D-1

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae was aided by Jihoon to come back home, since he was so drunk and full of ecstasy.

It was 3 AM by the time Sungjae arrived.

"I'll see you later," Sungjae called to Jihoon as he left, hiccuping, waving his hand weakly.

He banged his head on the doorbell, as he could not remember the security code for the time being.

His brother was only standing right there, opening the door.

Sungjae was not far off to his room when he heard his brother slam the door.

"Where have you been?" his brother screamed, "Why are you so late?"

Sungjae sleepily turned to his brother and vigorously kissed him on the lips.

"Hey brooooo...." he mumbled sleepily with a smile on his face, "Why so serious? Are you mad brooooooo???"

"Shut up!" his brother screamed as he slapped him across the face. "You've been drinking?! You haven't been acting yourself since you started to be a model, and now you start complaining about this and that, and now you trouble yourself more by drinking, when you have an important event to attend to?!"

"Awwww yeah...." Sungjae mumbled sleazily, "Hit me again.......please....hit me again....."

"You're insane!" Sungwon screamed as he dragged Sungjae to bed and shut the door, feeling a little afraid of what was going to happen next.

 

Sungjae woke up right at 2 PM.

He realised that he was calm again and was asleep for a very long time.

He reached to his closet and tried to open it, but it was locked.

He tried the drawers, but they were locked too.

He frantically searched around the house for the keys, but they were inside the dish cabinet, on the top shelf. He tried opening it, but it was locked too.

He groaned in frustration and immediately headed back to the living room, noticing his brother just sitting there on the couch, watching TV.

"What did you do to my things?" he shrieked.

"You're not going," Sungwon replied.

"What?!"

"I said you're not going. You're too sick to go to the fashion show. I phoned the company and told them that you won't be able to go due to your condition, so you can forget about going to the fashion show."

"What?"

"The keys to the drawers and closet are locked tight in the cabinet, and I locked the double door too so you can forget about finding a way to get out."

"But what about my rehearsal?"

"I phoned the company that you are sick so you can't go. Serves you right for clubbing out."

Sungjae stood there, heartbroken. His brother believed nothing what he said. Nothing. No rehearsal and no fashion show!

He broke into tears as he slammed the door shut and locked it, as he lay back on his bed and wept a waterfall.

 

A couple of hours later his brother unlocked the door, bringing him his dinner tray of rice, kimchi, seaweed soup and marinated beef. He lay it on the floor near Sungjae's head.

"Eat." his brother said plainly.

Sungjae hesitantly brought the spoon and dug it through the rice bowl, bringing out a morseful, but somehow he did not have the appetite to eat. He flung the spoon back in the bowl making the handle standing look like an incense stick as he pushed the tray away near the entrance of his room and shut the door again.

 

He went to sleep very early, hiding himself as he wept, dreading having to miss this opportunity. Would he or would he attempt a way to escape?

However, Sungjae was devising a plan, much to his ideas and trying to avoid his brother seeming to act like a control-freak.