Jihoon

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae was walking back into the building, almost late for work.

Miraculously the train dropped him off at the station within a flash, so Sungjae was able to run out the station and head for the building.

He boarded the elevator; surprisingly it was clean.

 

He waited for the elevator to reach the floor, until thud the ceiling was hit again.

Sungjae stared up, anticipating the moment.

A huge crack formed in the ceiling.

It was not long before the crack began to get bigger and bigger as a hand dangled out of it, and eventually....

Another corpse fell onto the floor, covered in thousands of cuts, oozing red with blood as a result of being wrapped in razor wire.

Sungjae screamed as he puked at the gruesome sight.

 

Luckily Jihoon was nearby, standing and waiting for him.

"Sungjae, are you okay?"

Jihoon helped Sungjae out the elevator as he fainted and collapsed on the floor.

Jihoon stared at the corpse and gasped.

"No......" he gasped, "No way......."

What was most absurd about this corpse was that there was a tattoo of a tree painted on his neck.

"That can't be...."

Jihoon gasped as he brought Heejun over, and they began to call 119.

 

Hours later, Sungjae woke up, Jihoon and Heejun over him.

"Are you alright?" asked Jihoon. "You've been having a hard time."

"Someone killed him......" Sungjae whispered faintly.

"What?"

"Someone must have killed that guy in the elevator......but I don't know who it is."

"I'll dismiss you after the first rehearsal." said Heejun. "You don't need to do the second rehearsal, as long as you got the neck of what is going on. I want to make sure that for the sake of the safety and health of our employees we give them comfort. And for that you will need your early rest if you want to go to the fashion show tomorrow."

Sungjae still lay as if he was paralysed, unable to move due to the traumatising image.

He was still unable to concentrate in the photoshoots due to this.

 

The first thing Sungjae did right after the first rehearsal was dash out of City Hall and ride the subway until he was safely home.

He knocked vigorously on the door.

"Oh, you're back early!" exclaimed Sungwon.

"Leave me alone." said Sungjae as he brushed him coldly.

"But what about your...."

"I'm not hungry."

Sungjae went to his room and slammed the door shut.

 

His brother opened the door.

"Sungjae...."

"Go away!" shrieked Sungjae, sobbing on the floor with his face hidden in his arms. "Don't look at me."

"But I...."

"Go!"