Sungjae

Upside Down/거꾸로

Sungjae agreed to go with his new friend Jihoon to the fitness centre and continue to do several aerobic exercises as well as abs exercises in order to build on some muscle as well as lose weight. He did so on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays whilst on Sundays he went to the mountains hiking, since they were off work on Sundays.

After taking Jihoon's advice, Sungjae decided to cut down on the amount of food he ate to avoid overwhelming his system.

He was usually full when in the midst of eating meals, but was always determined to finish all the food, despite not being able to take in more. A couple of times Sungjae did throw up from overeating, so he wanted to avoid this habit.

Sungwon offered Sungjae some more rice portions, but Sungjae refused.

"No thanks," he said, "I'm full."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I've had enough."

Sungwon grinned.

"Well, it's good that you seem to be going out with Jihoon and exercising as well as changing habits. It's perfect timing, so you may be able to impress the clients with your healthy figure and body."

"I'm sure of that." said Sungjae, replying with a smile.

Sungwon, who was supportive of Sungjae's career as a model helped him by only letting him eat lots of small meals rather than one or two gigantic meals at once.

 

Over the next couple of weeks, normally when dressing or after taking a shower, Sungjae would stop by the mirror to gaze on his reflection.

He lifted his shirt. He had lost belly fat, but was far, yet almost there.

Sungjae sighed.

"Sometime someday." he said to himself.

 

At the same time, Sungjae continued to make more friends at the model company, other than Jihoon.

 

Sungjae continued to maintain this process for three months until one day, it seemed to be a miracle to him.

He was just stepping out of the shower when he glanced in the mirror.

Staring back at him was a tall, lean mean with flat chiseled 6 pack abs.

"I did it," Sungjae gasped to himself.

He flexed his biceps; there was more sheer muscle.

Little did he know that his brother was standing behind him.

"Being a narcissist, huh?" he teased.

"AAAAAAAAAAA!" Sungjae screamed, covering himself with the towel. "Ya, byeontae kateun nom! Don't scare me like that!"

"Come on, let's see those abs!" he giggled.

"No!!" said Sungjae blushing.

Sungjae laughed as Sungwon managed to tug the towel out of his grip.

Whoosh.

Sungwon stared at him, a stomach burnt and chiseled with six pack abs. Sungwon grinned.

"I'm proud of you," he said before he poked Sungjae in the navel.

"OWWWWWW!"

"Sorry."

"I'm going to get you." Sungjae said with a devious smile.

Pulling on a bathrobe, he began to chase his brother around the house whilst trying to whip him with the towel.

"Gotcha!" Sungjae said once he pinned Sungwon to the bed.

"Okay, okay, you got me," said Sungwon laughing, "Man I'm beat! But I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, hyung." said Sungjae. "Wish me best of luck. I feel empowered."

"I'm sure you are," chuckled Sungwon.

"Apparently there is a shoot that is said to come in a couple of months."

"That's good." said Sungwon, "You did this at the right timing."

"Yeah," said Sungjae, nodding in agreement.


Sungjae did however continue his healthy habits by doing the same routine four times a week, going out with Jihoon in the early mornings.