM GOING!!!"

In anger, he pounced on his brother and started searching his pockets, looking for the keys. When Sungwon noticed he was trying to get the real keys, he slapped him in the face.

"How dare you!" Sungwon screamed, "How dare you try to escape from me!"

"I don't care what you say!" Sungjae screamed again.

His brother threw him to the floor and pinned him down.

"Don't you dare step your feet on that runway. You're sick and you cannot go, and that's that."

The house eventually became a battlefield as Sungjae struggled hard, trying to get out of his brother's grips.

 

After some moments of struggling, Sungjae managed to push Sungwon off him and throw him towards the teatable, knocking over several vases of flowers and sending them crashing to the floor.

Before he knew it, the keys slipped out of Sungwon's pocket.

Sungjae stared.

Those were the real keys.

He hurried to reach them, but his brother would not let go of them.

"Don't you dare." his brother groaned.

"Let go of them!" Sungjae screamed. "I'm not a baby anymore!"

The struggling continued until Sungjae managed to grab the keys out of his brother's hand.

He rushed back to his room, and quickly searched for the right keys to his drawers and closet until he eventually opened the door.

He took out his bag and quickly stuffed in some cosmetics and tissues, whilst grabbing some clothes from the closet. He was about to get changed when he forgot he broke the door lock, so he slipped past his brother and hurried to the bathroom before his brother could catch him.

He hurried to the bathroom and locked the door.

Sungwon banged at the door continously and hardly.

"You better open the door or you will be sorry you ever attended that fashion show!"

Sungjae did not care. He quickly changed his clothes and threw his home clothes into the hamper so he did not have to make a second trip to his room.

 

He was just ready, heading for the double door when he forgot it was already locked. He quickly inserted each key into the hole, until he eventually found the right one.

With a quick push, the double door opened, and Sungjae managed to put on his shoes.

His brother was still not finished. He was grabbing hold of Sungjae's body, and trying to prevent him from getting out.

"You're seriously out of your mind!" he shrieked. "How much of use can it be when they probably already found a replacement of you! Besides, I already told them that you're sick and......"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Sungjae snapped, pushing his brother to the floor.

He hurriedly reached for the door, opening it and managed to run out of the house, whilst his brother quickly put on some shoes and started giving chase.

"Sungjae! Sungjae!" called his brother, who was running after him. "You come back now!"

But Sungjae continued to run away from his house until the noise of his brother calling became fainter and fainter and he could not catch up with Sungjae anymore.


He rushed to the subway in relief, and boarded the train.